Two main pages - one for hubs only and the other for forums and Q&A

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

I like the new Topic page design - but is it possible to have that for hubs only. Then have the feed page for forums, Q&A, and Status. I think that would be a very good way to showcase hubs more prominently and keep all forum threads on one place, easier to find.

EDIT: if the topic page had the section with our profile pic, profile, account and comment section, (and no forums) then it would be perfect IMHO.

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image89
      MelRootsNWritesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it would be nice to have one for just hubs.  I also miss seeing people's profile photo.  I realized today that I don't know people by their hubber name.

Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I know, I don't recognize all the huibber names I see. I like to see photos.

My reason for asking a separate page for just forums is because I do not visit the forums that much and get so tired of seeing the same things over and over or seeing one person starting several forum threads a day on petty little things for several days in a row - that gets rather annoying to me. Funny me saying that since I started this thread, but I rarely start a thread and felt this topic page is something that should be addressed.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 8 years ago

I don't like the new main page. The main thing I ever looked at was my number of new comments and now I have to click over to get to that!

Well, if the main page showed our pic, profile, new comments, etc., like the current feed page does, that would  be the best.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Give me everything in one place. I'm extremely lazy big_smile

Ah hahaha - we are of like mind, WryLilt. Thanks!

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

We've been trying to figure out the best way to show forums and QnA on the site.  We've also been tweaking the hubs we display.  It will take us a bit to get it as right as we can.

Hey, Paul. Thanks for commenting and letting us know you are working on it.

I worked on a site for several years where the forums were in their own section, run by UBB threads and it was great. All the articles could be accessed in a separate section where 3 or 4 of the newest hubs were featured and all the topics listed below to make it easier to find articles in topics one was interested in.

I appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you are working on this.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Paul, is it possible to have the feed page for hubs only? So far the commenters here want to see a page with just hubs and their own box for easy access - example follows :

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle)
      Phyllis Doyle profile image93

Comments
          Your Hubs
          Your Profile

You already have the topic page and the feed page. It seems like an easy fix to me - but, then I am not a computer tech.  Hope it all works out well for all of us.

4. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 8 years ago

Phyllis
    I agree with you.  I do miss the old display and prefer to see hubs in one place. I liked seeing the number of comments I receive.  Can we do something about that?

Thanks, Audrey.
      I sure hope HP can fix that for us. Having just hubs on one page with our profile pic and access would be great. I am not anti-forum, but I sure get frustrated when having to scroll down past all the forum threads to find hubs I would like to read. Especially when there are so many threads.

I am sure frequent forum members would appreciate a separate page to find their posts quicker. We might even stretch this idea one more step and have a separate page for Q&A section. We all have so much to do to remain active here that the easier it is for us, the more we can get done.

5. God shet profile image59
    God shetposted 8 years ago

hope this very thread didn't show up there. Well, ...

Sadly, it did Anders. haha  Hope HP will make separate pages to feature hubs, forum threads and QnA.

1. God shet profile image59
        God shetposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I wish that you get more supporters on this cause.

Thank you, kind sir.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)