Website copying Hubpages profiles/content

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. alexadry profile image96
    alexadryposted 9 years ago

I found today this website that has copied several pictures of mine and articles and then found articles of many users along with hubpages logos etc. I would normally file a DMCA, but don't know where to start. If I go through Whois, all I find is that the owner of the website is private and protected.  I purposely put some space after // to not give direct traffic. What can be done?
    http://  tips1001.ninja/?s=hubpages
    I found my content and the content of many other hubbers by typing the user name in the "search this website" field.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The website is hosted by an American company and honors DMCA Notices.  Send yours to:
      abuse@knownhost.com

Include the Hub URL and the image URL for photos and include the plagiarizing webpage URL and its image URL for photos.

alexadryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much Writer Fox. I appreciate your help in this matter.

2. AlbertNew profile image60
      AlbertNewposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How does the website manage to be private and hide its information like that?

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Kill that link. Websites that do this stuff also many times do malware. smile

3. alexadry profile image96
    alexadryposted 9 years ago

Hello paradigmsearch, I did make it not live, so that it cannot be clicked. I was planning to report to DMCA but don't know where to start. This clever webmaster made things difficult, taking pictures, parts of articles and links and scattering throughout so it's difficult to report because you would have to tell Google that the picture is copied from one page, the links from another page, and the parts of content from 2-3 other pages:(

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cheer up. Things are actually worse. big_smile

For every site like this we know of, there are probably 4 more out there we don't know of. And it will never stop.

Actually, it's not totally hopeless. As far as I know, sites like this never get any meaningful placement in search results.

1. JayeWisdom profile image88
        JayeWisdomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Lately, I've been lucky with reporting pirated work of mine that's on blogspot.com blogs because the domain is owned by Google. I've also had pirated work removed from WordPress blogs. My success with business-related blogs using my work is about half and half. In other words, half of them comply with the notice while the other half ignore me.

Plagiarism on the Internet is rife, and we could spend all of our time trying to put out the fires. Except in the case of my best-performing hubs, I don't really bother.

2. alexadry profile image96

Jayewisdom, I agree, those are really easy to report and are taken down quickly.

3. alexadry profile image96

Paradigmsearch... you are right, there is much worse going on. Last week, guess what?  I found a website that copied my entire website and made it into an e-book that is being sold in Sri Lanka and England! I am still waiting a response from the hosting company:(

2. aesta1 profile image89
      aesta1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Alexadry, please let me know what steps to take. I found a similar site with my pictures copied so I am interested on what to do.

Aesta1, you need to report to Google and fill out a DMCA  form or you can find the hosting company and fill out a copyright infringement form.

4. aesta1 profile image89
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

Is it possible to ban these sites from HP?

5. aesta1 profile image89
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

I just checked and found this site copying bits and pieces from hubs as well as pictures (mostly my pictures) but other hubbers are also mentioned. Here it is: meatloaf recipes.info

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)