PC Trouble

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Anita Hasch profile image59
    Anita Haschposted 6 years ago

Hi, I just want you to know that my PC is down. This one that I am using is also giving trouble. Cannot continue to submit my new article and can also not answer notifications. Will have mine back within the next two weeks. All I can do now is read your hubs.

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ok awaiting for your pc to come back. You can still publish your hubs with smartphone

2. Anita Hasch profile image59
      Anita Haschposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Got no smartphone. Will be getting Tablet hopefully soon. When my husband died I was not paid out the monthly amount that he had arranged with the insurance company. Have to make do with what I have.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Rather than trying to work on a tablet and pay to fix your old PC, why not buy a pre owned laptop or desktop. I do this all the time.  Usually can find one for around $250...sometimes less.  Just make sure you find an honest seller!

Have not got much options TimeTraveler2. I want something new and Tablet is what I can afford. My non-fiction ebooks are starting to sell slowly. Hopefully, I might be able to afford a laptop next year.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I get it, just trying to show you another way that might help.  I can tell you from personal experience that buying a used refurbished unit from a dealer that comes with a warranty can be a good deal.  Good luck whatever you do.

Thank you. Seems like a good idea if it comes with a warranty.

4. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

ok, awaiting for your hubs

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Try different browser, worth a shot.

I tried to load a new browser. Did not work. Got a message a driver is missing. Then tried to update to windows 7. Received another message 'processor is outdated. Will be getting a new Tablet and having my old PC fixed. So sad, feels like somebody died. I know that sounds rediculous but that's how I feel.

Should read ridiculous.

3. DaveOnline profile image67
    DaveOnlineposted 6 years ago

Yes, when I've had laptop problems I've had to have it repaired and just wait it out until I could become active on it again. I see you're also from Port Elizabeth which is where I live.

Hi Dave, Unfortunately I have to wait until I can afford to have it fixed. I'm not complaining, have much to be thankful for and can make do when I really want something. What really upsets me is that I had set myself a goal for the end of December. Want to complete another 35 hubs to reach the total of 100. A few kids ebooks and non fiction ebooks. Maybe I will still make it but this has slowed me down.

4. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 6 years ago

There is a reset option. Or System restore. Or installing new hard drive.  Or, restoring defaults. Laptops are over rated. Seems like all the phone outlets are pushing tablets. I personally like the feel of an actual keyboard instead of pressing a touch screen. I feel your pain, however, about the computer problems feeling like a death in the family. Your computer becomes your best friend, and having issues feels like a personal loss. Like losing a parent, or a dog or cat. I had to put a new hard drive in my Toshiba laptop. $50. It was easy. Had to open the back, remove the old one, press  the new one into place. Then, I had to use my Windows 10 stick to install Windows.

Thanks. My PC just shut down with XP and showed blank screen. I then put in other harddrive with windows 7. Worked for a while, then shut down. Maybe something with the power supply. Will have it fixed. Am using other old computer until that one is fixed. One of the very first Pentium 4. This one has a outdated processor. Just using it for typing. I must agree with you, did not realize how much my PC meant to me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What kind of antivirus programs do you have on the PC?  Were they up to date?

SMADAV Antivirus. The PC is old and needs to be updated to windows 7 or 10. Maybe it's a good thing as I am now forced to upgrade or buy another.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm.  That software is meant as an extra level of protection, it's not meant to be used as your main anti virus. So it's possible your laptop has a virus or malware

Thanks Marisa, I should have upgraded a long time ago.

5. Deepika ojha profile image73
    Deepika ojhaposted 6 years ago

if your pc is slow , then best option u can do is just delete temp files from computer by using system restore delete temporary or .ini files from computer.

Thank you Deepika.

6. csbiswal profile image60
    csbiswalposted 6 years ago

Ok, Take some days break from writing. Enjoy your day

7. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 6 years ago

Cool...Always ensure that your data is backed up at all times, whether it be to the cloud or to a local external drive. It is also good to have and updated antivirus which detects malware and those nasty worms from burying deep into your drive and eventually rendering your computer useless.

Also, ensure that you operate your PC at the correct temperature. Don't place your PC on the carpet or risk static electricity which will eventually damage sensitive PC components.

Try to avoid torrent sites and other websites which offer Spam and browser hijacking. Anyway, good luck.

Thanks Clive, Luckily I keep most of my hubs on a stick.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)