What are your Favourite Quotations?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

One of mine is:

"UTOPIA: A place where the last clergyman is being strangled with the intestines of the last politician:

- Author Unknown.

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"One who sees inaction in action and action in inaction , he is a wise man." Holy Bhagwad Gita

2. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey.

George Orwell

I think, therefore I am.

Rene Descartes

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, do no evil

Source unknown

1. getpaidtopost profile image41
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey they ripped me of I only have 3 statues, lol

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

"Do not mess in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" - Dinner.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1086178_f248.jpg
    His Last Words. May he/she/it rest in pieces.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail." - Roy Keane

From my hub:- http://hubpages.com/hub/Inspirational-Soccer-Quotes

5. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thomas eddison on the invention of the light bulb when asked by a reporter how it felt to have failed 700 time:
    'I have not failed 700 times, I have not failed once, I have succeeded in proving that those 700 hundred ways will not work. When I have eliminated all the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.
    Theres nothing like optimism.

1. Pamda Man profile image58
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not 'Success is 1% talent 99% hard work.'

6. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."

Unkown but I use it all the time

7. vanzant730 profile image64
    vanzant730posted 14 years ago

So very many favorites...
    But I guess my top five are:
    1. "Men plan. Fate laughs." As made famous by Jim Butcher.
    2. "When life gives you lemons ask for tequila and salt and call me." As made famous by someone unknown.
    3. "What would you attempt in life if you knew you could not fail?" As made famous by someone unknown.
    4. Ex Hoc Momento Pendet Aeternitas. Translation:Eternity is hinged upon this moment. As made famous by someone unknown.
    5."There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy." As made famous by Mark Twain.

8. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

"The highest result of education is tolerance" - Helen Keller

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” - Audrey Hepburn

"Live to Love, Love to Live." - Boxelder

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

From JFK's We're going to the moon speech.

We don't do things because they're easy, we do them because they're hard.

I've had the entire speech above my desk with that line highlighted since I was a child.

10. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 14 years ago

All courtesy of Mr. Hunter S. Thompson:

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.

11. Ladybird33 profile image68
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I just wrote a hub about my favorite quotes...but my favorite is

"Power up Mom, you can do it" from my son

He was really into Power Rangers, when the changed from humans to Power Rangers they would say "power up" it was so funny and cute!

check out the hub
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Quotes----Inspi … y-Lifetime

12. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Hi again I have a couple more but I don't know who there from.
    'He who laughs last, laughs longest.'
    'power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely'

13. redmachine76 profile image61
    redmachine76posted 14 years ago

"Life too is precious to waste - to spend on anything but the best"

14. LiamBean profile image80
    LiamBeanposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure this is really Mark Twain, but it sounds like him.

"Always tell the truth. It will delight your friends and confound your enemies."

These others are verified:

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so."

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."

"Every generalization is dangerous, especially this one."

"Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said."

15. Kadmiels profile image52
    Kadmielsposted 14 years ago

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way did not become still more complicated.'

Poul Anderson

16. jestone profile image67
    jestoneposted 14 years ago

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    Harry S. Truman-

17. Sybil Marie profile image61
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked
    "You have to want to fly so much you are willing to give up being a caterpillar" Came the answer  Hope For the Flowers

18. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

the true sign of a genius is how much of a child you keep with you as a adult

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)