Is Biden the real danger to Democracy?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (148 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 4 weeks ago

To suppress Americans who disagree with biden he is currently fighting in the Supreme Court to continue having the power to violate Americans' 1st Amendment rights & censor them online.   

Supreme Court frowns at limiting biden administration’s contact with tech companies
    The high court was skeptical that the biden administration went too far in encouraging social media platforms to remove misinformation.

https://www.courthousenews.com/supreme- … companies/

Democrats are using migrants to boost the population of blue states and thus electoral votes; they also killed a bill that would block the biden Admin from buying plane tickets for migrants to ship them to blue states

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-ef … -in-senate

Despite news reports the FBI was abusing its domestic surveillance powers, biden signed into law a FISA extension that allows the feds to spy on Americans

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/19/us/p … rules.html

biden Admin turned the FBI against parents who opposed his DEIfication of schools & tried using anti-terrorism laws to target them

https://www.congress.gov/117/meeting/ho … -SD004.pdf

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Democrats are using migrants to boost the population of blue states and thus electoral votes; they also killed a bill that would block the biden Admin from buying plane tickets for migrants to ship them to blue states

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-ef … -in-senate

DISCREDITED SOURCE

1. profile image0
        savvydatingposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Your link goes nowhere. What are you trying to say?

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70
        Miebakagh57posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Is this America these days? It seems weird.                                     But thank heavens. Dem are getting used to their senses? And Joseph Biden is in trouble?

3. profile image0
        savvydatingposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Where do you get your info? Are you using AI?

Readmikenowposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Nope...it only requires a little research on the web.

With the right programs you can gather quite a few news stories from the web.

For the record, I only listed a few.  The 51 intelligence officers claiming Hunter Biden's laptop was russian disinformation is a big one being they all recanted their statements.  When you add to that the fact that, should that story have been permitted to run, biden would have lost the election. You begin to realize how biden and the democrats are a true threat to democracy.

2. Valeant profile image87
      Valeantposted 4 weeks ago

These threads are getting more and more ridiculous.

3. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 4 weeks ago

RFK Jr. calls Biden greater ‘threat to our democracy’ than Trump in scathing rebuke

Independent presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. reiterated Tuesday that he believes President Biden presents a greater threat to democracy than former President Donald Trump.

“Biden has done something that no other president in history has done, which is to order media — particularly social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google — to censor his political opponents,” the 70-year-old told “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday.

“If you have a president who can censor his political opponents, he has the license for any kind of atrocity — that is a genuine threat to our democracy.”

Efforts by the Biden administration to flag content for social media companies to moderate, especially during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, have been subject to litigation before the Supreme Court.

Justices on the high court heard oral arguments last month in a lawsuit challenging the Biden administration’s actions.

In the summer of 2021, the White House approvingly cited a report labeling Kennedy one of a “disinformation dozen” who disseminated wrong information about COVID-19 vaccines.

On Monday night, Kennedy caused a stir by telling CNN that he “can make the argument that President Biden is much worse” than Trump in terms of protecting democracy, drawing swift backlash from Democrats.

“With a straight face, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said that Joe Biden is a bigger threat to democracy than Donald Trump because he was barred from pushing conspiracy theories online,” Democratic National Committee senior adviser Mary Beth Cahill said in a statement.

“There is no comparison to summoning a mob to the Capitol and promising to be a dictator on day one. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. laid to rest tonight any doubts that he’s a spoiler candidate.”

“All of this, the use of the courts, the use of prosecutors, the use of all these federal agencies to change our political landscape, it just is wrong, and we should be debating about it,” Kennedy told Fox News Tuesday.

“You had all these federal agencies that were now able to silence people who were questioning their policies.”

In a three-way matchup, Trump is scoring 40.7% support, compared to Biden’s 35.3% and Kennedy’s 12.3%, according to the latest RealClearPolitics aggregate of polls.

Kennedy will need to top 15% in select polling in order to secure a place on the debate stage later this fall.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/02/us-news/r … ensorship/

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
        Ken Burgessposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

The Democrats are so entrenched with their labeling those with opposing opinions a disinformer or threat to democracy...  and of course, if they can throw in racist or sexist in their as well, they will...  it takes a special kind of person to continue to be a blindly supportive Democrat.

When everything you are promoting, from Carbon Taxation, to putting Migrants first, to quotas and Equity, goes against common sense and commonly held beliefs and ideals... well then, you resort to the tactics being used by our Democratic Party today.

These two gentlemen articulate it very well:
        RFK Jr Exposes Biden And Leaves CNN Host Speechless in Interview
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5klopyeLrg

" it takes a special kind of person to continue to be a blindly supportive Democrat." A Trump (91 indictments) supporter.

Kathleen Cochranposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 … cker-list/

A way to keep up with all the indictments against Trump - while you wrestle with the question of who to vote for.

Ken Burgessposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Showing proof of the State being used to destroy political opponents only proves the point being made by those that say our government is corrupt.

2. abwilliams profile image68
        abwilliamsposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Which always has me wondering/pondering, is it all, and only about, promoting the Democratic Party? Destroying the competition (come what may) in order to what?
        Stand alone, be top dog?
        Then what? When all competition is gone, the entrepreneurial spirit broken, patriotism destroyed, America divided and torn to the point of no return? Then what?

There is an absolute difference between the two Parties these days...

One more example to consider...

New ‘squatter’ law signed in Florida as issue runs rampant nationwide
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0bgmOZuHSk

And on the opposite side of the aisle
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxa_hDCJzFc

Squatter’s rights, also known as “adverse possession” under the law, allow an individual to occupy a property and remain there without the owner’s permission.

In New York City, an individual can claim squatter’s rights after inhabiting a property for just 30 days.  Proof of those 30 days can be something as simple (and unverifiable) as a hand-written contract with a date on it from 30 days prior.

1. abwilliams profile image68

It's madness! What other way is there to describe this? Apparently, it makes perfect sense for those on the left...but what if it were their property, their homes, or worse yet, their elderly Parents home, would their tune change? At what point does survival replace "Thee Party" for them?

You'll love this one, the back end of this video talks about just how bad the crime is with many of these migrants, child rapists being released back into the populace with Sanctuary States doing nothing to them:

My bad, this link is live, I was wondering why I couldn't get a time-link.

https://youtu.be/HLJvw1lSLrA?list=PLEbh … 02-n8l6agL

Oh my God, what are we doing!?!?
                The worst of the worst yet..... doing the unspeakable to CHILDREN (not that I have any you understand nor could I possibly know what this would do to a Parent)

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

Then what? The American spirit will survive. It always has.

With zero help from "Thee Democratic Party".

Did you watch the actual footage shared?

"Title 18 U.S.C.' 3056(a)(7) authorizes the U.S. Secret Service to provide protection for major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates:

Protection is authorized by the DHS Secretary after consultation with the Congressional Advisory Committee;

The Congressional Advisory Committee includes: Speaker of the House, House Minority Leader, Senate Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, and one additional member selected by the others;

Protection under these guidelines should only be granted within one year prior to the general election. Protection more than one year prior to the general election should only be granted in extraordinary, case by case circumstances in consultation with the committee, based on threat assessment and other factors."

abwilliamsposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I was actually referring to this footage, it's loaded up, so it may take a while to get through it:

https://youtu.be/Vxa_hDCJzFc?si=m9kXwtU0dJnV3zeD

"Did you watch the actual footage shared?"  As my resulting comments revealed - not that I have to answer to anyone here any more than they have to answer to me. This site would be a great deal more civil if participants realized that fact.

3. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

"They cut my quote so it looked like I was making this definitive statement that Biden was more of a threat to democracy than Trump. But of course, I never said that... What I said was that I can make this argument, and I didn’t say definitively whether I believed one or the other was more dangerous to democracy. I did say that I don’t believe either of them are gonna destroy democracy.”

That's OK we all know Biden is not dangerous to democracy.

Dangerous to drag us into WWIII... to collapse the economy...

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

“Fox & Friends”  - DISCREDITED SOURCE

Right there with CNN and MSNBC.

FYI CNN is not "news" it is not “on the airwaves.” it is Cable. it is even in the name.

CNN is not a broadcast network. It is a cable network. Cable networks do not require the FCC to license them. No government agency regulates the cable industry for content.

Furthermore the FCC does not distinguish between entertainment and news.

In this manner, CNN and MSNNC, right along with FOX can say anything they want about anyone they want, and classify it as whatever they want.

Fox News BTW is called an entertainment channel not a news channel.

Fox News itself recently made the argument in court that no reasonable person would consider Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox News a credible news source and that their programming is, in fact, nothing more than entertainment.

The EXACT same thing holds true for CNN... sorry to burst your bubble.

4. Valeant profile image87
      Valeantposted 4 weeks ago

If you were in the pool and had Ken doing his fearmongering before noon today, sorry, you just missed it by seven minutes.

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 3 weeks ago

Ken: " Fox News agreed Tuesday to pay Dominion Voting Systems nearly $800 million to avert a trial in the voting machine company’s lawsuit that would have exposed how the network promoted lies about the 2020 presidential election." - The Associated Press

No. It is not the same. No other network has ever had to pay a settlement because they were proven to be habitually lying. Opinions and a court settlement of millions of dollars are not the same thing.

If you say so.

Regardless, CNN is not news... it is Cable entertainment.

1. Valeant profile image87
          Valeantposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Both CNN and Fox are news networks.  Maybe they are only viewed as entertainment for you, but calling them cable entertainment is not accurate.

6. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 3 weeks ago

Democrats in Boston are turning veteran housing into a facility to house illegals.

Meanwhile, our veterans are suffering like this. Veteran homelessness increased by 7.4% in 2023. Thousands of veterans are homeless. Now they have to watch as illegals are treated better than them.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status … 4783693888

https://twitter.com/RedsRepair95/status … 1809308817

It is madness and it makes me so ANGRY!!

1. Willowarbor profile image58
          Willowarborposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Well that's the point of misinformation, to make one angry or to make one fearful.   Take note of the source of the "information". Libs of tik Tok...

Here's the actual story...

"Meanwhile, the former Chelsea Soldiers’ Home facility, which is vacant, will serve as a new “safety-net site” starting next month, officials said. Last year, the state opened a new, state-of-the-art facility now known as the Massachusetts Veterans Home at Chelsea.

Gee whiz the vets got  a brand new place?!

"Massachusetts has proven that we can take care of veterans and families experiencing homelessness in our state,” Secretary of Veterans Services Dr. Jon Santiago said in a statement. “While EOVS formerly operated the building slated for demolition, this project operates independently and will not impact the daily routines or services at the Massachusetts Veterans Home at Chelsea.”

The spread of misinformation in social media has really become a severe threat to public interests.  But it's become a right wing strategy.  Emotions, such as anger and fear, have been shown to influence people’s political behavior. 

This forum is riddled with misinformation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/massachusett … 9863.html.  a reprint from Boston 25 News.

How is it misinformation?

Why are BILLIONS of dollars in funds being diverted to housing, feeding, caring for millions of migrants while we have even a handful of Veterans suffering and homeless?

You aren't getting anyone in a "AHA moment"... though you may think you are.

Most Americans see struggling homeless people in their neighborhoods, certainly in the cities, we have millions of Americans in need here... yet we are bringing in millions more that are in need, a process meant to harm our country and its citizens, not help.

Any American that has served his country should be furious with this Administration for what it has done... from Afghanistan to Open Borders the Biden Administration and the Democratic Party are only harming America and its citizens.

"Democrats in Boston are turning veteran housing into a facility to house illegals."

That is what your source lead with.  No mention that it was vacant. They could have even said a "former" veteran's housing facility. But they didn't and I think the reason why is pretty clear.  The point is to mislead those who will look no further.

If one supports veterans, I'm not sure how support for Trump follows. 

From John Kelly..

"A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them,'" Kelly said of Trump. "A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family — for all Gold Star families — on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”

I think anyone who has fought for our country should be furious with that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … rcna118543

Actions speak louder than words...

I could care less what that sellout (Kelly) says...

I am sure he is too busy pushing for Carbon Taxation to worry about our Vets.

With leaders like Kelly steering the ship, who needs enemies?

Are you insinuating that Kelly is lying? And what about Milley?

Milley had chosen a severely wounded Army captain, Luis Avila, to sing “God Bless America.” at an event he and Trump attended. Avila, who had completed five combat tours, had lost a leg in an IED attack in Afghanistan, and had suffered two heart attacks, two strokes, and brain damage as a result of his injuries.

Milley stated Trump responded with..

"Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." Mr Trump allegedly told Mr Milley, asking him to never let the soldier make a public appearance again."

According to Milley. “Trump’s attitude toward the uniformed services seemed superficial, callous, and, at the deepest human level, repugnant,”

Mr Milley tried to educate the then-president on the “concepts of honor, sacrifice and duty.”

According to Milley's interview in The Atlantic,Trump had a “sour view” of the armed forces, which made Mr Milley’s job far more challenging than he thought it would be.

Remember what he said about Vietnam POW John McCain:?

“He’s not a war hero. He’s not a war hero because he was captured. I don’t like people who were captured.” Who would want to go to war for a President Trump knowing that if you were captured in the heat of battle your commander-in-chief wouldn’t “like” you? Lol

Trump's belittling and disparaging of the military actually goes back to his days when he was a frequent guest of the Howard Stern show.  One memorable appearance that he compared his sex life in the '80s to that of a soldier in Vietnam. 

"I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there – it’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier,” Trump bloviated.  GROSS. Show a little respect.

But Let me guess, Milley is just another wacko?  Sellout?  A person of little integrity? Someone with a history of lying? Someone with a dubious past?

https://hubstatic.com/16982896_f1024.jpg

Pretty sure it was the Obama administration that reduced veteran homelessness by half.  As one can see from the chart above, there were virtually no improvements to the issue during the Trump years.  But tell us again how veterans should be flocking to republicans because they solve the issue.

Ten bucks says the twitter story did not mention this fact:

According to the state's website, the veterans home "offers residential and long-term care programs to eligible Massachusetts veterans." Healey's office said the site is vacant and slated to be demolished since the state reopened a larger center atop Powder Horn Hill in December.

Just more omissions of the whole picture to trigger those unwilling to do their own research on the topic.

7. abwilliams profile image68
      abwilliamsposted 3 weeks ago
    8. abwilliams profile image68

I went to the V.A. with my Dad a few weeks ago and he and other Veterans were discussing how much things changed under Trump. They were finally respected and had updated facilities, short wait times, no more long lines, crediting Trump!
      My Dad would never go to the V.A. before, but he does now.

It is true Trump says a lot of misconstrued, even derogatory things.

So, I go by what is done... not by what is said.

Same for Biden... I go by what is done, not what is said.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Is that not one mark of a politician?  A difference between Trump and Biden?  A politician talks, saying whatever (s)he thinks will buy re-election, but the actions seldom follow the talk.

Trump has said plenty of things I could take issue with.

What it came down to in 2016...2020...2024... is that the alternative is significantly worse.

One only has to go down the list of things the Biden Administration has given America.

1 - Transgenders being the #1 protected "minority".
            2 - Proper Pronoun usage or the loss of your job.
            3 - Equity... not Equality, Merit, or Opportunity... Quotas based on ethnicity or sexual orientation.
            4 - WWIII - direct conflict with Russia (and Iran)
            5 - Highest Inflation in Decades (thanks to his off the charts spending)
            6 - Open Borders (flying in hundreds of thousands of migrants)
            7 - Declaring half of America enemies of Democracy
            8 - Using the DOJ (FBI) to persecute political opposition
            9 - Using the FBI to silence political opposition (raids and social media censorship)
            10 - Draining the Strategic Petroleum Oil Reserves for political gain (not a crisis or emergency which is what it was intended for)

That's ten I thought up in the 3 minutes it took for me to type this post.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81
          Sharlee01posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

agree

9. abwilliams profile image68

Dang, I forgot, don't get personal with strangers......
      My bad.

Readmikenowposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I go to the VA all the time.

Before President Donald Trump waiting for service was a nightmare.  You would have to wait, have your appointments changed at the last minute, etc. I could go on.  BUT when President Donald Trump started a program where vets could see private physicians if the VA was too busy, things REALLY changed.

Things really got much better.

RMN: I'm glad that has been your experience. Veterans should be treated with respect and gratitude especially where it concerns their medical needs. Only 1% serves. The least we can do is provide the services they need with competency and compassion.

Thank you!

Does your husband go to the VA?

10. Valeant profile image87
      Valeantposted 3 weeks ago

And the flip-side of that view is this one about what was given to us during that single Trump term:

1.  White Nationalists being the #1 protected 'minority.'
      2.  The highest cabinet turnover in the history of a presidency.
      3.  Hiring and firing based on fealty pledges to Trump and not the Constitution.
      4.  A complete misunderstanding of science that led to a deadly global pandemic.
      5.  Directly lied to the American public about the dangers of that deadly pandemic, lies that studies have concluded cost over 100,000 American lives.
      6.  Highest inflation in decades (thanks to broken supply chains).
      7.  Added a record $7.8 trillion to the national debt in just four years.
      8.  Finished his term with a net-negative jobs gain and left office with a 6.2% unemployment rate after inheriting one at 4.3%.
      9.  Open borders, but with the added bonus of a violation of the basic human rights of kids just to be cruel.
      10.  Declaring half of Americans 'enemies of the country.'
      11.  Using the FBI to silence political opposition (as the actions Ken claims happened, happened during the end of Trump's term).
      12.  Charged or impeached for violating the following laws during his term: blackmail, business fraud, obstruction of justice to protect an enemy, conspiracy to defraud the United States, election interference, forgery or false statements of documents, soliciting or impersonating a public officer, conspiracy against civil rights.
      13.  Charged with endangering our nation's most sensitive secrets, including storing our nuclear secrets in the bathroom of his golf club.  Heard on tape showing US war plans to people without clearances to view those plans.
      14.  Organized and incited a domestic terror attack on his own Congress because his malignant narcissism could not endure the reality that he lost an election.
      15.  Dozens of his former staff and cabinet members, including the Vice President that served with him, have come out and openly stated he is not fit to serve in the presidency ever again.

That was 15 in about three minutes - with the last three being extraordinarily disqualifying to any sane American.

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Valeant,

A generation ago any clown with a record like you described would been laughed out of politics. What has changed to allow so many to now accommodate so much, today?

The constant barrage of propaganda that is just false on its face, but that millions of Americans believe because they lack the critical thinking skills or the self-respect to care when they are told such outlandish falsehoods.

ESO, and I have been trying to sort this out for a while. He says the people have been brainwashed. I believe that these people know exactly what they are doing.

Donald Trump is just the  label on the package of reactionary discontent.  This discontent involves changing demographics and mores, that mere numbers and votes no longer can stave off.

Look at the true nature of his supporters of January 6, 2021, what sorts of people was this mob composed of?  Trump and his followers offer a "new way" to stop the Democratic rule of the masses in favor of rule by the select and enshrined few. That is always the objective of the reactionary. Consequently, the package is more important than the label.

Given Trump's incompetence and criminality, no one could consider him the "go to" guy to solve any real problem. Biden is not outside the traditions of Presidential deportment common to most of the Post War Presidential Administrations.Trump and MAGA regardless of how they conceal it, are speaking of a radical anti-Democratic departure and that is unacceptable and must be defeated.

2. abwilliams profile image68

16. SEE ABOVE for b.s.

17.  SEE ABOVE for cultish denialism.

Were the followers of obama a cult when they referred to him as a Messiah?

Common Core Lesson Teaches Children Obama Is A Messiah

lesson plan for third-graders linked to a controversial federal education initiative makes sure America's next generation does not forget who is the one we have been waiting for.

During the Soul Train Awards in 2012, comedian and actor Jamie Foxx exhorted a wildly cheering crowd to "first of all (give) honor to god, and our lord and savior Barack Obama," exhibiting the all-too-widespread hero worship that casts rational thought aside and labels even legitimate criticism as virtual blasphemy.

The same cult of personality is creeping into lesson plans and reading materials being created under the guise of the platform for nationalized education known as Common Core. One new lesson teaches our children that Obama is indeed the messiah.

A language-arts lesson plan for third-, fourth- and fifth-graders has been developed around the book "Barack Obama: Son of Promise, Child of Hope," in which the author, Nikki Grimes, paints the 44th president as nothing short of a messianic figure. The description of the associated lesson plan by Sherece Bennett boasts that it is officially "aligned" with the Common Core State Standards Initiative, an attempt to standardize various K-12 curricula around the country that has drawn national opposition.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit … s-messiah/

Grimes certainly made Obama out to be more than what he was, that's for sure.  That a comedian made a joke about Obama, and the right doesn't understand humor, is not close to the equivalency of millions of followers believing the lies of a known conman.  So, please, stop with the false equivalencies.

TDS is a very real thing.

Yes it is Mike and it's not subsiding, it's only getting worse.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

Valeant: Don't forget:

Disrespecting Gold Star parents:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/p … azala.html

Disrespecting fallen service members:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent … s-suckers/

Disrespecting POWs:

https://apnews.com/article/id-cde31d2fa … 31a59b799a

If I were MAGA, I'd dismiss what he says too.

All hearsay or taken out of context, or sarcasm (tacky sarcasm at times, but sarcasm nonetheless) or outright lies... He definitely disrespected John McCain, but I've talked to Vietnam Vets who have/had, zero use or respect for John McCain, they couldn't stand him.
          But, none of that matters, ya'll take the pile-on and run with it as if protecting the gospel, every time.

But, I get it, this discussion is about the faults and the "Dangers" of Biden, so ya'll must make it and keep it... about Trump!

11. abwilliams profile image68

That works as well.

12. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 3 weeks ago

Mike --    In my observation, I've witnessed significant indications that the current administration under Biden has weaponized various Federal agencies, including the FBI, DOJ, and quite possibly others like Homeland Security. This trend is deeply concerning to me. By utilizing these agencies for political purposes, it poses a grave danger to the foundations of our democracy.

The manner in which this administration has systematically and intentionally utilized these agencies is troubling. It appears to be a concerted effort to undermine the values and institutions that we, as a nation, have long held dear. The pace at which these actions are being taken risks normalizing such behavior, potentially leading many Americans to unwittingly align with the ideologies being promoted.

In my view, the consequences of this weaponization are dire. If not for the previous administration under Trump, we might already find ourselves in a society vastly different from what many of us would find acceptable or desirable. The erosion of trust in these crucial agencies and the manipulation of their powers for political ends threaten to unravel the fabric of our society. Hopefully, in 2024 we will see Trump back in the White House, and start fixing all this administration has done.

To offer examples of blatant weaponization would be a useless task and a waste of energy.

13. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

Credence: "What has changed to allow so many to now accommodate so much, today?"

24- hour news cycle, the advent of bloggers with no accountability, the repetitiveness of falsehoods to the point of acceptance, the fear that I might be wrong and someone else might be right, unlimited money in politics, a gross lack of statesmanship in elected officials . . .

Thanks for your considering my question.

Geez, Kathleen are people really that dumb? It is older people that give Trump the largest portion of his support. Are they so immersed in modern technology: internet, social media and faux news that they could not see the clear difference between the truth and a huckster? In previous generations, we have always been able to sort the wheat from the chaff. With the ubiquitous availability of information unprecedented in the past, I just thought that we all would be smarter. Thus, my disappointment.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

24- hour news cycle

Yup, never ending propaganda on all our MSM cable news channels.

the repetitiveness of falsehoods to the point of acceptance

Yup, CNN and MSNBC are still labeling Trump everything in the book, still pushing the 'Americans are the biggest threat to Democracy' mantra.

unlimited money in politics

Yup, the Democrats are swimming in that money, from China, Soros, and anyone else they can sell out to.

a gross lack of statesmanship in elected officials

Topped off with an Administration that fills its positions based on filling quotas... must make sure there are Trans, Gays, Non-Binary, etc. filling out the Administration, experience and ability be damned.

14. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

Credence: Another variable that just came to mind: Being defined by who you vote for instead of just making a choice between candidates. "I'm MAGA" or "I'm a Never Trumper" instead of "Who did you cast your ballot for?"

Don't give up on Americans ability to be smart. Two million more of them were in 2016. Seven million more of them were in 2020. Who knows how many more of them will be in 2024?!

"Don't give up on Americans ability to be smart. Two million more of them were in 2016. Seven million more of them were in 2020. Who knows how many more of them will be in 2024?!"

If the trend continues that is something to consider....

Do you ever wonder why President Donald Trump is leading in the polls as of April 8, 2024?

Trump v Biden: who’s leading the polls?

https://www.economist.com/interactive/u … iden-polls

The only poll that matters will be the one on the first Tuesday of November, 2024. Mike, I would not count my chickens until then as 6 months can be an eternity in politics.

I believe the only thing that truly matters is finding ways to overcome the new and different ways democrats cheat to win an election.  That is what wins elections for Republicans.

Yes, if Republicans don't win it has to be due to fraud by the Democrats? Is it possible that GOP policies and candidates fail on their own accord? Excuses won't save you come next November

2. tsmog profile image85
            tsmogposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I prefer the Biden vs. Trump compilation of 624 polls since Jan 3, 2023 at The Hill Election Center. For Apr 8 they have Trump at 46.0% and Biden at 45.2%. That is less than a 1% spread. The most recent poll on Apr 2-3 was by Emerson College having Trump at 46.4% and Biden at 45.4%.

Biden vs. Trump polls
            https://elections2024.thehill.com/natio … p-general/

The democrats have corrupted the American judicial system in a never ending quest for election interference.  The fact that President Donald Trump is up in some of the polls at this stage of the election is something incredible.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

Indeed it is incredible, it's evident, and this is precisely why we witness the Democrats essentially going all out. They simply fail to grasp that Americans prioritize America — not some new world order or global utopia. In general, Americans are resilient, value what we've constructed, and are beginning to comprehend the broader agenda the Democrats are attempting to dismantle. Consider the economy, traditional values, traditional morals, the insistence on accepting only what they dictate, and even Christianity.

Mike, shouldn't the overwhelming support for Trump among so many Americans serve as a reason for Democrats to carefully reconsider whom and what agenda they're backing?

Great points Sharlee, I was about to respond to Mike in a similar manner.
                  Trump has been pummeled and should be out for the count;
                  But for the people…
                  But for the prioritization of America…
                  But for traditional values/morals…

Dems should reconsider, but they are too mired in alternatives to America, to traditional values, to morals, etc.

I concur. Trump has faced relentless attacks and should technically be down for the count. But for those who prioritize America's well-being and hold onto traditional values and morals, he remains a beacon. Many, including myself, perceive him as an unconventional figure who speaks his mind unapologetically and confronts challenges head-on. With his America First Agenda, which he steadfastly adhered to during his time in office, he prioritized the interests of the nation and its people. Under his leadership, I felt secure and optimistic about the country's direction.

Despite facing numerous obstacles, he maintains his composure, campaigns tirelessly, and manages his responsibilities with resilience. His approach to handling Democrats reminds me of Muhammad Ali's "rope-a-dope" strategy—he lets them exhaust themselves with their attacks while he remains composed. I have faith in the American people, and I believe the majority aren't buying into Biden's vision of a "New America" or "Bimerica."

"But for those who prioritize America's well-being and hold onto traditional values and morals, he remains a beacon"

A beacon? For traditional values and morals? Are you serious?

I find it repulsive that a man would call a woman, repeatedly, "bird brain" disgusting that he would mock those with disabilities as he did when he mocked Biden's stutter and the movements of a disabled reporter.  A man who calls other human beings animals. A man who says half of the country are vermin that need to be rooted out.

Trump's character is abhorrent and I would think that those who were so outraged by Biden's Easter message would be just as outraged at Trump's disgusting speech and behavior.  He is certainly not someone who should be emulated.  Some may be willing to let go of their own standards in terms of morality but I'm not.   I'm not ready to lower my bar in terms of the character, ethics and morality I expect to see in the the leader of this country. Trump isn't fit for the job in any manner.  In my view, MAGA attempting to stand on the moral high ground is ludicrous.

15. abwilliams profile image68

I will never give up on America nor on the American people's ability to understand what saves a Republic and what destroys it.

16. Valeant profile image87

Claiming that Democrats cheat to win elections is just brainwashing and projection.  But, MAGA continues to anchor itself to election denialism - something the majority of Americans rebuked mightily in 2022.

17. Valeant profile image87

Yeah, the guy who blackmailed a foreign country for a fake investigation is the victim.
      The guy who used fraud in his business to hide damning information about himself during a presidential election is the victim.
      The guy who tried to steal a presidential election through fraud is the victim.
      The guy who lied to the government about having returned nuclear secrets is the victim.

Give us a break.

It's obvious millions of Americans don't see it that way.

But it is also obvious that there are millions of Americans who do see it that way, let's see who will prevail?

Yeah, it's obvious that millions of Americans may be in denial of the facts in order to support a criminal.  How sad is that?

...or, V, they have gathered the facts and can tell the difference between a real criminal and a manufactured one.

Man In Critical Condition After Hearing Slightly Different Viewpoint
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrz8YQunbOc

Oh Ken, this is too funny, especially because I was just suggesting  that V exit the circle of death......

Which must be why they still deny that Trump is a rapist.  Even Mike is on here omitting half of the testimony from witnesses to argue that case.

E. Jean Carroll?

The fact is she was after money and nothing else.

1. She waited 26 years until a wealthy democrat anti-Trump doner funded her case.
                2. NY changed the statute of limitations for her to bring the case.
                3. She claimed she had a dress that would validate her claim, until someone pointed out that type of dress didn't come out until two years AFTER the alleged rape.  Then, of course, the dates of the rape changed.
                4. This rape allegation started in a book she wrote and book sales amazingly went higher because of the false allegation.
                5. She is was interviewed by a magazine where she stated nobody raped her, she wouldn't let such a thing happen. Not permitted to be evidence.
                6. Anderson Cooper interview where she claimed all rape was a fantasy.  Not permitted to be evidence.
                7. No actual proof she ever saw President Donald Trump after a picture take 26 years earlier at a fundraiser where he took pictures with dozens of people,
                8. No proof at all, just hearsay evidence and the imagination of a judge.

When you add it all together, President Donald Trump is not a rapist but a case could be made for biden being a pedophile.  More than enough video evidence of him sniffing kids and making them uncomfortable.  Biden's own daughter admitted she would shower with him when she was a teenager in her diary.

biden appears to be a disturbed man.

In my research into Biden, I've uncovered numerous character flaws and what I'd describe as psychological issues, including what appears to be pedophilia. Despite the validity of the points you've raised, it seems that many are hesitant to engage in meaningful discussion on these matters. Each point you've made can withstand scrutiny, yet Biden's supporters often seem unwilling to engage in one-on-one debate. There's ample evidence available to substantiate the claims you offered.

I find mindset is the key to deciphering any issue. So I will share an example ---  Recently, I came across a thread on the HP forum where, in my view,  the mindset of A liberal supporter was on full display. The topic was centered around the perceived lies of Donald Trump. When I dared to mention Biden's own falsehoods, I was met with deflections, with the argument essentially boiling down to "Trump lies more." It's almost as if there's an imaginary scale where falling below a certain threshold of lies grants you a free pass. Go figure, right? The logic behind it all is quite baffling.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

I'm in agreement with the millions of Americans who believe Trump hasn't been given a fair shake. When accusations were flying against him, I took the time to dig deep and do my own research. What I found often was a media landscape that had twisted facts and conveniently omitted crucial details. Take the NY fraud case, for instance. It struck me as odd that there wasn't a clear victim driving the case, especially considering that similar practices were common in the real estate business, and banks were readily doling out loans.

Then there's the tricky matter of the rape case. As a woman, I naturally lean towards believing other women who come forward. But in the case of Carrol, my investigation uncovered some peculiarities. The timing of New York's law change to accommodate her filing seemed suspicious, to say the least.

We have a great divide in how we decipher accusations, what rings true to some, at times does not add up in the end.  I can say one thing, the conservatives seem to be more apt to look at all sides of issues concerning Trump, and we don't as a rule handle our conversations by resorting to using blanketing accusations that stifle out individuality.

"Take the NY fraud case, for instance. It struck me as odd that there wasn't a clear victim driving the case, especially considering that similar practices were common in the real estate business, and banks were readily doling out loans."

the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable.

The law, 63(12), has been used by Letitia James previously. Her office has used it to aim at a wide range of corporate giants: Exxon Mobil, the tobacco brand Juul and the pharma executive Martin Shkreli. 

This is not even Trump's first run in with this particular law. James’s predecessors used it in actions against Trump University, which paid millions of dollars to resolve the case.

"the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable."

Yikes!

In my view, this situation isn't settled until all legal avenues have been exhausted. I question the constitutionality of this old New York law. If Trump proceeds to the Supreme Court, it will likely compel them to consider the constitutionality of this law.

Not over until it's over...

Sharlee, I cannot get past a U.S. citizen posting,  "the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable", and the weight of that, what it means/represents, and not be outraged by it!
                  Maybe it's just me and my "libertarian tendencies"...lol

It is the actual law though?

I'm still baffled by that situation as well. It's disheartening to witness anyone justify such an unconstitutional law as fair or logical in any regard. In my opinion, this mindset is very un-American.

It seems to align with the belief that if someone lies less than another person, the one with fewer lies is essentially absolved. Sadly, nothing surprises me anymore.

1. IslandBites profile image89
                      IslandBitesposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

It's disheartening to witness anyone justify such an unconstitutional law as fair or logical in any regard.

Why do you consider it unconstitutional?

What's un-American is trying to defend someone who filed fraudulent documents in violation of laws.  Someone who fabricated the actual square footage of real estate by three times the size.  Someone who valued his Florida property based on residential usage when that ability had been signed away long ago.  Then someone who changed the valuation when reporting the same property for taxation purposes.

Just because there is no named victim does not mean that someone else was not entitled to the loan that Trump got based on his fraudulent filings.  Let alone that Trump should have gotten different rates if he had filed accurate statements - meaning that banks lost out on money due to this fraud.  They made money, but did not make the amount they should have if the information was accurate, hence the disgorgement of 'ill-gotten gains.'

2. Readmikenow profile image94

Why do people on the left fail to comprehend that what the "fraud" that President Donald Trump was convicted of doing is something that is done hundreds of times by hundreds of developers on a regular basis.

NO bank complained about the business dealings of President Donald Trump because everyone got paid back their loans in full.  They stated in court they would do business with him again.

HE is the only one they charged and convicted.  Why?

It's obvious.  Election interference.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

"the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable."

In debating this statement, it's worth noting that my initial comment wasn't about disputing the existence of a law. Rather, I was sharing my perspective on the optics of the case with Mike, using the NY fraud case as an example. It seemed peculiar to me that there wasn't a distinct victim at the forefront of the case, particularly when comparable practices were prevalent in the real estate sector, and financial institutions were freely extending loans.

18. abwilliams profile image68

You are caught up in a vicious, destructive circle and it isn't doing you any favors.

19. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

"The logic behind it all is quite baffling."

Another discussion most have given up on.

20. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

Willowarbor: There is a verse in the Bible and I'm sure other holy books offer the same advice: "Do not cast your pearls before swine."

Trying to defend ethical standards in decision-making on this site is wasted effort. I do applaud you for trying.

I get it, making  too much sense, so time to insult.
        Sticks and stones, blah, blah, blah...

LOL -- you got it.  Hit the wall, pull out the insults... Hey, we go high when they go low...   

My God, I was shocked to see anything even brought up concerning Gold Star Families in light of Biden's history with Gold Star Families. No time for long lists, facts seem more appropriate.
          https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5082625/ … fghanistan
          https://abcnews.go.com/International/go … =102885936
          https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-bi … rcna102436
          https://mast.house.gov/2024/3/they-arre … ily-member
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ZCE5-eyGE
          https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … eir-names/

This post will draw crickets...  Hard to dispute Gold Star families that share their views of Biden.

Did he call them suckers and losers though?  Trump made it very clear to many of those around him that he didn't really respect those who chose military service and certainly didn't want to see the wounded in public.

Come on ---   
              My comment pertained to Biden and the perspectives of certain Gold Star families regarding him. Biden bears responsibility for insulting several Gold Star family members, as my source illustrates. It seems you sidestepped my topic and chose not to address it. Or perhaps the fact that Biden has disappointed Gold Star families is a topic you prefer to avoid?

I'm fully open to discussing the subject raised in the comment. Are you? My intention isn't to defend Trump but to highlight what I perceive as shortcomings in the current president. I'm growing weary of the constant rehashing of Trump's past missteps—it feels like old news. There's plenty of recent news about Biden that deserves attention. I prefer to focus on the present,  I'm not willing to overlook what I believe is relevant in the here and now regarding the guy who lives in the White House presently.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

Again, those are allegations.  No actual proof he said any of those things.  The article from the Atlantic mentioned nobody who would go on record with such a claim.  Another democrat hoax.

I can say, from personal experience, many veterans and members of the military prefer President Donald Trump over biden in a big way.

"John Kelly confirms Trump privately disparaged U.S. service members and veterans"

In his statement, Kelly went on to describe Trump as “a person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’”

He also said Trump was not truthful about his true positions “on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women.”

Also, according to Gen. Milley, "Trump also tried to bar a wounded Army captain from public appearances after seeing the officer — who lost his leg to an IED attack in Afghanistan after five combat tours — sing “God Bless America” at a Virginia military base. The commander-in-chief reportedly said “no one wants to see that, the wounded.”

I tend to believe the statements coming from the people who worked with Trump closely.   These are credible people, Trump is not. Trump has shown himself to be a man of very low character and credibility. Many of those who worked with him agree.

From 2020..what did the troops think of Trump?

According to the well-regarded Military Times poll conducted in July-August of just over 1,000 troops of all ranks, his support among the military is about 38% with a favorable view and nearly 50% holding an unfavorable view, including 42% who “strongly” disapprove of his time in office.

https://time.com/5898258/trump-lost-support-military/
                https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … rcna118543

Once again, I'd like to express my sentiment. Do you have an opinion on the numerous Gold Star families who have voiced complaints about feeling insulted by Biden? It seems that you swiftly shifted the focus to Trump and the accusations involving Gold Star families. Could you address my concerns regarding Biden's alleged insults toward Gold Star families? There have been several instances reported. I can assure you that here on HP's Political forum, we extensively covered the reports about Trump's interactions with Gold Star families. However, there seems to be silence when it comes to Biden and his purported insults toward Gold Star families. Let's move beyond just repeating media reports about what Trump said and did regarding Gold Star families and delve into a debate. What actions has our current president taken concerning Gold Star families?
                  https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/360 … ost4326809

1. IslandBites profile image89
                    IslandBitesposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

It seems that you swiftly shifted the focus to Trump and the accusations involving Gold Star families. Could you address my concerns regarding Biden's alleged insults toward Gold Star families?

But that is exactly what you did. In fact, you were the first.

My God, I was shocked to see anything even brought up concerning Gold Star Families in light of Biden's history with Gold Star Families.

You didnt address Trump, but swiftly shifted the focus to Biden. Why complaining, then?

Both sides do the same.

Sharlee01posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

You seem to have omitted the full context of my conversation with Willow, as you often do. I did express my perspective on why I didn't address the issues she raised regarding the media's criticisms of Trump's statements about Gold Star families.    I didn't dispute or directly address them but rather shared my reasoning for not debating them. Which was the fact that the subject has been well debated here.   It's crucial to consider the following a full ongoing conversation and consider complete context, as selecting just a sentence or two can distort the perspective I intended to convey.

"Once again, I'd like to express my sentiment. Do you have an opinion on the numerous Gold Star families who have voiced complaints about feeling insulted by Biden? It seems that you swiftly shifted the focus to Trump and the accusations involving Gold Star families. Could you address my concerns regarding Biden's alleged insults toward Gold Star families? There have been several instances reported. I can assure you that here on HP's Political forum, we extensively covered the reports about Trump's interactions with Gold Star families. However, there seems to be silence when it comes to Biden and his purported insults toward Gold Star families. Let's move beyond just repeating media reports about what Trump said and did regarding Gold Star families and delve into a debate. What actions has our current president taken concerning Gold Star families?"

Did I divert from Kathleen's comment? I did, as most of us do here...    it is what led to Willow and my conversation, and her diversion.  As you see I was exemplified in my view that Trump had been well discussed regarding this issue, and that I hoped we could go on to discuss Biden concerning Glod Star families.  It would seem no one is interested in that subject...  Guess that says something glaring.

Are you willing to have a straightforward discussion about Biden and his interactions with Gold Star families? Because that's what I'm keen on discussing right now. Otherwise, I don't have much else to discuss with you. I've noticed a tendency for you to dissect others' views without delving deeply into the subject matter, which I find uninteresting in political debates. Criticizing the person is one thing, but straying from the topic is something I hope we can avoid. I hope that's clear.

Once again, I was quite surprised that someone would even bring up Presidents insulting Gold Star families, especially considering Biden's own history with Gold Star families. It doesn't seem like a wise move.

2. Willowarbor profile image58
                    Willowarborposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Trump made a blanket statement about those in the military. He disrespected them and truly insulted them by calling them suckers and losers.  Biden looking at his watch (which can be highly habitual for individuals)  or getting a name wrong doesn't even approach the words and behavior of Trump.

I have no problem sharing I am aware of Trump's statements you shared. I offered several links to share information on Gold Star Families' accusations concerning their issues with Biden.  Not just him looking at his watch. Although many families did have a problem with his gesture. Hopefully, you checked out my multiple links.     https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/360 … ost4326806

21. abwilliams profile image68

Because it is, there's a reason it hasn't been used for decades. It should have been removed long ago.

22. abwilliams profile image68

Okay....nothing to do with Hating on Trump, got it!

And we're back to accusing the other side of hate now?

It's the only explanation which makes any sense.

To Trump cultists, sure.  To people that don't believe that people should profit off of lies and fraud, there are simpler explanations.  But we on the left will be sure to accuse you of having hate in your heart for your criticisms of Biden then.  Seems only fair.

Engaging in conversation with those who persistently steer towards "Trump bad" seems rather futile.

Coming from someone who leads the amount of 'Biden bad' threads posted to these forums is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

What it really comes down to is staying updated with current news, particularly concerning the current president who holds the power to impact my life in the present moment.

And there is the admission that all you wish to discuss is the 'Biden bad' topics.  While many others feel that comparing the presidential records of the two men running for the same office is more than valid during an election year.

What, you divert...  Here is our conversation, which shows offers the subject I replyed to.

VALEANT WROTE:
                Coming from someone who leads the amount of 'Biden bad' threads posted to these forums is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

My reply ---  What it really comes down to is staying updated with current news, particularly concerning the current president who holds the power to impact my life in the present moment.

My only addition is that I prefer to stay updated on current news... Period  -- Due to how current issues affect my life.

You've veered off into a different direction in this conversation. As I've mentioned before, I rely on a pros and cons list to guide my voting decisions. In my view, Trump's performance outshines Biden's. That's where my stance lies. When it comes to governance and effectiveness, I believe America is facing serious issues due to inadequate leadership and perceived weaknesses, leading us down the wrong path. I also harbor no respect for the ideologies emanating from this current administration. This encapsulates my genuine sentiments. 

To be diplomatic, it's evident that we don't see eye to eye on beliefs, ideologies, or perspectives. We both have the right to hold our own views. It's clear that there's a lack of mutual respect for each other's perspectives. Perhaps it's best to conclude our conversation here.

Valeantposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

True.  And some of us will want to compare the two candidates.  But it appears that discussing the many faults, failures, and alleged illegal conduct by Trump tends to trigger his supporters to no end.  They get weirdly defensive whenever those comparisons get made around here.  Eso and I chalk it up to the brainwashing they've been subjected to, where criticizing the leader in any way, as we saw this week with Lindsey Graham, gets you kicked out of the cult.

3. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 3 weeks ago

These conversations among obstinate stone walls are futile. It is obvious that the opposing sides have NOtHING in common. The Right scrambles to find virtue in a man who does not have an ounce of integrity, while blaming Biden for everything but a rainy day. The Right said that the Left bashes Trump without reason, but every time Trump opens his mouth he reaffirms the worse on a daily basis. No one can have Trumps levels of criminality and yet be as innocent and pure as wind driven snow.

Even if I were nonpolitical, when I compare the records of Trump verses Biden, it would be easy to see which one I would stay away from.

We on the left simply need to resolve ourselves to defeat our adversaries with no holds barred, because you can bet that they will be pulling all stops.

Just my opinion...

1. profile image0
          savvydatingposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

That’s rich, coming from someone who was banned (for weeks) because of hate speech against Jews and other nationalists.

But it is not difficult to believe that you are dead serious when you say, “no holds barred.”

The great irony here is that Biden is a proven racist. Yet, you defend him without question, despite his long history of deception, indecency, plagiarism, and abuse of females, including his daughter.

But as long as he defends Hamas, as Biden does, what does the Left care?

The only problem with the Left’s love affair with this administration is that Hamas perceives all Americans as the part of the Great Satan. That includes you. That includes me. It includes all Americans.

If Sharia Law is enacted in the United States, you’ll think twice about your love affair with “progressive” ideals.

For the record, Biden cares nothing about decency. He is the useful idiot of those who have no respect for their constituents. Even now, he plans to use  non-citizens, as a reliable, but ignorant voting block…

“Dr.” Jill Biden and ole’ Joe thank you for your complete and utter loyalty, racists though they are.

Nuts......

4. abwilliams profile image68
        abwilliamsposted 2 weeks ago

What's the reasoning behind yours?

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
        Kathleen Cochranposted 2 weeks ago

RMN: He does go to the VA for his audiologist. Otherwise we are on Medicare and Tri-Care for Life. The coverage is the real retirement from the military benefit. It is awesome.

Readmikenowposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Then let me thank your husband for his service.  If you're on Tri-Care he put in his 20 years.

Kathleen Cochranposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

RMN: And for yours as well. He always says "It was a privilege."

6. Miebakagh57 profile image70
        Miebakagh57posted 2 weeks ago

May the fallen heroes rest-in-peace.                                                 Its best all American presidents, as a rule, copy Abraham Lincolm, in matters relateing to fallen soldiers.                                             Yes, Trump judge rightly. But the inference is clear...he didn't like soldiering, as he didn't like science. I pity him.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
        Kathleen Cochranposted 2 weeks ago

"Did I divert from Kathleen's comment? I did, as most of us do here...  "

So much for not being insulting.

(BTW: The weeks I participate in discussions here my article views go through the roof. Some are not being diverted - if I do say so myself.)

My intention wasn't to insult anyone. We all have moments when we veer off-topic and explore related aspects. It's simply a way of enriching the discussion by incorporating relevant angles into the main subject. I realize now that it would have been more accurate to say "most users." I stand corrected on that point.

It is also appropriate to point out a diversion to personally share --- "hey I want to discuss my thoughts a bit more... "   

And when quoting another one should quote the complete thought, not a few words out of a paragraph. This shares full context, not a skewed context. You skewed what I was sharing --- And due to your not understanding how to post a reply to given users... my context is back on another page. This gives anyone reading your message a false context of what I posted.  Your comments are left for users to guess who yo are replying to.

Here is the full paragraph that you grabbed a few of my words from. It well explains the concept of diverting. I give a full explanation of why I had hoped to return to the subject at hand.

"Did I divert from Kathleen's comment? I did, as most of us do here...    it is what led to Willow and my conversation, and her diversion.  As you see I was exemplified in my view that Trump had been well discussed regarding this issue, and that I hoped we could go on to discuss Biden concerning Glod Star families.  It would seem no one is interested in that subject...  Guess that says something glaring."

" And due to your not understanding how to post a reply to given users.."

Guilty as charged. Don't know why I find this site so confusing - others I'm on are not.

So,, riddle me this: I go to the HP site. I see a recent comment. I go to the original discussion and the comment is not there. I try refreshing. It is still not there. So I reply to the recent post.

How do you reply when the comment doesn't show up on the original discussion?

I have had that happen a couple of times. I return to the thread and wait a few minutes and as a rule, the comment will be added to the comment I was responding to. I think this can happen due to a slight site glitch at times.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70
                Miebakagh57posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Truth is being told.

Sharlee: Thanks. I'll try to be more patient . . . try.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)