Updated hub got marked with NFQ symbol--why?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 8 years ago

Yesterday I updated one of my hubs with a new poll. So why did it get the NFQ symbol, when nothing was spammy? I've rearranged the capsules, hoping it helps. Any ideas why?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have a feeling that your definition of not spammy is not the same as Hubpages' definition of not spammy.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Is it the angel hub?  You are selling a necklace and a book about angels.  Yes that is sort of related, but someone enjoying some poetry doesn't need a necklace or a book.  You can try to work in why these products are relevant in the content of your hub or delete the sales capsules.

2. Kristen Howe profile image91
        Kristen Howeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It just came back with the NFQ symbol again. Nothing's spammy, since it was featured last fall. So i redid the poll. What gives? Matthew Meyer, are you there?

Susan and Alicia, it didn't work. I still get the same NFQ symbol again and removing my new poll. I did email HP and got no word on why.

1. AliciaC profile image93
        AliciaCposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kristen, I know this situation is frustrating for you. I'm sorry about the problems that you're having with the hub. HubPages has become much stricter about the use of Amazon capsules, however. I strongly suspect that your use of the capsules is the problem.

If you were able to review each item that you're selling and point out its good and bad points, I think the hub would be featured. Since you don't review the specific items that you're selling in your hub, a moderator may think that the Amazon capsules are spam. You could try deleting the Amazon capsules, making the article longer and turning it into an information hub. I think this is worth a try if you still want to get the hub featured.

3. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kristen, It might be because of keyword usage. I counted around twenty times the word computer is used within the hub. Sometimes that triggers the spam police.

The last time I was sited for spammy elements was for a wrong ebay product and for using Amazon and other store names. But I just added a poll, which shouldn't be considered spammy. Now it's pending.

3. Kristen Howe profile image91

No. It was my computer hub for the home office. The angel hub is new--I just sent it out to HP.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Adding the poll is not the relevant issue, doing so just sent it back through assessment and either because it is borderline, or the new spam rules, or somebody's finger slipped, it failed this time.  it could be for anything on the hub.

4. Kristen Howe profile image91

Good point. It's still pending for the past couple hours and hope it gets resolved and back to featured soon.

5. Kristen Howe profile image91

And again, I got the same symbol and changed poll. It's not spammy!

6. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

Hubs can be right on the border and since QAP is done by humans, sometimes it goes to a person who thinks it falls on one side of the spammy line, and sometimes it goes to a person who thinks it falls on the other side. 

If you would give us the link to the hub, someone might give you a suggestion you haven't considered.

Anyway, good luck with it.

1. Kristen Howe profile image91

Sure. I've deleted the poll, since it keeps coming back at NFQ, no matter how I change it. http://kristenhowe.hubpages.com/hub/Bac … e-Computer If anyone has any ideas on updating my old computer hub with a new poll, please let me know. It's been featured since November 2014.

7. SusanDeppner profile image75
    SusanDeppnerposted 8 years ago

Kristen, change the category and see if that helps (currently the category says "desks'). Also, I'd add the poll back in, as long as it is strictly on topic. Polls increase interaction with the reader, which is very important.

8. Kristen Howe profile image91

HI Susan. Every time I change a computer-related poll, it gets the NFQ symbol for my computer hub. I do have a separate computer hub. I'll give it a try, since I gave up the ghost on that new poll to update that hub. *sigh*  My first poll was fine.

9. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 8 years ago

Kristen, I think the problem is that your Amazon capsules contain products that you don't describe. You talk about computers in general in the hub but give no reviews of the specific products that you're trying to sell. Another thing that I noticed, which may be just a glitch, was that the Amazon capsule with the Dell computer appears twice in the hub.

10. Kristen Howe profile image91

HI Alicia. It was just about finding the right computer for your home advice, with the pros and cons between each computer type. I didn't really go into detail about doing a review for them, since I have owned Apple computers. Thanks for spotting the glitch.  I hope this helps.

11. Kristen Howe profile image91

Alicia, one's a desktop computer and one's a Dell laptop. I don't know about the glitch. I can change the photo.

12. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 8 years ago

Well I too have a similar issue involving a hub that was not featured. When I tweaked it up and forwarded it for assessment, it came back with the full moon suffix! (NFQ Symbol)

On examining it further I discovered that I had strayed from the point right throughout the article. The article was about a musical band of the late sixties and seventies.

Instead of discussing the merits of the band and its history, I have been talking solely of the revolution this musical group triggered off in the younger generation and the impact their emergence had on me and those of my age group!

How foolish of me! lol Now I intend re-writing the hub and adding more content about the band's history and their achievements.

Although I am not sure whether this post would help you in any way, I just thought that my analysis could be of interest.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)