Rich People are Smart While Poor People.....AREN'T

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (29 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13148189_f520.jpg
    Disclaimer:  Not discussing rich people who inherited their wealth & made nothing of their lives.  Not addressing poor people who are elderly, physically/emotionally/intellectually/ psychologically challenged &/or disabled, & people who fell on temporary socioeconomic hard times through job loss, job relocation, & other extenuating circumstances.

On average, rich people are smarter than poor people.  They strategized, organized, & work smart to achieve their goals.  They also are very proactive regarding their lives.  They know how to think ahead & avoid behaviors which would have negative ramifications on them & their futures.  Rich people are logical.

Poor people aren't smart at all.  They act impulsively for the most part.  They couldn't care about their futures but on present pleasures & actions.  They don't want to learn nor better themselves.  They view achievement as an abnormality.   They are content to be where they are in life.  They don't want any better & oftentimes discourage others in their environment from doing better.

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Grace, you are a part of the very worrying part of society'sechelon that is causung unneccessary restraints and barricades. You are fixed. And I dont know, but I think you have had a very good run in life. NO ONE gets anywhere in life without others. No one can do it alone.
      You ask the same insulting and derisive questions over, over and over again. It just makes me wonder if in a back handed way you want your position in life reaffirmed. If you are so wealthy and contented? Please stop asking questions you have a prefixed answer to that you want echoed back and confirmed by the replies/comments.
      I know I havent answered your question.
      And except for this diversion today, if I find myself becoming riled by the nature of your question, I will as I have continued to do, is to by pass your question.
      You are smart and knowledgeable together with having mastered the public servant's formal wordspeak. Once upon a time I spoke that language. No more, unless I have to. Happy International Friendship day Grace.

gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was born middle class but my parents were born impoverished & became middle class by their HARD work.  They inculcated me if I wanted something, I had to work for it.   My late father told me that nothing came easy & don't expect something for nothing.   My mother worked her way through high school & nursing school. 

I have seen poor people in my extended family & from observation.   They have opportunities but REFUSED to take advantage of it, instead using excuses.   They purportedly hate being poor but instead of strategizing to do better, they want others to SUPPORT them financially.  Now, if that isn't lazy or selfish, then what is.  They hate us middle class but they aren't making any concerted effort to improve themselves.  They act impulsively, not planning for nor caring about their future.  The poor(in America) get what THEY DESERVE.   The middle class in America are becoming SICK of poor people- they drain the economy.  They refuse to make any effort to advance themselves, they expect society to owe them a middle class lifestyle & inculcate their children in that premise.  Well, if the poor refuse to advance themselves, stringent measures will be taken against them in one way or another.  The future in America particularly will belong to the affluent, skilled, & educated.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I bet you aren't that popular at family reunions.

I DON'T go to my family reunions.  I have only SELECT family members who I hang out with.  The other....ehhh......  However, they RESPECT me because I tell it as it IS............

We should start a thread on self delusion. What do you think?

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

I agree with threekeys on this and I would also like to point out that many people I know who could be classified as poor aren't really. Not in their eyes. Their priorities aren't geared toward monetary gain. And, I tend to respect them more than many I know who grub after money because they somehow feel that is what defines them. This doesn't make them less smart. It may make them more so.

But they ARE POOR.  Being poor means struggling day after day, without enough for food, clothing, & shelter.  They refuse to believe that they are poor because they have a mindset, mentality, consciousness, & philosophy of poverty & struggle.   They are content w/living on nothing or next to nothing which isn't normal.   You have confirmed my point that poor people are content w/nothing & don't want to better themselves at all.  My late father would call such people lazy, lacking initiative, & irresponsible.  He would also call them.....BUMS.

Conversely, these are the SAME PEOPLE who complain that things are expensive.  They kvetch about rising medical & housing costs because they can't afford them.  They are the ones who go to food banks because they can't afford decent food.  They are the one who want, expect, & even demand freebies from the government which my tax dollars support.  Secretly, OTHERS support them whether more affluent family members, charities, or the government.  It is TIME they work harder to....BETTER themselves.  People are becoming sick of poor people because their TAX DOLLARS go to support programs specified for the poor.    Yes, the average poor person doesn't want to exert any effort to better himself/herself.  They are ......SIMPLY CONTENT w/....VERY LITTLE....or....NOTHING.

It does pain me when I run across people who cannot understand that all people have not bought into this belief that money is the measure of a person. I see them as slaves to a system. Of course, in fairness, I haven't met the same people you have.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

GM , I agree more with Kitty.

From the 1970s the average men are working more hours now. Then a huge increase of women are working much longer hours. The basic cost living gone up ten times. The wealthy have stacked the deck to keep this world synthetic vs green and stamp their competition into slave wages vs cooperation. To cry over those beaucrock billionaire tears, when they have turned middle class into the extinction way of the dinosaurs also. Just cut half of the US war budget, then America could be better again. To be great again would mean birth control.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"From the 1970s the average men are working more hours now."

Not true - not only has the average work week decreased, the number of paid holidays, vacation days and other time off increased.  The average number of hours worked in a year have gone down, not up.

"Then a huge increase of women are working much longer hours."

True...but you fail to mention that vastly more women are working at all, and that far more are working full time jobs as opposed to part time.

"The basic cost living gone up ten times."

Also true...but again you fail to mention that it is only if defined in terms of dollars.  If the hours worked to buy products is used instead it has not only fallen, but the quality of those products has increased at the same time.  To buy a car 50 years ago took no more hours of labor than it does today, but the quality of that car is greatly increased with many more "options", longer life, lower operating costs, etc.  Same for housing (although I will agree that the price of land has risen unless one is careful to compare apples to apples by choosing modern building lots far from metropolitan centers).

3. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

Agree this an unbalancing statement. Finances is only 1/5 of my life equation or evaluation in life. The physical, relationship, spiritual and intellectual is equally as important. Most of us in this world are aware of unbalanced of the greatest evil in the World, the love of money.

When I see a person like Trump who lies for a living. Then tell us the beauty of me is I am rich and smarter than you. Trump claims he is smarter than his Generals and smarter than me in my field of being a five time champion of sand sculptor of 40 years. As he thinks by unionization of sand sculptors will help the unique arts.
    As a lifestyle of co-operations rather than a fighter of competition where there are too many losers and lawsuits.

My conclusion: Trump knows very little about everything except promoting and servicing himself. An unhappy asshole like most billionaire I have met, who over focus on finances.

4. helenstuart profile image60
    helenstuartposted 6 years ago

I snorted and garumphed all the way through gmwilliams little rant. I've known some fairly rich people, my ex father in law was a millionaire, if that counts, and they are some of the most turkey necked dumbasses when it comes to making real decisions in life. They will let their children (grown and young) get by on the least possible and tell them it's for their own good, but that's a lie. My father in law's son, my husband ran one of his businesses for him more carefully than any other person would have and got page the usual wage, but had to put up with harrassing calls in the middle of the night because he used slightly more expensive screws than he should have. (for safety) He looked like he didn't have a thought in his head. His son died six years before him in a house fire. They did not even mention our daughter in the will, and did not include her in the inheritance. We were just on survivors benefits. How intelligent was that white, rich man.

Rich people want to teach their children independence.  That's why they have them work summer jobs.  I know rich children who had summer jobs.  Those who didn't have summer jobs, volunteered.  I also knew some rich kids who worked their way through college.    Rich people believe that their children should earn theirs.  Nothing's wrong w/that.   Trump even had his 2 oldest sons work blue-collar jobs to learn the value of a dollar & work.

On the other hand, I knew poor children who complained about they had to work summer jobs.  They cursed their parents.  They hated their jobs & did as little as possible.  My mother, a supervisory nurse, who also supervised poor children in a summer program indicated that these children were the laziest.  They had to be forced to work & plenty of them got fired.  They were happy being poor.  They didn't want better. 

The average poor person DOESN'T want better.  All they do is complain about being poor & want to live a better life...but not on their dime but by other's efforts.  They want hand outs & for others to support them.  They pass on that philosophy to their children.

5. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 years ago

I understand now, Grace. You are very upset about your relations; and have extrapolated that experience out into the wider domain. I understand the personal can become or be  political. I, too, am guilty of this at this point in time.
    Intellectually, I would encourage you to work it out with your relations and resolve the bias. However, I know family/relative issues can be too close to the heart and too difficult to unwrap.
    I also realize in my intial response, I, too, took a fixed position. I didnt qualify. Yes, it is possible for people to give up and/or accept/tolerate what is. Therefore, to be perceived as "taking advantage"of the system.
    But dont nurses and other public servants live off taxpayers monies? That's where their wage comes from, doesnt it?
    I wish I could solve it all! Well, I cant and I'm still working on my own life.
    I think what we all need to remind ourselves is that being dogmatic only builds fences. It's a fine line to walk to stand firm in our views and back ourselves up, to being closed off to another view or idea.

6. Castlepaloma profile image75

As is well-documented. Meanwhile, the vast majority of workers have not fared well—a trend that stretches back to the late 1970s. Contrary to some political rhetoric of late, this is not due to lack of effort; the broad middle class has increased its productivity, upgraded its educational attainment, and worked more hours.

In other words, workers have been offering more to the economy and the labor market, and what they have received in return—particularly in the form of real hourly wages—has been very disappointing. This trend is particularly evident when considering that the majority of workers—especially those in the bottom 60 percent of the wage distribution—increased their work hours substantially between 1979 and 2007, the last year before the current recession. ranging from an actual decline for the bottom fifth to annual growth of about 0.25 percent for the middle fifth. This growth is far less than the increase in economy-wide productivity over that time.

A complete documentation of the growth of wage and benefit levels and inequality is presented in Chapter 4 of the recently released The State of Working America, 12th Edition (Mishel et al. 2012). This paper supplements that analysis by examining the growth of work hours and real hourly and annual wages by gender and wage level from 1979 to 2007.

Key findings include:

The average worker worked 1,868 hours in 2007, an increase of 181 hours from the 1979 work year of 1,687 hours. This represents an increase of 10.7 percent—the equivalent of every worker working 4.5 additional weeks per year.
    Annual work hours grew more among women (20.3 percent) than among men (4.4 percent) from 1979 to 2007, primarily because women increased their weeks per year in the paid workforce.
    At 22.0 percent, the increase in annual hours between 1979 and 2007 was greater among workers in the lowest fifth of the wage distribution than among workers in the middle fifth (10.9 percent). It was also greater among middle-wage workers than among the top 5 percent of earners (7.6 percent).
    Most of this wage growth occurred in the late 1990s boom (1995–2000). From 1979 to 1995 and from 2000 to 2007, the total real wage growth among this group was just 5.3 percent, equivalent to annual growth of about 0.25 percent.
    Over 1979–2007, real hourly wages for low-wage workers (those in the bottom fifth of earners) grew 7.7 percent, with most of this wage growth occurring in 1995–2000. From 1979 to 1995 and from 2000 to 2007, real wages among this group actually fell 3.2 percent.
    Over 1979–2007, the real hourly wages of the top 5 percent of earners grew by 30.2 percent
    Growth in work hours and real wages, by gender and wage group, 1979–2007

We are working longer hours, not less. No or little over time pay. Life is so busy for just play and 80% of people don't like their jobs and public servants have event the worst job of all. Nothing could be more waste of time in life as not liking your job. You can the thank the greedy bunch for that.

7. Castlepaloma profile image75

Notes from Michael Moore
    Today just 400 Americans have more wealth than half of all Americans combined.
    we'd have to accept the humiliating acknowledgment that we have indeed surrendered our precious Democracy to the moneyed elite. Wall Street, the banks and the Fortune 500 now run this Republic -- and, until this past month, the rest of us have felt completely helpless, unable to find a way to do anything about it.

Money doesn't grow on trees. It grows when we make things. It grows when we have good jobs with good wages that we use to buy the things we need and thus create more jobs. It grows when we provide an outstanding educational system that then grows a new generation of inventers, entrepreneurs, artists, scientists and thinkers who come up with the next great idea for the planet.
    recklessly gamble it on crazy Wall Street schemes and crash our economy. The crash they created cost us millions of jobs.  That too caused a reduction in revenue. And the population ended up suffering because they reduced their taxes, reduced our jobs and took wealth out of the system, removing it from circulation. The nation is not broke, my friends. They know they have committed crimes to make this happen and they know that someday you may want to see some of that money that used to be yours. So they have bought and paid for hundreds of politicians across the country to do their bidding for them. But just in case that doesn't work, they've got their gated communities, and the luxury jet is always fully fueled, the engines running, waiting for that day they hope never comes. To help prevent that day when the people demand their country back, the wealthy have done two very smart things:
    The message is clear: keep you head down, your nose to the grindstone, don't rock the boat and be sure to vote for the party that protects the rich man that you might be some day.
    Either hand over trillions of dollars from the American taxpayers or we will crash this economy straight into the ground. Fork it over or it's Goodbye savings accounts. Goodbye pensions. Goodbye United States Treasury. Goodbye jobs and homes and future. It was friggin' awesome and it scared the shit out of everyone. "Here! Take our money! We don't care. We'll even print more for you! Just take it! But, please, leave our lives alone, PLEASE!"
    We are rich with talent and ideas and hard work and, yes, love. we all crave: Our country back! Our democracy back! Our good name back! The United States of America. NOT the Corporate States of America. The United States of America!
    And that, my friends, is Corporate America's fatal mistake. But trying to destroy us they have given birth to a movement -- a movement that is becoming a massive, nonviolent revolt across the country. We all knew there had to be a breaking point some day, and that point is upon us. Many people in the media don't understand this.
    America ain't broke! The only thing that's broke is the moral compass of the rulers. And we aim to fix that compass and steer the ship ourselves from now on. Never forget, as long as that Constitution of ours still stands, it's one person, one vote, and it's the thing the rich hate most about America -- because even though they seem to hold all the money and all the cards, they begrudgingly know this one unshakeable basic fact: There are more of us than there are of them!
    We will win together.

8. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

People are not monolithic lumps, so arithmetic average of culturally-biased parameters are just a lazy way to support stereotypes.

One of the smartest people I ever knew was my grandfather, he would flunk an IQ test because he was never taught to read and was impatient with pointless exercises.  But he raised 7 kids, 6 of them now with tertiary degrees, cobbling together an income any honest way he could from coal mining to prize fighting, with a break to go to war. He lived a life where wealth of money was never an option, but he lived a richer life than most millionaires could even dream of.

I have a PhD and a bank account that is very healthy, but I have no problem considering granddad the smarter person, and there are plenty of working class people alive today who are just like him.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A good message everyone needs to hear psychicskinner. Especially the one that there are more folks like your granddad than most realize. Sort of like the point I made about my "Shark Tank" fellow - those kind of folks are the heart of America, and there are more of them than we realize.

GA

9. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Yes, rich people are smart while poor people aren't.  That is evident in terms of beliefs, consciousness, mentality, mindset, outlook, philosophy, & psychology.   Rich people have substantiated how smart they are in terms of their lifestyle choices.  Rich people think before they act.  They don't squander their resources.  They think about the future.   They educate & prepare themselves.  They don't marry nor become parents before they are prepared emotionally, financially, & psychologically.  They also have small families.  They value education & achievement & inculcate such values unto their children.

Poor people, au contraire, aren't smart.  One would say that they act unintelligently.  They are impulsive.  They act before they think.  They are selfish, thinking of their IMMEDIATE desires & wants w/o considering the ramifications of their actions on themselves & their children.  They don't believe in education nor achievement.  They only believe in instinctual things.  They act irresponsibly.  They are passive regarding their approach to life.  They feel that things happen to them & there is nothing they can do about it.  They inculcate their children to accept, never improve.  They also indoctrinate their children negatively regarding money & achievement.  They have THE LARGEST families thus creating generational impoverishment as such children WON'T EVER leave poverty.

10. Castlepaloma profile image75

Look at Trump. Small steps for a man with world record amount of lawsuits and corrupted bankrupt casino to huge gaint step to king of the Universe for mobsters. 

I have Been rich and poor , being middle class is best except for taxes.

When rich,  it's hard to know whether your friends or partners are interested in your money or not. When you have gained wealth and success, many people are willing to make friends with you. So you will not know who your genuine friends are. You are an open target for kidnap or blackmail and most everyone wants your money. Since money has the least to do with happiness, your more likely to be unhappy.

In fact North America over focus on Money bringing their healthcare and happiness to a lower scale compared the countries that more between middle class and semi poor . Like some countries I have travel to in Latin America and north Europe. Who take care of their poor better and are healthier. Reach for the middle class because American dream myth I would not depend on.

By far the smartest people throughout human history don't think in extreme of wealth, yet in balance of physical,  relationship, spiritual, intellectual and financial is 1/5 of this equation.

Have been middle class all my life.  I would rather be.....UPPER CLASS.   The upper class HAS IT MADE.

11. Castlepaloma profile image75

I was making over a million a year. If you just 5the Upper Middle Class

According to census data from 2015, 6.1% of households bring in $200,000 and higher every year and 14.1% bring in between $100,000 and $150,000. This is the upper middle class.

An Urban Institute paper argued that what they referred to as upper middle class, or those with a three-person household income between to $100,000 and $350,000, has grown from 12.9% of the population in 1979 to 29.4% in 2014. It found that people with higher incomes saw their earnings grow faster than those with lower incomes.

"The idea that the real divide is between ordinary members of the bottom 99% and the rich 1% is a dangerous one, since it makes it easier for those in the upper middle class to convince themselves they are in the same economic boat as the rest of America; they are not.

Cap it at a billion.a year or it is not helping humanity.

Don't you realize that the upper middle & upper classes are near or at the top because of their brilliance.  Such classes are highly intelligent.  They excelled academically & subsequently, socioeconomically.  They knew how to strategize & organize.  They act logically.  They weren't impulsive.   Before they considered doing something, they know that it was best to be prepared educationally, intellectually, mentally, psychologically, & socioeconomically.  They view success & achievement in a positive light & acted accordingly.  They also considered wealth to be a normative lifestyle.  They furthermore believed in birth control & small families (1-2 children).  They believe in dating & marrying smart. 

The poor are where they are because of uneducated & unintelligent life choices.  They don't think logically but act instinctively, almost on a primitive level.  The poor aren't intelligent or even smart.  They exist & act at a lower level than the middle & upper classes.  They act w/o considering the ramifications of their acts on the past & particularly the future.  They marry before they are prepared educationally, emotionally, mentally, psychologically, & especially socioeconomically.  They date & marry stupidly.  It isn't unusual for those in the lower classes to marry in their teens & by their 20s at the latest.   Contrast that to the upper middle & upper classes who marry in their 30s after they are established educationally & career-wise so they can give their children a better life. 

Poor people act & do things backwards.  People are poor of stupid life choices, pure & simple.  It is THEIR fault that they are poor.  Poor people also are SELFISH.  They want what THEY WANT.  Poor people have children, knowing that they CAN'T AFFORD them.  Poor people know that they are UNABLE to give their children a decent future.  Smart people DON'T have children when they can't afford to give them myriad opportunities for a better life.  However, poor people really couldn't care less about their children's present nor future environment.  They don't care that their children will do without the necessities, live in a substandard neighborhood, & have insufficient schooling.  To reiterate, they have this selfish, infantile notion to mindlessly procreate.  Also they have THE LARGEST families.  Look at any large family & one sees poverty or next to it. 

Poor people have sealed their doom in the 21st century.  They will be locked into poverty.  Social mobility is shrinking & has been so since the 1980s.  Once a child is born poor, it is 80% likely that h/she will be a....POOR ADULT.  With this scenario & the dim prospects of living & dying in poverty, poor people SHOULDN'T EVEN THINK of having children as they HAVE NOTHING to offer them.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are confusing intelligence with scholarship and/or education level.  They are not the same.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

About 90% of what I have Iearned in school, I have not used in real life. If it as the other way round I wound be another brick in the wall.

We have plenty of academic and even with PHD. ( Pileit Higher and Deeper) who are unemployed or driving Taxis in Canada.

One thing high Academics show us,  is they have work ethics. Your work ethics can be used to fight the competition which the very wealthy rigged this game.
          Or be unique to make money, where I being into green and arts which get screwed over too by the synthetic coded wealthy.

Since 1950s baby boomers families have degrees by 1/3. So you would think America would be great again, or at lease not worst. Still, think we can improve to one baby per family for the sake of the planet.

12. Castlepaloma profile image75

From being poor, middle class and rich I can blend in like a chameleon in most places.  Middle class do most of the work and pay most of the taxes. The poor are there to scare The middle class.

The very rich own the poor and some of the middle class. By keeping them busy fighting each other. Then steal their money and laughing their way to the bank.

Generally the semi poor and middle class are smarter in diversity than the rich. Rich will know more about wine and math. As far as work hours, about the same as the poor. We all put our pants on the same way.

Castlepaloma, SPOT ON, the middle class is THE UNDERAPPRECIATED BACKBONE of the American economy.   In my next life, I want to be in .....THE UPPER CLASS- they are THE LUCKIEST.

13. MARS30Siddiqui profile image65
    MARS30Siddiquiposted 4 years ago

The poor people are not very because they are too much induldged in making their chances of surviving that they reaally can't focus on how they are living. Their major concerns of life usually revolve around minor objects. The can't really afford to raise their heads from that pitof misery because their every minute they spend waching the progress of the world costs them their chaces of getting the next meal.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)