I'd like feedback on my Hub: Best Gaming Mouse available right now

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. TheGlobeTrotter profile image69
    TheGlobeTrotterposted 6 years ago
      TheGlobeTrotterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Best Gaming Mouse available right now. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

"Page does not exist."

Hublages hasnt published it, citing spammy elements,how can i paste the link here

3. jrk1121 profile image52
    jrk1121posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13584535_f1024.jpg

Freddy is right its a 404.

the funny part is looking at the Squidoo post, I forgot that site even existed.

4. jrk1121 profile image52
    jrk1121posted 6 years ago

I don't remember exactly where it was located, but there is a link somewhere, when editing the article I think, to get the hub reviewed.

Cool, let me check to find it out.

2. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

First I've heard about that. Hubs are reviewed by the Quality Assessment Process just after publication.

Oh, you mean the email that suggests you post it here? Yes, you should have one of those.

If you have been told it contains spammy elements, then you have unapproved links in the article.

i have put 2 amazon capsules, should i remove them?
        If i remove them i am removing a potential to earn money, so what should i do guys?

Guys, i got the link, please check and hep

1. theraggededge profile image97
            theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Okay, yes, just have one Amazon capsule for 'the best' mouse. You might be able to add in one or even two text links, but wait for it to be approved first.

Remove and replace any instance of textspeak. U has no place in an article. Also replace i with I.

Replace all instances of 'mice' with 'mouse' where you've used it in error, "CUE software(Corsair Utility Engine) which enables the mice to change its RGB color settings." Singular 'mouse'. You've mixed them up several times.

There is *always* a space after a comma or period/full stop. There are spacing issues right the way through.

A mouse cannot be a 'haven'. A haven is a place not an object.

Your intro is generic and a bit boring. It's your chance to grab your reader's attention. Make it work for you. You haven't 'tried' to come up with the best, you *have* reviewed and tested each one to find the best. Because that's what reviewers do. Don't they? People are here to read your personal experience of each and every mouse you are reviewing, and HubPages will want that to be clear.

"Having trouble choosing the right gaming mouse? Look no farther because I have put together a top ten of the best, the ultimate, the bees knees of gaming mice."

Or something like that. No one cares about how the market has grown. You reader is there to find the mouse that suits their purpose. Every sentence must connect to the topic.

Right hands not hand's. No apostrophes for plurals.

Watch out for long, convoluted sentences with too many adjectives:

"The tracking, timing and sensing capabilities of the mouse is precise and immaculate and the mice can seemingly integrate int various games due to the advanced customization functions available which, if properly used makes a huge difference in games where an iota of carelessness will deliver instant karma."

Should be:

"The tracking, timing and sensing capabilities of the mouse are precise. It can integrate seamlessly into various games due to its advanced customization functions. This makes a vast difference when momentary carelessness delivers instant karma."

Can you see the difference? Shorter sentences means sharper writing.

Hope that helps a little. I can't go through the whole hub, but there are a lot more errors to fix.

A huge thanks theraggededge, i will proof read the entire article again and make it more coherent. i will include my personal instances of testing mice and will make my sentences brief.
              I am a beginner and appreciate all the help i could receive, thanks again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)