Why we fight in the name of religions,even in hub forums.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Let all the belief system co-exist including atheism and agnosticism.You are a free man to believe in anything.If anyone say you anything bad about your belief then maybe they are ignorant about you and your belief system.Can a belief system be more powerful than humanity?I don't think so.What do you think friends?

2. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

From the other thread:

My atheism has something probably to do with the Bible. I found too many illogical sentences in it. But after some thought, I find myself in a paradox because, as I said in my hub, I cannot use false statement to support my view. The Bible is false statement because I do not believe in it. But then I stuck with my atheism and discovered science. I found science very logical. Everything had a reason.

Probably the biggest reason for my atheism is that God never transformed into matter in front of me. Some people say that God does not need non believers to believe. And I just get sick of this shhit (Really, no offence). I've heard people get miracles from God, and then I ask, why are there so many people suffering in the world? And I ask again, why do those people who suffer still believe in him? I find this really intriguing. And that is why I wrote a hub on religion.

You actually made a thread from my hub. smile

1. candice5 profile image57
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hjave always figured that some of the most Religious places, and I will give an example the Vatican, has piles of Homeless people in the rougher areas, all give money A tith oof their meagre earnings so the Pope can Live in the Ultimate of Luxury, its just one example. So I agree with you as usual pamda Man.

3. andromida profile image57

Thank you panda.You have mentioned very good points behind your belief.Yes ,I made this thread from your hub ,because you told me that you don't want any flame in your hub.And I knew that you would be posting in my thread.But, I can say you one thing about one of your reason of being atheist, that is you want god to be transformed into matter.What's the use of god's being transformed into matter?Nonetheless, I find your rest of the points being an atheist are very valid and thought provoking as well.Thanks for making such a wonderful comment.

4. Pamda Man profile image58

Well, if he exists, and I hear people say he's a form of energy, then by Einstein's equation, he can easily transform into matter, given his superpowers. Therefore, why not prove his existence by showing up? If his appearance could prevent forum spam, it would be a good deed.

5. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Everyone has their beliefs and everyone thinks that their belief is the right one.  I do not care what others believe.  I have not gotten in an fight over religion.  I respect all that others believe since I know that they are believing in something just as I am.  I am happy enough to see that they have a belief to begin with.

I feel that I would not want to get into a fight over religious beliefs as it would not be worth it to me to upset a human being over a matter like that.  I mean if someone came up to me and was rude to me about what I believe, I would get upset about that but I sure would not get upset with them because they believe differently.  It is not worth the fight, the aggervation or losing a friend over.

6. andromida profile image57

Well said.You are saying that"I hear people say he's a form of energy,".I have already admitted that you only heard and yet not sure about it.Its only your assumption that he is energy.Based on your assumption you are expecting him to be transformed into a material form so as you can believe that god really exits.

If I had the power to create infinite number of universes,then I would not really care about if people believe in me or not.Your believing in him or not does not make any sense to him.He has done his part, he left the work of finding him in our hands and we are trying to find him through religions,while some are happier without finding him.You are right that his appearance could prevent forum spam.But our forums or even our planet earth is a very very tiny part of the chaotic state of our universe.

I think as long as this would will exists people keep arguing about his existence.I can say you one thing and let me admit that I am not for or against neither  any religions or any atheists.I believe everyone has their points   behind choosing any particular belief.Its better let both the religious and atheists co-exits together.If anyone does not believe in him or not would  neither stop the sun to rise nor stop the life forms on this planet.But arguing about religion/atheism, we all try to establish our own point of views.History tells us about lots of bloodshed in the name of god.I think we need to let Him n HIS followers to stay in his path and you stay in your path,
    showing compassion and respect for each other.Thats the way we can avoid any unwanted situation in the name of god,whom neither  any religious people,nor any atheists have ever seen.So,why to fight friends.We have the power of showing many qualities innate in among us thats the way we can express ourselves,why to worry so much about him n his existence.I like to thank you panda for reading so long a reply.In fact I wanted to write more, but I need to eat something.Take care friend.smile.

1. Pamda Man profile image58
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe adding spaces between punctuation will help. I gave up in the middle and continued when I saw thank you panda lol.

What a wonderful reply! I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with a religion-ist!

And I lol'd at the last sentence. I also need to eat something. But it's 2 am in the morning. =/

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not everybody is as good at english as you.  smile
        you should prolly get some sleep! dont you have school?

2. andromida profile image57
        andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have something panda,then we will discuss abt HIM.You are one of the most intelligent panda I  have ever seen.

7. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

go eat andromida..sorry if I spelled your name wrong...have a nice lunch. The world would be better off if more people would be so tolerant, yet sure of themselves, as you are.

ok, so ...ive been in religion forums like, all day..and a song by Josh Turner just came on the radio...we're like to peas in a pod..me and God...

wierd.

Hi Dennise, how are you?
      So, most of your time you are spending in religious forums.Who will make your lunch? Every time we meet in forums one of us take a break to eat.see u soon.

1. profile image0

hi to you too!! I make my own lunch. every day, for the past....several years...

yes, i guess I do spend alot of time in religions forums. I had bad times with religion growing up and am trying to make sense of it. see you too!

8. Pamda Man profile image58

It's summer! big_smile

1. profile image0

then...why the chinese assignment the other day? did you mean you had to order out?

I'm well known for overdue homework. big_smile My record was 8 months. Chemistry IA. lol

1. profile image0

wow. when I was in school, if it didnt get passed in on time, you got an F. done. your lucky..

I thought you are in school too.

1. profile image0

no? Im not...why did you think that?

Um... I didn't say that. big_smile

2. Pamda Man profile image58

The teacher couldn't do anything about it. I'm an undergraduate right now and homework didn't really matter.

9. CEN7777 profile image60
    CEN7777posted 14 years ago

NO friend no belief system is more powerful than humanity. I fact all belief system or religions talk about humanity and that is the greatest religion.

Amen to that.

10. Pamda Man profile image58

But it's 2 am in the morning. =/ Lol. Guess I will be sleeping at 2am. It's 1:53 now.

Good Night.

11. Pamda Man profile image58

I'm very very hungry. I need some chocolate. But there ain't any food in the house.

12. Pamda Man profile image58

Good night all.

13. spidergirl364 profile image59
    spidergirl364posted 14 years ago

Yeah I absolutely hate it when people argue on religion, or bash other peoples beliefs. -_-

14. Pamda Man profile image58

Really, I don't care what you believe in. Christianity, Voodo, whatever. I don't care. I don't want to know what you believe in. We can live together peacefully given you stop preaching me.

Excellent.

15. oscillationatend profile image59
    oscillationatendposted 14 years ago

Just remember...as much as we try, we can't cure stupid.

Stupids live with us and part of us.I think stupidity is curable.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)