Creator Day - October 18

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Cat333 profile image60
    Cat333posted 8 years ago

This CREATOR DAY - October 18, 2015 – honor our awesome Creator, enjoy his magnificent creation and unite with Christians across the nation in declaring our belief in the Lord of the Universe! In a day when portrayals of a world without a Creator increasingly dominate the media and educational systems, Creator Day is arising as a spiritually significant holiday and movement to unite Christians in belief and glorify our Maker. Suggested activities include a trip to a zoo, aquarium, garden or pumpkin patch; a stroll through the park or hike through the mountains; a visit to a beach; a picnic, bonfire or campout; a Creator Day festival or parade, in which creation-themed costumes can be worn. Organizing a youth group trip to the zoo or campground is a simple but meaningful way to celebrate. To make a bold statement of belief, design and wear hats and shirts about our Creator. Transform secular fall activities into Creator Day celebrations of life, beauty and the giver of life. Please pray, join us in the celebration and notify your home church. Visit www.creatorday.com and SHARE to spread the word!

“Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.” Revelation 4:11

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What about the scientific concensus that the planet Mars used to have a thick atmosphere, large oceans and water running across its surface, yet now it is a cold dried up rock with barely any atmosphere? If we accept creation then Mars seems a bit pointless really.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Watched a TV special the other day - the thinking is that there may have been an enormous solar flare that, without a magnetic field to protect the planet, literally blew off the water vapor and most of the atmosphere from Mars.

Seems likely that that's when the Martians all died - without a Noah, they weren't worth saving.  Must have been tough, though, as a little water wasn't enough - it took the unimaginable fury of a star to do them in.

1. Oztinato profile image75
          Oztinatoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're assuming there were "Martians"??First Mistake.
          Second:it's becoming increasingly obvious to (real) scientists that Earth is looking almost unique. The moon is larger and absorbs asteroid impacts that make it through the outer giant planets. Then our ionosphere and magnetic field protect life on Earth. Abundant water and many other variables allow life to thrive here. The size of the earth, it's distance from the sun etc etc are unique so far to science.
          Lastly if you can get away from one particular scripture from one particular ancient time from one particular culture you might like to actually study general religious theory. Obsessing about the old testament is not doing justice to the huge cultural role religions have played. 
          Please no more religious stereotyping! Religions and races are often synonymous and many indigenous and other races can be offended by stereotypes.ie. hate speech.

1. wilderness profile image95

Actually, the martians was supposed to be a joke.  Funny, you know?

But earth unique?  Not hardly - we've found dozens of planets in the same zone as earth.  Both Mars and Venus are approximately the same size as well, and jupiter has a magnetic field.  Enceladus is primarily water.  4 other moons in the solar system are all larger than ours.

So the attributes you claim are unique to earth aren't unique at all.  The combination is, but then the combination that makes up every planet we have any real knowledge makes every planet unique.

2. Oztinato profile image75
    Oztinatoposted 8 years ago

Its clear you weren't joking at all about your mars theory.
    I suggest you keep up to date with current resesrch re similar planets with a moon as large as ours plus water etc as I just mentioned.I

I remember back in the 80s Christians laughing at those silly scientists for proposing that stars might also have planets orbiting and that they would one day work out how to detect them. They are not laughing now. Christians laughed about the notion of liquid water running on Mars. They are not laughing now. Today many Christians laugh at the notion of extraterrestrial life, just have look at Answers in Genesis. Yet scientists are continually finding  extremaphobes where it was thought impossible for organisms to survive: black smokers on the ocean floors, acid pools deep underground, under the antarctic ice, embedded within rocks in the tundra, hot mud pools around geysers, even on the outside of spacecraft orbiting the Earth. These conditions are in no way unique to Earth. Just as Wilderness stated,  Enceladus is covered in water ice.

But one thing I have never quite understood is that when it is known that the universe contains billions of galaxies containing billions of stars, why do so many Christians get upset at the concept of life elsewhere?

2. wilderness profile image95

Yes, yes.  Earth is unique as a combination of all it's attributes (as far as we know).  I said that.

So is Venus - nowhere (we know of) is another planet so shrouded in clouds, just that size and at just that distance from it's star.  And Saturn!  Nowhere else do we find such a gorgeous set of rings around a planet with that makeup for atmosphere, that size and at that distance.  Fascinating!

So...your point that earth is unique?  All planets are unique (as far as we know).  They are all special, just as earth is.

3. Oztinato profile image75
    Oztinatoposted 8 years ago

Unless you provide some actual evidence about which Christians said what then generalisations and stereotypes mean nothing.
    Galileo was a Christian for example and he advanced astronomy.
    It seems that many critics of religion are stuck in a backwater of criticism usually focused on a tiny sliver of fundamentalism from the backwoods of Texas etc.

One word, Evolution. There you go.  A word that gets Christians all over the World upset, not just hick towns in Texas.

There you go again stereotyping all religions when in actual fact you are still referring to that one sliver of backwoods fundamentalists. Is it a habit??
        The principle of evolution is frequently jettisoned by many (but not all) atheists when discussing religious evolution. For example attacking a 2,000 plus year old document specific to a certain cultural milieu; forgetting that religions evolve too.

I didn't stereotype all religions there,  what are you talking about? I mentioned Christians and Christians alone. Did I attack a 2000 year old document? Nope. I never mentioned the bible or any other so called holy text. For 25 years I was surrounded by Christians of multiple varieties of church culture get upset by evolution. Did I say ALL Christians get upset? Nope. Perhaps you should read what I specifically write rather than trying to read between lines drawing assumption upon assumption. Is assuming a habit for you? It would appear so from the plain reading of your posts.

Err..."Christians all over the world"??
            So you are claiming exactly what?  That only all christians have closed minds to science? So you obviously must support all other religions? ?
            What on Earth are you trying to say.

There you go again, assumption and putting words in my mouth. Christians all over the World does not mean all Christians. It means multiple Christians around the world. I don't support any religion. What I'm saying is plain in my posts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)