Would someone please review my article "Best Tats of Pussy Cats"?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 6 years ago

Would someone please review my article "Best Tats of Pussy Cats"?  I want to submit it to a niche site, but I do not have a proof reader at home.  I would love to have comments, criticism, and suggestions.  A second (and third, etc) pair of eyes is needed to see our mistakes.  Thank you all in advance.  smile
    https://hubpages.com/style/The-Best-Pussy-Tattoos

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That URL is going to bury your hub in bounce backs. Reminds me of a hub I wrote a long time ago entitled "Beavers Galore!" or some such. lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Update:

I have never heard of HP changing an URL for someone, but that was pre network site days. Maybe when you submit to the network, you also send an email explaining the situation, i.e., substitute "cat" in place of "pussy". What with them having to change the URL anyway and them not wanting their site to have those bounce backs anymore than you do, they just might do it. Pure speculation on my part and odds are probably not good, but you never know. smile

1. k@ri profile image85
          k@riposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That url has caused me problems for years.  I wrote this hub 7 or 8 years ago.   That is a good idea to see if they will change it for me.  Thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Hi there,

Tattoos are copyrighted works, so I would suggest linking sources in a way that shows they are being shown with permission of the artist.

1. k@ri profile image85

hmmm, that's interesting, but I do not know how to find the artists.  The pictures come from photobucket or photopin.  I assumed these would be OK to use.  Most of them, I assume, were taken for the personal use of the person tattooed.  I have two that are not on people.  I will remove them.  Do you think it is ok to keep the pictures taken by the people owning the tattoo?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You source links don't go to the specific photo so there is no way to look at the license and figure it out. Even to meet the photographers requirements you probably need to attribute the work to them by name. Many tattoo collection pages don't worry about the legal requirement but on Hubpages you need to.

The general advice on how to change a url... is to start a new hub and transfer the content, as tedious as that is.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would advise you NEVER to use photos from Photobucket.  That site is overflowing with photos that are copyright and illegal to use - Photobucket doesn't police it at all.  So you could be at risk of getting sued. 

Photopin hosts photos specifically for bloggers to use, but they are Creative Commons images so make sure you read the instructions on how to credit them.

1. k@ri profile image85

This is very worrisome to me.  I have many photos from Photobucket.  When I first started it was all I used.  I guess I'm going to have to go through all my articles and re-picture them.  Thank you both, psycheskinner and Marisa for bringing this to my attention.  I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with this hub.  I may have to scrap the whole thing.  sad

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

We all make mistakes!   In practice, the risk of someone suing you is low.  The problem is, if you are sued, the potential cost is frighteningly high.  Consider how much money this Hub has made you and decide whether it is worth it, perhaps?

1. k@ri profile image85

Thanks Marisa.  Lol, I'm going to have to think about this.  smile

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

Hey k@ri, if you're looking for photos that you can use legally for free I love Unsplash and the Flickr creative commons. (Seriously check Flickr creative commons for tattoos, I bet you'll find some good stuff there).

1. obsexed profile image72
      obsexedposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Kierstin!  I will try that.  I really appreciate the suggestion.  smile

Flickr has strict rules about attribution, and a lot of their photos are NOT legal to use, so make sure you check each photo carefully.

4. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

pexels.com

1. obsexed profile image72
      obsexedposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, Kenna!  I will look them up.  smile

5. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Pixabay.com has ten pages of tattoo images that are Creative Commons licensed, free for commercial use and to adapt.

1. k@ri profile image85

Thank you, theraggededge!  I'm going there now.  smile

6. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

Marisa, if you go into the creative commons on Flickr you're able to filter through until you only see pictures that are attribution-only. There's a lot of them.

Yes I know, I'm just pointing out that you have to be careful.  Not everyone knows how to use the filter.

7. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

Attribution-only means you can use them, copyright free?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)