Who Tired To Shoot Trump?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Who tired to shot Trump is the #1 trending question on Google.

That means that the general public has not been informed by mainstream media.  Don't you think an attempted assassination of Trump would be BREAKING NEWS and a TOP STORY?

It was 20 year old, Micheal Steven Sandford, a British citizen who over-stayed his visa and was in the USA illegally. He was at the Trump rally in Las Vegas, and allegedly tired to pull the gun from a police officer's holster to shot Trump, on Saturday.

Sandford, said he had driven from California to Las Vegas to shoot Trump and that he had been planning to murder him for a year, according to a Nevada criminal report. 

The story about Cory Lewandowski has gotten far more coverage.  Even when Trump called into the FOX & Friends morning show he was not asked about the attempt on his life. 

The media would be a blaze if Clinton, Obama or any other Democratic leader had an attempt on their life.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I saw the story on CNN, MSNBC, the local news, in my local newspaper, on several blogs, and multiple times in my Facebook news feed. And I don't even like the guy.

I guess that's not enough sesnsation for Trump worshipers, though?

1. NBYomi profile image77
        NBYomiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, this isn't "Trump worshipping," but a plea for good sense... It's akin to what happens when a white person gets killed by a cop, or is murdered by a crook.  The media will cover it, but not to the extent say a woman or a person of a racial minority were to get killed.

It feels manipulative, as if to try and keep the U.S. feeling like the 50s or 60s. Because the sad fact of the matter is, the political sphere of the U.S. ain't ready to embrace the world's changes genuinely and they never will be. I mean, I personally think Trump is an idiot when it comes to politics, and I haven't enjoyed his rhetoric, but love him or hate him, someone tried to KILL one of the presidential nominees. And just to make it worst, it was an immigrant from the U.K.

And yet hardly anyone bats an eye. Probably cuz the dude was white. But I can bet you that it been a black guy, hispnic or muslim, the media would have a field day. The republicans would be alling for their heads, while the liberals would be trying to justify it... somewhat...

But hey, I'm just a cynical black dude... :p

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You might be right. I guess I'm confused about what is considered extensive media coverage. It was everywhere that I could see. The guy didn't get a shot off and didn't even bring his own gun, so it seemed like an unplanned, spur-of-the-moment act of an unstable angry person. That's not as "sensational" as a planned assassination attempt, or an actual shot fired. I'm sure that would get even more coverage.

2. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think you are wise to be cynical of the media narratives, you can see for yourself, this is good...and comendable.  Thank you.

The flippent 'worship' remark by pp, inspired me to turn that around and take the opportunity to worship God in Spirit and in truth, yesterday. It is humbling to be in the enduring presence of my beloved. 

I'm not into the worship of man or idols, and would never seriously recommend such practices.  God is holy and deserves to be worshiped.

2. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Neither did the McVey attempt on Obama.  I'm also curious as to why Trump, himself, hasn't given it attention.  He certainly didn't waste any time in disparaging Trump protesters, and 20-year old British Citizen, Sandford, who allegedly tried to pull a gun from a police holster, definitely crossed that line.

Hi Genna,  Back in 2014 -  "McVay pleaded guilty, but mentally ill, to murder in the 2011 stabbing of 75-year-old Maybelle Schein. McVay said he killed Schein and stole her car as part of his plan to drive to Washington and kill the president. He was later arrested in Madison, Wisconsin."  -  TheBlaze.com

McVay didn't attempt an assassination on Obama, but said he was planning to do that.  I suppose that's why it never got much attention.  There is a list of Assassination threats against Barack Obama. An attempt is different than a threat or a plan of action. 

The media likes to cover stories that are going to get views = $$$

The media isn't showing the real story on the Trump protesters.  You would need to got to alternative news sites to watch their video footage to see what its really been like. 

It must be terrorizing to have someone try to pull a gun on you, Trump gets a lot of death threats.  There are plenty of mentally ill people out their.  Stay safe!

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

If this guy tried for Hillary -----It would be blamed on Trump and be  all over the media !

Instead the media response ------Crickets !

That seems to be the song and dance narrative these days.  I have close relationships with some liberals who believe what they hear on mainstream media to a large part.  You can imagine what that is like. Its best to avoid certain topics, because its like talking to people who are hypnotised.

3. profile image0

Media Pollution .101

Trump could die tomorrow  from an assassination and this media  would  treat it more like  a misdemeanor than they would  if  Hillary   or obviously Obama were the victim , all  because of ideological media pollution  ,    There are two separate  forces at work in todays American media , One- a  mass information  frenzy - the other ideological  indoctrination of the left .

Problem is -the public buys it all !

4. Matt Easterbrook5 profile image61
    Matt Easterbrook5posted 7 years ago

Pretty crazy stuff going on these days. The media has a lot of power in reporting the news.

Hi Matt.  -  It is crazy what is going on. I love people who keep track of the minutes used to report on Trump Controversies while they ignoring Hillary’s Scandals. News Busters is good at that. 
      http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-no … s-scandals

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13072918.jpg

5. norlawrence profile image70
    norlawrenceposted 7 years ago

The media tells us what they want us to know and nothing more.

The media is controlled by some of the same corporations that have donated large amounts of money to Hillary's campaign, some of the same corporations that own the politicians in DC.  Many people have researched it and the facts are out there for anyone to see.

6. profile image0

This all speaks very sadly for the American media - And it speaks worse for the American public.    YOU are controlled by your media , Americans apparently are no longer capable of independent thought .  We are no longer capable of independent political thought .Your minds are made up for you and you accept it unerringly . Good little sheep !

More and more people are waking up and finding alternative news sites, which might become the mainstream, because MSM seems to be determined to shoot themselves in the foot.  Its too early to look at polls that can be rigged and I have no doubt many are. I don't think its too late in the election year yet, because suddenlies happen fast. 

Its an information war!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)