I'd like feedback on my Hub: Single, twin, quattro, quad, unicable and monoblack

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image58
    Mostafa Elkadyposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Single, twin, quattro, quad, unicable and monoblack LNB ...... what's the difference? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

I am totally unqualified to comment on the technical aspects of your article, but I am able to offer advice on English usage. There are numerous grammar and punctuation problems that might be identified by running your copy through a free program such as Grammarly or Hemingway.

Your headline is much too long. Think about what someone would type into a search field if they are looking for the information you are offering. It's extremely unlikely to be "Single, twin, quattro, quad, unicable and monoblack LNB ...... what's the difference?" Short headlines work best.

Also, do you have permission to use the images? This link will help https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

3. profile image58

Yes the images are from  Creative Commons Attribution wikimedia and they wrote 

You are free:

to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
            to remix – to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

attribution – You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
            share alike – If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but you did not attribute them in any manner at all. You need to follow the instructions on the site where you got the photos on how to attribute them.

1. profile image58
        Mostafa Elkadyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

ok i will do that
        do u think there ate another errors?

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Have you changed the title and fixed the errors we already told you about? Do those first and then we'll take another look.

1. profile image58

i will do that today and when its done i will tell u

4. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

I was completely lost right at the beginning. The introduction needs working on. Your readers need to know what the hub is about right from the start, i.e. satellite systems and how they work. Don't use acronyms right off the bat. Write it out in full in the first instance, then use abbreviations.

I agree with Rupert, the title doesn't work. Try this: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … ndly-Title

Hope that helps.

5. profile image58

ok i will do that .
    What about the grammer? any errors?

Yes, lots. Rupert already mentioned it so I didn't bother. I'm afraid we are not able to correct your grammar, error-by-error. You can try reading the text out loud, getting someone to proofread it for you (often we can't see our own mistakes), or run it through Grammarly - although that won't correct everything.

6. profile image58

oh ,  i feel down i made alot of effort to make this hub these programs are useless. ihope u can mention some of these errors so i can try to fix it.

1. firstcookbooklady profile image84
      firstcookbookladyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

oh, we feel down too we made a lot of effort to help you your writing is useless too hope you can make some changes and fix the errors or just delete the whole mess and start over good luck to u in

Did you, firstcookbooklady? I didn't see a helpful contribution from you. Do you think your comment adds anything useful to the discussion?

Maybe you could actually take a look at the hub and make a suggestion?

I was merely imitating the way he/she was talking to us. I still think there are far too many grammatical errors and spelling errors and words out of context to make the entire article fly. I think that, since he/she copied someone else's work, even if it claimed that it was okay to copy, I think that original work is much better than patchwork quilt pages.

When did he copy someone's work?

Is it okay to mock someone whose first language isn't English by 'merely imitating' them?

This isn't the first time I've seen a snarky comment by you to a newbie. He's trying his best and you shoot him down? I agree that some of them (copy & pasters/self promoters) deserve a good snark, but Mostafa doesn't. Otherwise we wouldn't be trying to help him.

So, instead of being so mean, why don't you try to help instead? Otherwise, if you can't say anything nice... maybe you should avoid the feedback threads.

well, if you copy and paste his first few paraagraphs into Google, the following page, from Afrisat Technologies comes up.

1. profile image58

i know all these information , its my job
                i just take some paragraphs to avoid grammar mistakes but i deleted them and made the article simpler

Never, ever take someone else's text, Mostafa. It's plagiarism, which is a polite term for theft. That alone will prevent your hub being approved and could mean a ban from HubPages. It is completely unacceptable.

If you do it again, none of us will help you. It must be in your own words, not a rewriting of someone else's hard work.

Do you understand?

1. profile image58

done
                    i will delete it even all the article is my idea and i wrote like 95% of it but its ok  i have many skills and ideas but the problem is how to descripe it in a good way but i wont get down i will do my best to be a good writer in hubpages

7. profile image58

ok done

Took another look.

Title is better, but you need to use title case, like this: The LNB : How Does It Work?

Remove all instances of text-speak 'u' is not an acceptable substitution for 'you'.

Still many grammatical errors, "Its function is to pick up the weak signals coming from the satellite and amplifies it to finally become a watching channel."

"Its function is to amplify the signals received from the satellite so we can watch and hear the broadcast channel." or something like that.

"And the question is where the LNB gets power?"

"Where does the LNB get its power?"

The problem is that there is an error in almost every sentence.

Delete Firstly, Secondly, Thirdly, etc. Instead use 1. 2. 3.

Make sure subtitles are in title case, as shown above.

This is horrible:

"It has four outputs. Hey, did you say that there are four outputs?

Yes, four outputs . So what's the difference between it and the quad LNB? OK"

"It has four outputs. However, the difference between the Quattro and the Quad LNB is this:"

Also be consistent with using numbers. The correct way is to write all numbers nine and under in full. Numbers 10 and over are written as numerals. As I just did.

Make sure you put a full stop/period at the end of every sentence.

That's me done. Don't forget to use Grammarly and Hemingway apps. Just paste your text in to get suggestions.

Let us know if you get it approved smile

1. profile image58

ok done.
        can u have another look  now?

No. No more now smile  As I said, there are grammatical errors in almost every sentence. You have to get them fixed.

1. profile image58

ok i am working on it thx so much for ur help

8. profile image58

they tell me that it need revision
    whats wrong with it now
    i think i did all the advices

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I see that you did attribute your photos, that's good. You didn't change Firstly, Secondly, etc. like theraggededge recommended.

I assume that English is not your first language. That must make it very hard for you.

This is your answer to the question : "what is the LNB?"

"The LNB is important component of a satellite television system.

LNB is an abbreviation for Low Noise Block,it sits on the end of an arm face the parabolic reflector (dish).

The LNB is a combination of low-noise amplifier,frequency mixer,local oscillator and Intermediate Frequency IF."

This is gobbledygook to me. I have no clue what you are trying to say. If I don't know what an LBN is, this is not going to tell me.

I'm sorry, I know you are trying hard, but most people just won't read past that. Maybe you have been too ambitious with your first article. Perhaps you should tackle a simpler subject.

1. profile image58

Thx so much for ur openions
        i have many skills but i will try to make it simple as much as i can

Mostafa, are you trying to edit the hub on your phone?

1. profile image58

no
            i edited it from computer

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)