Obama wastes taxpayers dollars on vacations? how much has Trump wasted

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image77
    Credence2posted 7 years ago

This is why I see conservatives and rightwingers as hypocrites and bullshyte artists....

The big Orange clown is going into trouble on conflicts of interest between the job and his private empire and I will probably see him fall on that basis. It was suggested that he use the retreat at CAmp. David to save money, instead of jetting to Florida. Where are all the phony right wing budget hawks that endlessly beat Obama over the head now that it comes to Trump's excesses? He has only been in less than month, what further outrages are yet to come?

Yes, the progressives are going to bring him down, if he continue to stay the course in just this one aspect. I stand shoulder to shoulder with the left in this purpose. So, rightwinger, you had better tell your man to 'watch his caboose'.

Background article, unlike you rightwingers want to call this 'fake news', as well?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar … el/515874/

1. Live to Learn profile image59
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And, this is old news.

Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

And this particular topic among several others is WHY. Can you explain the double standard that seems to be used on evaluating personal expenditures for the President between Obama then and Trump now?

I see the changes that he has initiated and where they are leading. He is getting his chance and showing his true colors and intent.

No, I don't like him and I never have, but his behavior continues to support my current impression rather than give me cause to reconsider.

1. Live to Learn profile image59
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Have to agree.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Credence , What shallow insight ,  First thing Trump did was determine to "drive ' a used  air force one ,
      He's a businessman , which the left doesn't EVEN understand  , that means when costs are less -- that's a better thing for all .  I'll be willing to bet that vacation isn't even in his vocab '  ,   What's IS  in his vocabulary IS cutting costs ,   smaller government and  ultimately the  cheaper  costs of the government doing business   and the greater return on the dollar spent .

And That - is just what burns you on the   left so much !
      You may have to suffer the receiving of less" freebies"  from government

1. profile image52
        Loridaeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You do understand that Trump has always been for big businesses, he was born rich and arrogant and full of ego and has just gotten worse.  His ego has made him a laughing stock for 40+ years,  He has never known a poor and downtrodden day in his life, never had to figure out how to pay the electric bill AND buy groceries for his family on $150, and contrary to the lies he spews he WAS NOT a great businessman, he has a long list of lost contracts, bankruptcies, defaults, deceptions and indifference to investors, but mostly he lost other people's money, he thinks that makes him "great".  No, it doesn't. But bankruptcies, and all the problems and failed businesses does not a great business man make.  One of the first things Trump did was announce his plan to destroy the Frank-Dodd Act because, and I'm quoting Father-Dictator, "We expect to be cutting a lot out of Frank-Dodd (later changed to dismantle) because frankly I have so many people, FRIENDS OF MINE, that have nice businesses and they can't borrow money."  This he told to a round table of business owners and bank CEOs, these are his "friends".  He promised to disable Frank-Dodd and cut back taxes on big businesses.  Frank-Dodd was put into effect for many reasons but the main one was keeping banks from doing stupid risky shit and then having to be bailed out with billions of tax payers dollars, which screwed us in 2008 and led to a deep recession.  But of course he tells his blind followers that it's for their good and will create jobs....(what he doesn't say is the rich will just get richer and do as they have always done).  So I'm amazed that with all this, when is easy to research and backup (Google), that his followers can even for one second think he would ever give a good god damn about us little people, blue collar workers, basic John Q. Public.  Throughout the years he has shown nothing but disdain and disgust for anybody not as rich as him, not of his class. What makes you think that's all changed?

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Gee  , You almost had me thinking until you said to fact check with "Google ".
          There's your first problem and your last = Fake news .

2. Credence2 profile image77

Businessman? So what? Why should he be allowed greater personal expenses over Obama? Did you bother to read the article or do you share the obtuse thought patterns of so of many of your buddies on the right?

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When you can quote the law, or even rules, limiting where a president can go, or what can be spent for travel...THEN complain.  Until then there isn't much reason to speak as there is nothing to say.  Except, of course, for the eternal liberal whining about anything Trump does.

Are you taking that 'angle' as well, Wilderness? What I am saying is that your right wing buddies were constantly complaining about Obama's largesse regarding personal expenses, I am just saying that I going to hold the Trump Administration under the same yardstick.  You got a problem with that?

No you're not.  For none of my "buddies" ever complained about a Presidential trip.  You're just looking hard for some more dirt on Trump, that's all.

I repeat: when you can produce the "yardstick", the rules or laws, then you can complain.  Until then it's just more whining and I do believe we've had enough of that.

No you're not.  For none of my "buddies" ever complained about a Presidential trip.  You're just looking hard for some more dirt on Trump, that's all.

Well, I have been hearing that somewhere, so your ears must not be working. Trump has been purveying in dirt so there is nothing to look for. Trump was fail on his own accord, I won't have to say a word, but I will regardless

Cred, you will "hear" whatever you want to; you've made that abundantly clear over the months.  Check for your own buddies, making up alternative facts to help their cause.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)