Inappropriate Google Ads

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. favored profile image62
    favoredposted 8 years ago

How can I report or delete an inappropriate google ad from a hub article? This keeps showing, but an example of bad ads is in my "How to Make A Wedding Tissue Holder" these ads keep showing up at the "bottom" (no pun intended) of the article. See it here: http://hubpages.com/style/wedding-tissue-pouch

I already reported it several days ago & again today, but it keeps showing anyway.  Really not what I want my readers to see on a wedding article.  Any ideas?

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12843800_f1024.jpg

1. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hate this stuff showing up in our hubs. It's gross looking and disgusting.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm annoyed with it too. I can't understand why these hubs are getting so much ranking to appear all over the place.

I don't like it under my hubs since it had a bad reflection on my work. Outsiders who don't know any better might think it's another of my hubs. I'm not happy at all about this.

HP can and should filter this out on their Google AdSense account. I do that on my account, but it doesn't affect Google Recommmded Hubs that appear since those use HP's affiliate code.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image86
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This same one has been grossing me out too and I thought about complaining but that is always a lost cause. Good to see it bothers others too though! lol
      No more meals while surfing HubPages!

3. Daljeet Kaur profile image60
      Daljeet Kaurposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can report for those ads and tell your pals too to do the same. Such type of ads are really annoying.

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They aren't ads, they are hubs.

1. moonlake profile image82
          moonlakeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're right they are. Even better with so many complaints, there is no reason why they can't be removed from showing up on our hubs.

2. Molly Layton profile image72
          Molly Laytonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That means there's a problem with the algorithm that sorts which Hubs we see. I have done nothing that would warrant a Hub about cysts constantly showing up on nearly every page.

2. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 8 years ago

This sort of thing is at best disrespectful to everyone on the site, even to those who make jokes about it.  It seems that the only control writers have over it is to just close up shop.

favoredposted 8 years agoin reply to this

After I posted this I looked down the page and saw another had reported the same thing.  You are right, it isn't what I would say "good for business" for most of us.

3. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

This is the third forum thread about the same issue. I am getting those same recommended hubs at the bottom of almost all of my own hubs as well as on others I visit (please note, these are not advertisements. I as well as others have reported them but HubPages says they have no control over what is shown and that they are chosen by Google.

If they have no control over them I would think HP could create an option tab that allows us to remove them don't you?  At least let us select which ones would be right for the specific article.  Most unsettling.

1. Jodah profile image92

+1   I can't argue with that suggestion. It would be good if we were given a choice.

2. Jodah profile image92

Now it appears that the "how to shave a hairy butt" hub is gone from the recommenders but now I have two different butt with cyst hubs. Can't win.

4. Blake Flannery profile image93
    Blake Flanneryposted 8 years ago

I've never liked the promotion of other people's hubs on mine. It's a bit like smoothing out the traffic for everyone, even if someone only copies topics of the high trafficked hubs. You are sharing some of your visitors with the writer who writes about butts. I wonder how much traffic you get back from that hubber. Too bad Hubpages still doesn't have a way for us to veto other hubs that are really bad selections.

That would be great.  It' not saying people don't have the option to chose what they write about, but that not all things are correct for each situation.  These articles should be at least listed under health.

5. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 8 years ago

Under obscenity laws, people get the right to vote on "community standards." What's OK for Los Angeles may not be considered decent for Bible Belt, Mississippi. It seems that HubPages has become a community, and perhaps we should get the right to vote on what conforms to our standards of decency. If Google chooses the standards, perhaps the objectors could vote with their feet. I'm not saying that everything has to conform to "Christian" standards because I'm a very liberal person, but these hubs with their photographs are appearing inappropriately on hubs of other writers, such as cooking, weddings, etc.

Good points to consider.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

LOL, I just got a warning that Adsense might drop my personal blog because of an rule-breaking post.  I clicked the link and the only possible problem with the post in question is that it includes a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch's naked behind. What is good for the goose is apparently banned for the gander.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)