How do I write perfect articles?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years ago

I want to write a perfect article. How do I do it? It is impossible. If you've read my articles, I have written some half-decent to decent articles. How do I do it? How do I write an article that'll bring in close to 1000 views per week?

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
      Jesse Drzalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You have already been told by over a dozen different people on multiple threads over the course of weeks..go back and study those threads because it has all been covered there. There is just nothing more for us to give you.

1. profile image0
        Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a good student of threads. DON'T YOU GET IT!! I'm a failure.

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So even if a kind hubber goes through it all and tells you again.... you won't take any notice? So we are wasting our time?

You have to stop this, Ivan. Take a break from HubPages for a week and then see if it's still somewhere you want to hang out.

1. profile image0

No!!! YOU ARE NOT WASTING YOUR TIME!! DON'T SAY THAT!!!!

2. profile image0

BTW, That's not very helpful advice. On my next survey, I'll make a note of everything that has ever happened.

1. greenmind profile image94
          greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Perfect is the enemy of the good, Ivan.

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Visit the learning centre http://hubpages.com/faq/ and stop worrying about whether you are a success or failure here.  It is irrelevant and simply does not matter.  Concern yourself with traffic from Google and not writers on HubPages, these should not be the focus of your attention.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If we knew that, we'd all be doing it.

2. profile image0
    pen promulgatesposted 6 years ago

Ivan, you have been doing great. Your articles are also getting moved to vertical sites. I guess you undermine your capabilities and talent. Do not overthink, everything will be okay!

3. Mamerto profile image91
    Mamertoposted 6 years ago

Actually there is no perfect article, yet consider your article to be perfect if you really love what you are doing. Frankly one month is nearing to pass and I'm yet to hit 1000 views. But who cares! My mind is as free as f**k when I write, and together with Church Sunday Mass, Martial arts, toy and knife collection, writing is my life.

1. profile image0

thanks, mamerto. that makes me feel better about myself.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

It seems like you need to find social support in your life.  Please speak to people around you about this.  A website is not a place where you will find unconditional positive support.

If you have questions about writing hubs we will help.  But you real life issues need to be expressed to real people, in person or perhaps from a help line.  Trying to deal with them here is just getting in the way of doing what you really need to do.

1. profile image0

i do have social support, but most of it is on social media. i dont get help from outside sources, because of the fear of being judged.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would gently suggest that you need to work on that.  Online support is somewhat uncertain and can only take you so far.  You might want to try a help line, or a local group relating to one of your hobbies, to help build some in person support.  It can be difficult but it will be worth it if you persist.

5. Coffeequeeen profile image82
    Coffeequeeenposted 6 years ago

Well as Sherry said, if we knew the answer to that we'd all be doing it.  I've read some of your hubs and they are very good.

1. profile image0

im back. after 10 days resting and 7 days inside a hospital, i came to realize that my articles are awesome, but my autism article has dropped to zero views per day. hopefully, it goes the way of blogging mommas articles and not be a complete waste of everyones time. now, im limiting myself to 3 forum posts per day.

Welcome back, Ivan smile

1. profile image0

i missed you guys so much. unfortunately, i dont have a computer, but that doesnt mean that i cant communicate with you. speaking of which, wheres poppyr? i need to go apologize to her.

6. Mamerto profile image91
    Mamertoposted 6 years ago

That's okay, I also get 0 views. Welcome back pal!

1. profile image0

wheres poppyr? I need to apologize to her.

Go to her profile or one of her hubs and click on 'Contact author'.

1. profile image0

i cant. i dont have a computer.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Don't we all!

8. profile image0

Hey Ivan, welcome back.
    You must read the new blog post of HP. Writing through mobile has been simplified.

I think Ivan's using a Playstation.

1. profile image0

yes, bev. yes i am.

2. profile image0

my real name is Erick, but i had to choose a different name because my first name was already taken, so i'm stuck with my dad's name.

3. profile image0

um, bev. none of my articles are getting views. i need to write a new one, but with no computer and with blogging momma's articles getting more famous, i might as well just call it quits. however, you wont see me complain anytime soon because you and everybody else are right. i havent listened to your advice, and thats what got me banned in the first place. im sorry for the damages that i caused. i hope everyone can forgive me for my sins.

Erick, it goes like that when you just have a few articles. The more you write, the better chances you have of getting traffic. I had none for a year or so. When you get access to a computer you can pick up where you left off. Your hubs aren't going anywhere - they'll wait for you smile

Please don't keep comparing yourself to other hubbers. You are not competing with them. You really have to understand this - it's important. It's not one hub against another because they are all different. You will find your own niche soon enough.

Meanwhile, there's nothing preventing you from writing - just use old fashioned paper and pen. You can have a whole stack of articles prepared for when you are ready to publish.

We didn't know you were banned. Lots of us get banned now and then big_smile

There's nothing to forgive. You're fine.

xxx

2. Jesse Drzal profile image91
          Jesse Drzalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You made some nice strides in your writing I thought, breaking up long paragraphs etc, things of that nature. The more you do it, the better you get like anything. You also have to remember that you often need lots of material to start earning, as in if you have for say 60 articles, 15 to 20 may be the ones that take off. It's just how it works for everyone. Everyone starts form zero at Hubpages. It's all about how the house is built Hubpages just supplies the tools.

9. profile image0

I have noticed when Eric is after something, he is dangerously involved in it. He once said it's because of who he is. I guess Eric's mouth-publicity is giving much traffic to blogging momma.. He he. BTW I like the name (blogging momma).

And Eric, you write good hubs. You know, there are so many who struggle to pass the QAP.
    You have successfully passed that stage.
    As Bev said, every Hubber is different.

Your hubs are unique and based on real life experience Ivan, so they are simply fantastic.

Bev, it really relieves to hear you had been patient for a year before traffic started flowing in. It's encouraging smile
    Hope you don't mind.. He he.

1. profile image0

blogging momma is an excellent writer. i think she has the potential to be big on this site. i have exellent writing as well, just not as good as hers. i dont want to complain anymore. i want to help new hubbers AND write new articles, but i have writers block.

10. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Hi Erick - when you are fairly new at something you can't expect to compete with people who have been doing it (whatever it is - writing, sewing, painting, etc) for a long time. You need to compete with yourself. With each new article that you write, attempt to make it better than the last. Review the hubs that you have written and look for areas that need improvement and change them. When you run after a goal, take small steps. Expecting the best from yourself early on will only frustrate you. Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)