How Do I Earn A Lot More Money On The Ad Program?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years ago

Hello, Fellow Hubbers, Moderators and Administrators. My name is Erick Hernandez. I have a question. I made $0.10 as of this writing. How do I earn more money on the Ad Program? How do I get more clicks in the ad program?

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Write high quality articles that people are searching for smile Make sure your titles are search-friendly. Make sure your articles answer questions that people are asking. If you do this consistently, you will soon attract traffic.

You don't need clicks on the ad program. You just need traffic.

2. Marketing Merit profile image93
      Marketing Meritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As the other Hubbers have indicated, it takes time for traffic to grow organically. You can help this along using social media, but this normally only helps when you concentrate on a specific niche.

I note that you say in your profile that you enjoy playing Minecraft and World of Warcraft. Gaming can be a profitable niche. So, if you were to write an article on, 'How do you get to level X on Minecraft' may prove popular.

Similarly, 'How to...' and lists, such as, '5 Signs that you are...' tend to be popular.

Best of luck!

3. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Write a whole bunch of very good hubs that people are searching for, wait ten years, hope for the best.

1. galleryofgrace profile image72
        galleryofgraceposted 6 years agoin reply to this

amen

2. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I would focus on getting your pages accepted by the niche sites. That is where the traffic is, and traffic equals income.

This page might help: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub

A glance at your pages suggests a few problems:

Photos are better full width
    Big blocks of text need breaking up
    Your titles are rather long
    Some pics are not properly credited and probably not legally used
    Too many youtube vids

3. Barbara Kay profile image75
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

You only have 18 hubs. You need more than that to earn money. As you write new ones about things you are interested in , you'll learn which subjects do well. Then write more about that subject.

4. paperfacets profile image86
    paperfacetsposted 6 years ago

Hi Ivan,

I have heard a statement on TV and elsewhere. It goes "Wait for it". The only thing on media is you usually get the satisfaction two seconds later.

Unfortunately, getting traffic is a very long process. You are new and will learn a little bit everyday. You have a few different interests in your portfolio, which one is generating the most views? Try more articles with different keywords for that subject. Also, an article will take three months or more to get popular on Google.     

All the suggestions given here are good ones.

Try using https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer for help with Titles.

I have been writing articles for several years and it is surprising how even a single sentence in an article can go through many changes during those years. My point is do not get discouraged. Figure out what is preferred in HubPages and present your writing accordingly.

If you like problem solving, writing on the Internet is fun, but it is very slow going for earning money. That is my experience.

5. Kain 360 profile image91
    Kain 360posted 6 years ago

You want to to earn? First and foremost, you must write articles that people are actively searching for in search engines. You could have the best writing in the world, but if no one reads your articles, then you will make nothing. Make sure to write high quality content; decent grammar, correct spelling & punctuation, and organized paragraphs. Although Google does not really check facts; try and ensure you have good substance. And of course; focus on using keywords that are relevant, but don't overuse them.

A few views will not make much money. With every 1000 views (CPM), you'll (generally) make $2.00-$5.00 depending on how much advertisers are paying.

I'll give you an example. If you make 5000 views a day with a CPM of $3.00; you'll make $15.00 a day which is $450.00 dollars a month on HP program & whatever you earn in Google adsense.

But in order to do this; you'll probably need to have dozens of hubs or more. Views can vary dramatically, though. One hub might get 10 views a day where another could get 1000.

1. profile image0
      Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't get 1,000 views a day. I usually get 10 a day, plus, it's impossible to get 1,000 views a day.

1. Kain 360 profile image91
        Kain 360posted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's definitely not impossible to get 1000 views daily. There have been (and there are) hubbers who get 1000s of views a day. I currently get a little over 1000 daily, but it's nothing compared to when I got 10,000 a day back at the last quarter of 2011 before I suffered major losses.

It takes a lot of work, some luck, consistency, and intelligence to succeed on here, though. Know that you'll likely need dozens and likely over 100 hubs to get decent to high traffic. That's just the reality. However, it is possible for a hub to go semi-viral, but I would not count on that, as that is a best case scenario.

2. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No it isn't. That's an easy target. Write enough focused articles and you'll do it.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Several of my articles only get 10 views a day.  Some get less.  However, right now I have one million three hundred and sixty five thousand views!  But this is after writing here for more than five years, doing lots of hard work, learning a lot and persevering even when times got tough.  It's not easy, but it can be done.  Don't worry about how many views you're getting right now.  Just keep building your portfolio and updating articles that don't do well.  I'd say the norm is between 50 and 100 hubs before you start earning...and then only if you create well written articles about topics people want to read about.

1. profile image0

I've been here 11 months, and recently joined the earnings program, like the ad program, after finding the W-9 tax form. I was afraid to do it beforehand because everybody told me that identity thieves could steal my information.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is the most secure and honest website you could ever hope to be a part of. They've been paying me on the 28th day of every month for years, like clockwork.

Also, a thousand page views a day takes some work, but once you figure out what you're good at writing about, it isn't so hard to achieve.

6. Mamerto profile image92
    Mamertoposted 6 years ago

This thread could be helpful for a newbie like me. I do hubs here for web exposure, as plan to write a book later this year.

7. profile image0
    lindaspeaksposted 6 years ago

I agree with you I am also uncomfortable putting my personal information online.

1. profile image0

not to be judgmental, but you have a hubberscore of 1. that's like bottom-of-the-foodchain low. how? i know that your articles are good, and that you don't write good english.

8. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Just repeat myself. You will never get traffic unless your pages are moved to a niche site. If you use the 'submit to a niche site' button, you will get some feedback, even if you fail.

1. profile image0

Where's the "Submit to a niche site button"?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

At the top of each published hub that you have written.  You can submit one hub for consideration every 14 days, but new writers have all hubs evaluated after they write them, so wait until you get notices about your articles then make corrections prior to submitting.

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have only had one article not accepted but received no notification from HP concerning its faults.

2. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have only had one article not accepted but received no notification from HP concerning its faults. I reckon Ivan should pick his best article, spruce it up and submit at the first opportunity.

9. Janellegems profile image60
    Janellegemsposted 6 years ago

It does take a lot of hard work.  I have been getting around 550-850 views daily now. This is from over 100 hubs for the past 4 years.   I am striving to make over 1000 views.  Some of my hubs get over 100 views daily and some get 7 views.  Since I have a number of Christmas hubs, I usually get 2000 or more views during that time.   Don't despair.  It is possible to get a great number of views and start earning money.  Just aim to write between 50-100 hubs that will interest other people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)