Delete Hubs from our A/C Page When Moved to Niches?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jean Bakula profile image92
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

Forgive me if this has been answered. Do you delete your hubs from the HP A/C page once they are moved to niches? I know we can use the "filter" feature to see what has been moved to what niche site, so can just use that to see what is still on HP and not moved. Then we can decide if older hubs are worth salvaging or if a rewrite can make it acceptable and up to standards.

I just wondered what others do.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Your account page lists all your Hubs, whichever site they are on.   If you delete a Hub from your account page, you delete the Hub completely, no matter which site it's on!

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Marisa,
      OMG! I was considering deleting what I wrote on HP once it went to the niches, because my A/C page is so cluttered looking. I want to see at a glance what's worth saving or trashing. Thanks for the warning. I put so many hours into what I wrote.

It is OK to Unpublish for a while, as I fix up or rewrite a hub, yes? I have a few where I think I can successfully take two hubs and make it into one better one.

Take care,
      Jean

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No.  Any benefit Google gives to age will be lost.  And any copies out there are now older than yours; you will lost control of your hub and become the plagiarist rather than the thief that stole it.

You cannot unpublish and republish a hub while retaining the benefits of the original publication date.  And that includes ownership.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think you're misunderstanding Jean's post, Wilderness.

She thought that once a Hub was moved to the niche sites, she could delete it from her "My Account" page.  As you know, that would be a disaster because that would delete the Hub from the niche site.

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Maybe.  I was looking at "It is OK to Unpublish for a while, as I fix up or rewrite a hub, yes?".

I understood her question as to niche vs stats page, but this seemed like a different question entirely.

2. Jean Bakula profile image92

Thanks Marisa and Dan,
          I asked the question about deleting a hub from our HP A/C page if it was on a niche first.

Later I asked about unpublishing so I could combine two hubs into one better one.

So you were both right. Marisa answered the first question, then I asked the other one about unpublishing to work on hubs.

You've both saved me from making a big mistake.

2. Titia profile image91
        Titiaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I leave the unfeatured hubs (traffic) be and only unpublish hubs that need a complete overhauling. I just deleted some (after saving them) that I didn't want to put more time in.

3. newbizmau profile image85
    newbizmauposted 6 years ago

Marisa Wright,
    Thanks for answering that because I was confused by the question and what A/C page meant. I assumed it meant account page but I didn't know why Jean would want to delete her Hub. You are right if you delete it there it is gone completely.

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Thank goodness you asked first!  The only thing you can do is use the "filter" button.

That's for sure! You saved me from my "clean it all up" move!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)