DARE! The Negative and Positive Effects of your Religion or Bible

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 8 years ago

I may not know about the most authoritative dictionary of linguistics in the world :The Bible: So Please just tell us your Pros and Cons on your Religion ?

Do you have more pros than cons?

Your God created the Universe. As an artist,who studies world history, and experienced lifestyle of an artist. Art crosses over more cultures in World's History than Religion has. The con at first of being an artist is that my entire family and friends disappoved because of the financial risks. Today, after being an naturalist, middleclass and artist for most of my life, the love ones think it's the best thing about me. Can you say the same thing about your Religion Positives vs your cons..

Mainly based on Christianity My list of Pros and Cons on Religion

1. Fear. People are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, plus people are afraid of living. In an over ego world it is sad that fear base religion is running the world rather than love.

2. Sins: impure souls, and born sinners, if you don’t purify themselves they will soon be condemned to hell by God, eternal suffering. Why sins?, why not just correct your mistakes along the way? Why have quilt nor regrets about the past, focus on the future to avoid regrets.

3.Unnatural, Christian are more concern about war and sex rather than the natural enviorment as our greatest threat to mankind. Religion demands people to behave to be perfect, just like angels, so unnatural or unrealistic. Most Animals and trees are dead on earth in the last 50 years, what did they do to you or us?

4.Conditional love of Ignorance, a honest answer :I don't know if God exist: For a person to claim they know who created the Universe wail collectively human do not know about the 99% mass here on earth, is just crazy.

5. The fear of hell is continuously in your mind, the way the Bible is written most of us are going to hell. To doubt religion means to go to hell, naturally you become afraid of seeking true and knowledge.To live means to learn, and life is a continuous lesson.What lessons would anyone deserve or learn by eternal torture to change his ways.Wail always a deep-rooted fear within you that the other wants to harm you–the other is corrupted, ill-willed, an enemy of your.

6.Addiction of the great repeaters filling you with worry reedo and anxiety, and this does not allow you to live spontaneously. As a result, most so-called religious people become neurotic and in some cases even schizo phrenic.

7, People turning against or entolerate of other religious ideologies, unbelivers and most of all, fighting their own, religions demonations. Only truth and way, leads to tremendously negative consequences – hatred, racism, and all kinds of violence.

8.War. 90% of wars have been carried out throughout history in the name of God and religion, plus fighting nonreligious ones. To identify with a religious ideology of War over their imginary friends.To blindly follow a religion, means to restrict your perception, suppress yourself, and live in hypocrisy, to live in suffering and misery.

9. Freedom: Unless we stop having an authority to tell us what to do or what not to do, will never be free. And unless we are free, we will never be happy and peaceful. Life is made of choice. So people prefer not to chose for themselves, but to have others chose for them. They prefer instead of creating their on path or being a co creator with the Universe.

Pros
    1 I would be accepted better by my brother who is a pastor and by many other Christian, who I have lost relationships with, plus jobs, just because I could not be saved before.

2. Social groups who help the poor, and to be in contact with other social groups within most places you travel.
    3. To live in very comfortable, knowing I do not to need to think or think on who I am.
    4. To live within a smaller boxed in my lifestyle, just by worshipping God is so easssy

There you have it, 9 pros and 4 cons, what would yours be?

Castlepalomaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The pros and cons has been a great deciding factor for many of my relationships and choices in life. To share this excerice with silence, confirms once more on how most lives live in fear of authority, rather than being free with the choices they make for themselves, in turn service others better.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

I mean 9 cons, 4 pros.

2. Oztinato profile image74
    Oztinatoposted 8 years ago

I am also an artist with a uni degree in art and archaeology and I can assure everyone that ALL art and culture evolved out of religion, was fostered by religion and has been mainly an expression of religion until as recently as a blink of an eye or so. This is a pro.   
    "Luke I am your father"......darth vadar

Oztinato

Religion
      Hinduism is generally regarded as the world's oldest organized religion. It consists of "thousands of different religious groups that have evolved in India since 1500 BCE." Evolved out of Hinduism, Christianity? where about half of Americans believe the World is less than 10,000 years old. Then you have this world's largest young creationist telling us the earth began over 6000 years ago over six-day period. They presents origins of the Universe, Life, Mankind according to Genesis

Arts
      The arts are the greatest persuasive tool since arts and culture began since the dawn of mankind 30,000 years ago. As the Arts aim, is to please.
      South Africa Artifacts indicate a 100,000-year-old art studio ... evidence of humans painting with ochre goes back only 60,000 years,

What came first, Religion or Art?

Is it not an easy answer?

1. Oztinato profile image74
        Oztinatoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That art 60,000 years ago was firmly based on religious belief of one kind or another and this process continued until today.
        Religion evolves like other phenomena. It often is suited to different cultures and varying intellectual standards. Vive la difference.

I did notice religious art on the caveman's walls. Show me?

1. Oztinato profile image74
            Oztinatoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Many atheists need to get away from a narrow blinkered idea of religion as just a tiny slice of right wing Christians etc.
            Take Australian Indigenous art that goes back 80,000 years: it all shows images from their religion. None of their art is unrelated to their religion.
            Early European cave art is identical in purpose: fertility goddesses for example and religious hunting rituals related to placating various half human gods.

The Anglo-Saxons and other Teutonic tribes were not the only ones to celebrate the rites of spring. A pagan goddess of fertility and spring was honored in many cultures; for example, to the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians she was known.The connecting between France and any early holyland is great myth strech for a religious base. The Easter Bunny customs regarding eggs and rabbits, both of which symbolize fertility and producing offspring and have no connection to the resurrection of Christ. There are many examples art over 100,000 years ago connecting it all to nature. Perhaps nature is the new and only true religion there ever was, along with imagination being closest to God

Once I was so rich I turned into Dark Vandar, then went naturally back to being Luke.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
        Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

really?

A truth warrior, not the killing kind.

3. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There's no proof of that at all.

3. Jane Err profile image56
    Jane Errposted 8 years ago

I am a Christian by birth, family, society that I grew up in.....middle class white America....not so much the deep south but close enough to warp the religion.  Christianity isn't a bad religion per se......love, forgiveness, honesty, generosity.....but oh my, what it has become is something else.  Mega churches catering to the rich, ministries passed from father to son and living a life of wealth off of the hope and fears of people who believe the money faith preachers.  It has become sickening.  I am not saying there aren't good, honest, loving and generous Christians because there are.  but I have also seen the murkier side that doesn't help the needy, in fact, don't even want the needy or the poor in spirit in their church.  I have heard people say, "we better give some money to THAT church or their congregation will be coming to OUR church." 

Christianity isn't so bad in spirit, but some people using the religion have given it a very bad name.

The fear of hell is continuously in your mind, as war is hell on earth. Why is it that the USA Military budget (Military inteligence) is ten times greater than the Education budget. When 80% of Americans are Christians, why can't they change this?, or is greed and destruction just allowed and a great part of the culture.

Artist are the poorest paid in the country, and need to pay taxes, where the churches will not not need to pay taxes. What would JC say to that?

Oh, I agree. Artists shouldn't have to pay taxes!!!!

Christians continue to give what Caesar wants.
        - and turn the other cheek.
        But really we need to unite and do something drastic AND magic.
        - something peaceful like Gandhi did…

- or maybe just don't (DO NOT) vote
        for either Clinton or Bush in the primaries or ever again.

Hear Ye Christians: Did you read this?

TWISI

If JC ever came back for his second coming and got voted in as the American leader. WHY!!! WHY!!!

What am I saying, Hell would freeze over on that idea.

JC is not Caesar and never would be.

2. Jane Err profile image56
        Jane Errposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just because they claim to be Christians doesn't mean they are.

Was.the.Christian.die.on.the cross

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

Hear Ye Christians: Did you read this?

- just don't (DO NOT) vote for either Clinton or Bush in the primaries or ever again. This would be the Responsible and Christian thing to do.

For All in the US, this would be the Responsible and Revolutionary thing to do.

Or Else.

We only have this next election. If we blow it, and do not take our nation back, we will suffer the consequences. United we will stand, divided we will fall.

Just My Opinion.

These leaders have a lience to steal and kill, is that not above God's law?

Funny, artist get called the fools. If loving what you do is crazy, then I am out of my mind.

Good. cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)