What's the worst brother or sister story you want to tell? :)

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Mine would have to be when my sister (the wild child) stole a bunch of other girls' purses out of their lockers when she was still in high school and stashed them in my dorm room when I was a freshman in college.

(Who the heck knows why she did that?)

I didn't know what to do.  I wasn't exactly going to say anything....   Luckily, I didn't have to because our dad found out (won't say more!).

2. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

I've been wracking my brains, but truth is, my big brother is just one hell of a great guy, and he's always looked out for me.  Sure, we used to squabble at the requisite squabble-phase, but he's probably the one with a story to tell about his spoiled little sister.  Siblings have great license to behave abominably to each other, don't they?  All I can think of is that he ignored me during my first year at the grammar school he was already attending, because he couldn't be seen talking to a first-former. 

Your sister sounds like a real character!  Oh, and by the way, I like your new photo-avatar--

3. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

Lita I LOVE your new pic. Did you take that one? It's wonderful.

I have the worst sibling story ever. My brother and five of his friends kicked the crap out of me and left me unconscious in a public park when I was 19. He was a big famous local athlete so my parents lied to the cop so none of them would be charged or prosecuted. That was almost 35 years ago and it's all cool now, but it didn't do me any good emotionally for quite awhile. I haven't spoken to him for over 20 years. My two sisters barely speak to me because they are afraid of him.

You probably were looking for something more lightweight.

There are some majorly messed up families around. I always think of that when I see all this  glorification of family and intact families and marriage and all. It's really a case by case thing. Some families suck and should be disbanded. Sometimes the only way you can get a good life is to jettison the sick bastards.

Sorry.

4. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

Holy sh*t, Pam!

And here I've been feeling bad for the last 15ish years because I threw my little brother (5 years younger) across a room once when we were fighting. I freaked out over what I'd done the instant he left my hands but fortunately he wasn't hurt.

He and our sister and I had our share of squabbles, but never anything more serious than that. Now that we're all adults, we get along really well, though part of that is probably that we don't live together anymore. They still do know how to push my buttons in ways only a sibling can, and vice versa! wink

5. profile image0

Yes it's hard. We don't get to choose our families or our siblings. I actually feel bad for my brother--I think he's worse off than I am--but I'm also relieved to not have to ever see him anymore. It's not like I feel bad enough for him that I want to hang out with him or anything.

It was really hard when my folks were still alive and we had holiday dinners and so forth that we were all expected to show up at and pretend to be the Waltons. We'd all walk in, all of us siblings, and slam down three stiff drinks, bam, bam, bam, just to get through it. After my folks died I just went my own way and it got lots easier.

I do see my sisters now if they get sick or something, but I'd say no more than once every couple of years.

6. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Wow, Pam.  That sucks.  Yeah, I had a little 'lighter' things in mind, but that's OK... 

Thanks, about the avatar.

I should tell you with since this same sister of mine above (and she's my sister, so of course I still care for her), decided a couple years ago that she was going to steal my car, that I have not spoken to her much since.  smile  I see her at holidays, of course...  She is the one married w/ kids, anyway (odd how that happens) and is really busy, so it's not that big of deal for either of us.

Families are weird.  That's why I actually like the spate of recent weird family Christmas and Thanksgiving movies.  Much more like reality and actually funny rather than all that traditional syrup.

7. profile image0

Yeah I like that one with Robert Downey Jr and Holly Hunter. That one is a scream and pretty true to life.

When we used to do holidays together we'd take bets on who would run out of the house crying that year. I never did, but someone always did. We tried to have a dark sense of humor about it.

8. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

Wow -- I think I've discovered the secret of how to stay close to your siblings, and that is to move to another continent and time zone.  So when we get together, it's great fun, and we have a blast.  I can see how there is some humor in the dark dynamic of dysfunctional family get-togethers, but yikes, guys, you make me gladder than ever that my big bro is such a good guy.  I just got a txt msg from him, swearing in French. I have no idea why.  My favorite msg from him read "just found dead pigeon on doorstep, so that's sunday lunch sorted."

9. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I was taller than my brother when younger ... rule in the house, after school, whoever got to the T.V first got to watch it, so me & my brother would race to the T.V....I would grab him by the shoulders n toss him on the couch n get the T.V...or I put him in a headlock n give him noogies. lol ...today he grabs me...he's taller... puts me in a headlock n gives me noogies...then I yell to my parents...mommmmm!.S is picking on meeee! ..then my parents come out n chastise my brother...saying...now, now S. ..G is smaller than you ..we don't do that.. ..its all in fun n we all get to walk away laughing .... our parents must think we're odd because we been doing this for years, tongue lol

10. sherryberry profile image58
    sherryberryposted 15 years ago

My sisiter and I are 4 years apart.  When I was 8 and she was 12 she had to babysit me on Saturdays when my parents went to their business.  She was very mean about it.  She would boss me around, tell her friends( in front of me) how she had to take care of this "baby" and couldn't go bike riding.  She would lose me on purpose, or leave the store before payng for my snack, causing me to have to put it back.  Yep she ws nasty.

All my complaining to her, and to my parents did little good.  Even at 8 years old I thought her to be snobby, and she had a "holier than thou" attitude.  This came from her being the oldest grandchild in our extended family of 14 grandchildren.  We lived in very close proximity to our extended family.  When she was older and got dressed to go on a date, all the aunts( especially the ones who had no daughters) would come and watch her dress.  Oh I just could not stand her.  She got so much attention.  It made me really mad.

She was pretty, had good hair, and straight teeth.  As for me, I had thin wispy hair, that would not behave, was surely not pretty, and had crooked cavity filled teeth. 

One day as we walked to the local deli, she started at me and it was just too much.  I had a temper.  So I kicked her.  I mean I really kicked her.  I fractured her ankle.

From that time on my Mom and I did things togeher on Sarurday or she found me an appropriate babysitter.  My sister never babysat me again on a Saturday.   Today 55 some odd years later, well we are friends, she still has better hair and is very beautiful, but hey she is my sister.  And thats just how things are.

11. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I feel really boring. I have two sisters (2 and 6 years younger than me) and one brother (7 years younger) and we all get on fine.

When Eleanor was a newborn baby, and I was two, I did apparently try to pull her off the sofa by her legs because she was near my toy panda, but that's about it!

When Bruv was about 5 or 6, Eleanor, Olivia and I did dress him up in one of Olivia's dresses, hair ribbons and all, he hated it.

12. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

When I was 7 and my siter was 2, my mother used to ask me to keep my sister out of the house till the kitchen work is completed. I used to carry her to the roadside, and show her moving cars, buses, etc. (which were new introductions at that time--before 55 years).  Not seeing anything, my sister used to cry loudly such that nothing else can be heard.  I and my other sister used to beat her taking her to a lonely place and will return home as if nothing happened. Today, the same sister has not yet given up her loud voice. But I cant blame her now.

13. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

When I was a teenager I was always having to watch my younger siblings, so one day I had enough of my little sister's antics as she would run around like the tasmanian devil and tear everything up, so I snatched her and held her up to the wall and told her if she did not stop I was going to pin her ears to the wall , like when we played the game "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" and her ears would be permanently stuck to the wall. Needless to say after that she never acted up again when I was watching her and although she is now grown and a mom she still remembers what happened and now tells the story to her kids. Our mother just recently found out about it , and was shocked as she always wondered how I never seemed to complain after that day.big_smile

14. BDazzler profile image76
    BDazzlerposted 15 years ago

I was the oldest. One time my brother and I got into a boxing match. I was much otlde rand bigger. Bare fisted. I almost knocked him out. Makes me sick to my stomach to remember it. 

When we were older, I emailed him told him how much I regreted that day.  He told me he remembered it as a single event and listed all the fun things we used to do together.

I forwarded the corespondence to my sister, who was evidently more traumatized by the event than my brother was.  I got a very long email back from her telling me how glad she was that we had cleared that up.  It didnt occur to me until that day that she had been so traumatized by it.

15. Ankit1402 profile image58
    Ankit1402posted 9 years ago

well my story is that i left my sister's hand long time ago.... she was so nice to me.... but i left her....
    now im missing her so badly....more than usually i do on the others days...... i just wanna say...im the worst brother alive..... i deserves this....... be happy where ever you're.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)