Trump says he will veto gay marriage.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (32 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

Trump says he will veto gay marriage, and has some very awful things to say about what he will do to gays and lesbians if he becomes president.

But most lawyers say that it is not possible for him to veto gay marriage, because it is a supreme  court decision and can't be over turned without another court ruling. A president does not have the power to do that no matter who it is.

However the scary thing about Trump is, he can replace supreme court justices, and from what is being said in the media, he has some very anti gay judges in the wings to suggest appointing to the supreme court to replace the ones that may retire.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Last time he wants to punish people who have abortions. Now these gays wanting to love their ultimate love ones. He will do anything to grab Christain white voters and screw over people who are not.

1. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That was about "illegal abortions"...but Trump was forced to back off on that one.  What is it that people do not get about "illegal"?   How about doctors or anyone who performs "illegal abortions"?  Illegal is illegal.

People are brainwashed into thinking killing innocent unborn babies should be legal because its been made a political issue, and politically correct.  Its a moral issue. I don't think it should be legal to kill anyone. 

Women say, "Its my body, I can have an abortion." 
        No its not, its the baby's body.  Its like, duh!

2. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

WALLACE: But, Mr. Trump, let's take one issue.  You say now that the Supreme Court has ruled that same-sex marriage is the law of the land and that any politician who talks about wanting to amend the Constitution is just playing politics.  Are you saying it's time to move on?

TRUMP: No, I'm saying this.  It has been ruled up.  It has been there.  If I'm a, you know, if I'm elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change things.

But they've got a long way to go.  I mean at some point, we have to get back down to business.  But there's no question about it.  I mean most — and most people feel this way.

They have ruled on it.  I wish that it was done by the state.  I don't like the way they ruled.  I disagree with the Supreme Court from the standpoint they should have given the state — it should be a states' rights issue.  And that's the way it should have been ruled on, Chris, not the way they did it.

This is a very surprising ruling.  And I — I can see changes coming down the line, frankly.  But I would have much preferred that they ruled at a state level and allowed the states to make those rulings themselves.

WALLACE: But — but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?

TRUMP: I would strongly consider that, yes.

I personally agree that it should have been ruled a states' rights issue, not forced down everyone's throats...yuck!  That is wrong, its totally controlling and inconsiderate.  It should be reconsidered. But, there are a lot more important issues.

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

Trump is pandering to backward voters. I doubt he gives a hoot one way or the other. He'll say whatever he thinks he is supposed to in order to garner support. If elected that will be so far down his list of priorities that he'll forget about it.

I'm afraid i disagree with the Hubber who thinks it should be left to the states. Everyone deserves protection under the law and it is a federal issue to ensure they get it. Even from backward thinking states.

4. colorfulone profile image77

Our freedoms are not so that we can do whatever we want, our freedom is for doing what we ought.  If that is backwards to non-Christian liberals, hell is a choice...go for it, no one is stopping you. That's backwards and it makes no difference to me. -  All is well!

5. krillco profile image85
    krillcoposted 7 years ago

What 'we ought' with both our freedom and Christianity is to love one another, and abandon judgement. As a progressive, liberal Christian, your definition of me is flat out...wrong. Hell is for posers of Christ.

"Hell is for posers of Christ."  ... 

If a person isn't better than the Pharisees and scribes (the posers) there is no way they will enter heaven. The Bible is clear on that.  The Pharisees and scribes weren't bad people, they actually had some compassion toward Jesus Christ, but loved the Law (religion) and refused to see spiritual truth.

6. Live to Learn profile image60

You'll find that those who oppose compassion toward all people of all walks of life tend to label anyone who advocates compassion as non Christian and liberal. Christ, himself, would have been labeled a liberal in his time.

7. colorfulone profile image77

Abraham Lincoln said, "I know that God is always on the side of right; my concern is not whether God is on our side but whether or not we are on God's side."

There are those who want to be on God's side.
    There are those who want God on their side. 

I hear liberals claim Jesus was a "liberal."
    I never hear conservatives claim Jesus was a "conservative."

Of course, people who claim "Jesus was a liberal" do not believe Jesus is divine. He is God!  When you label Jesus as anything other than God, you diminish Him.  If you believe Jesus is God, you don't think of Him as anything else except all that He is, (not what He is not).

Jesus said "I am the Alpha and the Omega" [the first and the last].

We should allow Jesus to shape our ideology.
    Not have our ideology shape who Jesus is.

He said "I am the Way, the TRUTH and the Life."

A person betrays their faith when they put Jesus in a box and wraps it up with a bow.

A woman/Mother life is more important than her fetus and of being Christain or not.

She could be living in another country and be granted all choices.

Religion should stay out of our sex business unless a person is under age.

That's interesting. What countries grant more freedoms to women than the USA?  IDK

What countries allow gays and lesbians to marry?

One time America was the no. one country for freedom

Free abortions and gay marriage did not start in the US. I know of many happier countries than US and for their freedom too.

8. Live to Learn profile image60

Those who appear to sideline Jesus in order to support unloving ideologies spend a lot of time and effort trying to convince themselves others don't know Christ. It's very sad.

9. colorfulone profile image77

Oh, I do agree with that, that is sad.  sad
    But, the joy of the Lord is my strength! 

Jesus: Conservative or Liberal?
    * http://www.james-dave.com/conservlib1.html
    I got some good laughs...moral of the story, don't take yourself seriously.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what would lead you to believe I was referring to Jesus as a political figure. My point was that his behavior patterns and stated beliefs would put him on the liberal side, of Judaism during his time. But, I'm not surprised you misunderstood.

I do firmly believe that the religious right's repeated attempts to inhibit the freedoms and liberties of the individual is at direct odds with how Jesus would teach. I have no recollection of any sermons or conversations documented where he expected people to try to railroad other people into acting in accordance with their personal beliefs. 'He who is without sin' comes to mind. I think people should mind their own business and let others do the same. As opposed to constantly attempting to legislate personal belief into other's lives.

In fact, it is very intolerant to say that Jesus is the way the truth and the life and that no one can get to God except through Him as Jesus Himself said in John 14:6. It is also intolerant to state that there is no other name under Heaven other than Jesus by which a person can be forgiven of his sins as Peter said in Acts 4:12. It is intolerant to say that there is only one true God as Jesus said in John 17:3.wooden cross It is also intolerant to say that trying to enter into Heaven by any other way than Jesus is to be a thief and a robber as Jesus said in John 10:1. Jesus was intolerant when He said that He is the one who reveals God to people (Luke 10:22). Jesus was even more intolerant of religious hypocrisy when He condemned the religious know-it-alls and called them hypocrites and deceivers (Matt. 23:25-26). Jesus was extremely intolerant of the buying and selling in the temple when He drove the people out of it by force and overturned their money tables (John 2:13-16). Jesus was intolerant of hatred when He said, "Love your enemies," (Luke 6:27). Jesus was intolerant of ignorance when He taught the people truth (Matt. 5). Jesus was intolerant of prejudice when He gave the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37).

Yes, Christianity is intolerant because its founder, Jesus, was intolerant. Christianity is intolerant of false gods and false gospels. Why is it so intolerant? Because it is shaped after Jesus. It is intolerant because there is a Hell and Jesus, who is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14, Col. 2:9) and who died for our sins (1 Pet. 2:24), has made the only way to forgiveness a reality: through Him alone (John 14:6) and without Him comes damnation.

On the other hand, Christianity is very tolerant....

Read:   https://carm.org/it-intolerant-say-chri … e-religion

Everyone should have a free will to have their own personal beliefs as long as they don't interfere with the rights of others.  BUT...Police state USA, in America people are being targeted for thought crimes (moral beliefs) because of progressive liberal political correctness BS?  The transgender bathroom laws are straight out of hell and should not be tolerated, because it opens a loop hole for perverts and puts women and girls at risk!  Its child-abuse to force girls to pee and shower with boys who identify as girls. 

People need to get some righteous-indignation and get intolerant.  If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Privacy is a right!
        Moral decay...

Christianity is tolerant. But, I don't view Christianity from the same narrow mind set as some.. Some, who think their personal beliefs represent Christianity, are not so tolerant. However, their views do not speak for Christianity, no matter how loud and monotonous they may be.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.…" -  Matthew 7:13-15 
            (hint: he tells us which gate to enter and warns us of false prophets)

Everyone has the right to choose...live and let live. Let God be the Judge. 
            I'd rather sit with sinners than a lot of people who call themselves Christians.  But, I don't compromise my relationship with Christ. 
            He accepts us just as we are at any given moment. 

God says that He sets before us life and death, and even tells us which one we should choose.  Life.  smile  "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life."

Yes, please. Let's let God be the judge.  Many may find this difficult because they'd have to stop judging everyone and everything else with the narrowest mindset imagined.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Chances to get to heaven is worst winning the grand lottery ticket in Las Vegas. Most of love ones will be in hell, why? Because God loves you.

There is nothing a non religious can say to a addictive religious person that this is deeply contradictive and Hypocritical. Laws that are worst than the crime, so almost anyone going to hell. Mainly for sexual offences and to most it is the greatest pleasure on earth, making that another huge conflicting life.

The religiously addicted. That's a good term. I love when they post the 'wide is the gate' comment. I think they've passed through the wide gate because it is easier to think all they have to do is mouth words about how much they love God than actually thinking about what the word love means.

2. colorfulone profile image77

Have faith.  We are living in historic times. History is about to change. Many things will not look the same, but God is our unchanging solid rock! He said He will never leave us or forsake us, and I take Him at His Word.  There is a third Great Awakening and it is going to change history.
                Can you sense it?

He promised a great shaking! 

“It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.”
                (Joel 2:28-29)  ---  all mankind, no exclusions, everyone.

Be thankful ...  Its going to be beautiful!  All is well, God is Love! 
                The shaking is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
                Hang-on and enjoy the ride.  God loves us all!

Most people now,say they are spiritual rather than religious. Most sense the world will get worse then become the spiritual age, better.

Any one world religion or new world order would destory the diversity of love shared.

100% agree.  - "Most people now,say they are spiritual rather than religious. Most sense the world will get worse then become the spiritual age, better."

Religion is a good way to get a religious-spirit. They find it easy to be judgmental, critical of others and argumentative. Unless they live by faith through the grace of God.

Spirituality is a whole different thing in a relationship with God, Who is Love and has forgiven us.

100% agree.  - "Any one world religion or new world order would destroy the diversity of love shared."

God's ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher...
                    Amen!

10. colorfulone profile image77

Jesus wasn't a political figure, can't even imagine Him as one.  Although there were plenty of political figures in those days.  I could imagine Jesus riding a Harley if He was here today.  wink

Jesus would 'veto gay marriage' as a political figure. (so to speak) He would be true to the Word, because He is the Word.  He is God and He never changes. I take Him at His Word.

Trump's views are liberal on gay marriage in that he would rather the power be with the states and might consider getting it changed to that.  That would have been better IMO.
    There are more pressing issues though.

Jesus would get elected even if he promise to save the world.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This mental image cracked me up so badly I almost posted a Google image of it on here. Unfortunately I thought I'd probably offend someone and get reported. It's really way funnier to me right now than it should be.

lol

3. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There are a lot of states who have senators who think that gays should be rounded up and executed. The same states are also anti abortion, anti immigrant, and basically anti social.

I would much rather have my rights in the hands of the supreme court, then at the hands of some of these nutjobs. There is a senator in Wisconsin who wants to pass a law to jail single parents, saying that a non mother/father household should be a crime. This is how stupid these people are.

My first thought was, what if in a two parent household, the father or mother gets in an accident and dies. Are they going to immediately jail the surviving parent for child neglect? What kind of fricking morons do we have running this country.

The trump administration has some of the scariest people playing games with our lives, It's almost as if we are going back to the days of the communist witch hunts. A womans place is in the kitchen, having babies and serving the husband crap. minorities have no rights, and back to gays being banished back to the closet. Betsy Devos is from Michigan, and is our education secretary.

She wants to cut education big time, and take away the free lunch program for millions of kids. So, they can give that money to the rich. The Devos family are from Michigan, and they are multi-millionaires her family probably never went to public school. So, how she got this position is beyond me. They are a bunch of rich idiots.

They always spout that they are religious people. The only the thing religious about them is the billions of dollars they get from the church for their campaign funds. They pander to christians, because they are the only ones who believe the crap that comes out of their mouths.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Can you name just one senator, from a single state, that has publicly advocated execution for gays?  A link to the statement would be nice...

11. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

School lunch programs are administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) they provide nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to children each school day. 
    https://answers.ed.gov/link/portal/2802 … ch-program

That has nothing to do with the Secretary of Education. I think Devos is a nice lady, and very smart, she has a very tender spirit.  There is a lot of misinformation and accusations these day, its an information war.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)