Recipe HUBS

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image45
    Ashish Dadgaaposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13229435_f520.jpg
    I was thinking to share more of Recipe hubs but I was wondering, whether is it worth or not?
    Recipe hubs are successful or not?
    How response it is getting after it's maturity period?
    Is it worth investing time in it?
    Is it getting good traffic after months?

1. profile image0
      Surabhi Kauraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ashish,

It’s not about whether they are successful or not, Dear. You have the autonomy to write on anything that interests to you. What could be better if serves any benefit to the people? That would be a cherry on top - ha ha. Invest on anything that you love and it will be loved. Traffic depends on networking. Read good articles, follow the ones you find useful, comment on their hubs and they will do the same. Have a great week ahead!

Ashish Dadgaaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello Surabhi,

Agree with you. There's nothing wrong in giving a try. We people believe in investing. Isn't it? Haha, Such an entrepreneur mind :p
        Quality is a King so nothing to worry about traffic. If we have good content then good traffic would come anyhow. isn't it?
        smile

2. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 7 years ago

I only have a couple recipe hubs and they have the most traffic with views into the thousands. So, there you go. Writing and sharing recipes is not where my heart is though. If you do recipe hubs be sure to use your own photos taken while actually making the recipe. Those are best. Just popping in someone else's recipe with photos from the net will not cut it.  I don't write to make money, but if that is your goal then recipe hubs do quite well as people are always looking for a great recipe.  The best ones are those that don't take a lot of time without a ton of ingredients but are flavorful and yummy.

1. SmartAndFun profile image95
      SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have published quite a few recipe hubs over the years; some remain published and get a bit of traffic, others have been unfeatured due to lack of traffic. I think it just depends upon how many people are searching online for a recipe for that particular dish, and how many recipes for that same dish are already on the web. I rely on Google and other search engines for my traffic; I do not network or use social media. Reading and commenting on other Hubbers' recipes is only going to get you a couple of views; I wouldn't count on it for much more than that, although it is a nice thing to do. You might have better luck with social media.

I completely agree with FaithReaper as far as creating recipe hubs. Like she already stated, go into your kitchen, make the recipe yourself and take your own photos of the process. Additionally, I suggest that when writing the recipe, add in your own experiences regarding things that work or don't work, mistakes you have made that your readers would want to avoid, tips for finding off-beat ingredients, etc. Adding in this extra information is very helpful to the reader, and it also gives your recipe more credibility. Readers will feel more comfortable making your recipe. It also adds words to your article, which not only helps your word count but also likely adds in important keywords.

Best wishes!

1. manatita44 profile image72
        manatita44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Faith is a popular writer. So go back to what  Surabhi said about networking. Hub Pages work best as a community of writers.

Recipes are not the easiest things to write about, but they can be very popular if done well. I believe that Rajan Jolly. has done a lot. Seek his help.
        Now, is this your strength? What is your purpose here? Very important questions.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

HubPages works very well as a community of writers, for those who want to enjoy a community of writers.  If your goal is to make money, then you need to focus on getting readers OUTSIDE that community, not inside it.

The active community on HubPages is actually very small.  It's very easy to get caught up in it, chatting with other Hubbers on the forums, reading and commenting on each other's Hubs, etc. BUT that's the equivalent of hanging by the water cooler instead of getting on with your work - it's not going to help you earn money and may even hinder it, because uf you're not careful, it can consume hours you could've spent more productively.

@Marisa Wright,

First of all, thank you so much for your comment.
            I know you comment on very few and selected stuff. And your advice or tips are always straightforward and frank. (Which is the best)
            I really like your comment as you said we can easily get distracted by chit chatting on Forums or reading and commenting, rather than actually writing useful content on HubPages.
            You this advice is very helpful to new Hubber like me.

Thank you so much, Marisa smile

Bless you smile

2. Ashish Dadgaa profile image45

@manatita,

Thank you so much, Acharya, for commenting on such off track topic smile
          I am so glad poet like you giving me so nice and valuable comments here.
          I would certainly  Surabhi, Faith, and SmartAndFun's advice as they are much more experienced than me smile

Much Love Acharya,

Blessings smile

@ SmartAndFun,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.
        I just wanted to know is it worth writing, as I thought there would be very few people who would be interested in reading such recipe hubs but as you and Faith said there are many who is looking good and real recipe.
        I would follow your words and consider your frank advice.

Bless you smile

Dear Faith,

Thank you so much for your inspiring feedback. I would love to go for recipe hubs then. I would love to follow your advice. smile
      Money doesn't matter for me but whatever I know I want to share with other people. I want to help our community.

Thanks once again smile

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

You've received very good advice from everyone above. The only thing I can add is this:

If you do decide to publish recipes, make sure you select the recipe template in the hubtool. Then try to use all the capsules, inlcuding the nutritional facts capsule (which I see many Hubbers leave out).

There are special capsules designed just for recipe hubs and when you use them, HubPages actually places meta data in the hub that only search engines use. This increases your chances of getting organic traffic.

Capsules include:  cook time, nutritional facts, ingredients, and cooking instructions.

I create an excel spreadsheet to make it easy to add up all the nutritional information of all the ingredients I use. Then I just plug the data into the Nutritional Facts capsule.

The usage of the instructions capsule, rather than just putting your instructions in a text capsule, will improve the likelihood of getting your hub listed in a Google Featured Snippet.

As you can see, HP gives you the tools for success, so use them.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's a good tip about using the recipe template.  I didn't realize it helps the hub receive organic traffic because of the meta data placed in the hub by HubPages.  You're always in the know about such things, Glenn. 

I have not used the Nutritional Facts capsule for fear I may give inaccurate amounts. Haha.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Faith, Don't be afraid to use the Nutritional Facts capsule. You can avoid using inaccurate amounts by doing what I suggested. Do you have a spreadsheet program on your computer, such as Excel? 

If not, you can do it by hand. Just add up all the values from each item in your receipt. Then divide by the number of servings. Then you'll have the correct value for each entry.

Most ingredients have the information on their label. Just make sure you pay attention to the serving size so you keep everything adding up correctly. If all else fails, you can find the info with a Google search for "Nutritional Facts" and the name of the item.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
          Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I tried it by hand before, but guess I didn't trust myself about the serving size.  I'm sure I had the correct numbers, but when I looked at the totals, they just didn't seem right.  That's a good idea about checking on Google.  Maybe I can try and go back on three recipe hubs I already have and add the Nutritional Facts and see what I come up with.  Thank you for always being so helpful to all, Glenn.

@Glenn Stok,

Thank you so much for sharing your thought with me. I am so glad to receive an advice from a successful writer like you.
      I will certainly consider your suggestion.

Thank you so much smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)