Have any of your hubs been moved to the new sites yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 8 years ago

Have any of your hubs been moved to the new sites yet?

Just curious if anyone's "niche" hubs have been moved to the new sites.  Thank you for answering.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12878993_f260.jpg

2. MarieLB profile image74
    MarieLBposted 8 years ago

Nothing here, Faith Reaper.  will it be to our advantage, I wonder/

I would also add, that whatever scheme they come up with never seems to come my way.

Faith Reaperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi MarieLB,  Thank you for answering here.  I am assuming we will be notified if they do move a hub to one of the other sites, obviously?  I think they should provide a link to our regular HP account if they do move a hub.

2. Justin Breeze profile image69
      Justin Breezeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They notify you when it's moved. You can still access it through your HP account but clicking on it will take you to the new site smile

3. Shadrack2 profile image44
    Shadrack2posted 8 years ago

not yet. But am so used to hubpages, not sure if I can adopt the new sites so easily.

Yes, me too.  I am so used to HubPages, I can't see myself on any other sites.  Thank you for answering.

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 8 years ago

Not sure if I have any niche hubs? Most of mine are related to poetry, literature and travel and art - not the most popular online search subjects - so am waiting with suspense to see what HP do!!

I presume they'll notify the  writer in some way should they move a hub to a new niche site? All fascinating stuff. Let's hope they pull it off.

1. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where can I read up on this new scheme?

2. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hi Andrew, yes, not sure if I have any of what would qualify to be moved to the other sites either. Hi Eric, it was in a recent HP weekly email.

5. Genna East profile image82
    Genna Eastposted 8 years ago

Good question, Faith.  A couple of my hubs have garnered more traffic (The Breaking Bad Finale and Downton Abbey), but these are clearly defined in topic headings.  I don't know how to check if others have been moved.

Wow, Genna, thst is great! Yes, not sure how to check that either but seems HP should notify you?

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Nope. I don't have any Hubs in either of those particular niches.

As soon as they get around to starting up those heavy metal music and trashy-movie sites, though, I'm golden! smile

Hahaha Keith, maybe they will take you up on your niches! I can't rememver the niches they want except the tattoo one?

7. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

Theresa.....I believe the other niche mentioned was "Pets."   I certainly have no specific niche.  I can't even imagine limiting my topics to the same theme.  I write about anything & everything.

Do you know, does this mean that our hubs that are placed in specific Niches will no longer appear on our Account page or profile pages?

I simply cannot keep up with all the changes, so I don't even try.  I am one of those meandering hubbers who is just happy to be able to have this site as an outlet for my passion for writing, reading, learning & "people."   I make only minimum earnings and I don't expect to set the world on fire here!  LOL

It will be interesting to see where (what niches) some of our hubs will end up.

Obviously, since we have no say in any of this, it will do no good to object or complain.  It's almost like we here at HP are in the Military!

Peace & love, Paula

Hi Paula, well, look at you there, so cute!  I love your new profile picture. I usually write non-fiction, except every once in a while. I believe they will be moved from our account page, but not real sure? LOL you certainly have a way with words!

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, mine is still at HP and if I sign in which I have to I am still at HP!

3. Faith Reaper profile image84

Oh, wow, Jackie, thank you for sharing that as none of us seemed to know! That is very interesting. Keep us updated on anything else.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85

To clarify that I stay signed in to HP but now I do not stay signed into that hub, if I want to go into it I have to sign into it each time even if I am already signed into HP.

5. Faith Reaper profile image84

Oh, really. But it is still on HP at the moment is what you're saying. Is it showing up on your statistics page?

6. Jackie Lynnley profile image85

Yes everything is the same except when I go to it I am not signed into HP and have to sign in to go into it for editing. Which maybe I should not have been doing but a word was misspelled.

7. Faith Reaper profile image84

That is interesting. So it is the "snipped"  version of your hub. Steange about the misspelled word though.

8. Jackie Lynnley profile image85

They changed the summary and things like that, took out an ad which I had only forgotten to remove and I liked it. Don't know how much more they did. Haven't looked it over good but I am OK with it. I just still don't know what it is all about. lol

9. Faith Reaper profile image84

Oh, okay, at least it doesn't sound like they butchered up your hub so that is great. Yes, not sure about how it all works either. I guess it will be a process.

8. EssexKnightsHubs profile image61
    EssexKnightsHubsposted 8 years ago

No, my hubs are about reading and books.

Awesome!

9. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

no idea, but how do I know my hubs were moved? Do those hubs still stay here at hubpages or those sites they had mentioned?

Good question, peachy.  Surely, they would notify you if they moved your hubs to one of the other sites?  I believe they do not stay on this site, but I could be wrong.

10. bravewarrior profile image88
    bravewarriorposted 8 years ago

How will we know if anything's been moved? Will the titles still appear on our profile page?

Hi Shauna, m as brothers is a forum somewhere that answers your question, abd I would like to know too.

It still appears to be at HP but when I go to it I am not signed in so would have to sign in again to go to it but it is still HP with the same look. Maybe they will change all that later.

3. bravewarrior profile image88
      bravewarriorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

2 of mine have been moved to a niche site. Den-something-or other. One was my review of a mattress topper and the other was how to organically maintain your septic tank. Both went to the same niche site.

4. Faith Reaper profile image84
      Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Sha, that is great!  Two going to the same site.  I am finding the site names interesting too.  They are a lot different for sure.  I only have one hub that was moved to Calorie Bee LOL

5. Justin Breeze profile image69
      Justin Breezeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes! The titles still appear on your profile page and in your account. Clicking on it will simply take you to the other site smile

11. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years ago

Yes, just today! My hub 'How to Make a Beautiful Goldfish Pond.'
    I didn't even know anything about all this. Will be interesting to see if it makes a difference and what that would be.
    Thanks for suggesting I mention it here! I don't really know what it is all about and since that hub does not have ads I am surprised they even chose it because how does it benefit them? Guess we will have all that clear eventually. lol

That is awesome, Jackie! I have always loved that hub, so I'm glad it will get a lot more attention on the new site. They say it has to be a high quality hub to be chosen.

Well it was my own photos (ones I really love too) and this is the first time that might have mattered. Never know! Glad you liked it. All those flowers are poking up right now! Won't be long.

3. Faith Reaper profile image84

Oh, you mean they removed your own  photos? Hope not!  I bet yi yt? Needful hub about a child's garden may be chosen too. It is fabulous.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85

No they didn't remove them but what I was saying is although they have always pushed us to use our own I have never seen any benefit in it and I know my photos are good but just saying perhaps in this case it helped me make the grade.

5. Faith Reaper profile image84

Oh! That makes a lot of sense.  Your photos are always beautiful and add so much, especially a hub like this one.  This is the perfect example why using your own photos when possible is best!

12. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Yes, one of my hubs on Whofest (Dr. Who convention) was moved to a scifi themed site, while articles on when they can sell your car when you didn't pay the storage bill was moved to the car site.

Oh, how interesting, Tamara.  That is so cool about Dr. Who!  I had one hub moved to the Calorie Bee site.  The site names are different to say the least.

13. Justin Breeze profile image69
    Justin Breezeposted 7 years ago

I recently had a new hub moved over to ToughNickel.com, which is apparently a business/leadership site. I received a notification and email letting me know it was selected and moved. Additionally, they snipped one of the pictures for optimization reasons. It may be pretty standard but for now I'm ignorantly flattered smile

Hahah, Justin, I love that, "ignorantly flattered" as am I when they moved one of mine too. Yes, don't sweat the snip of one photo.  The new niche sites sure do have a lot of different names.  Mine went to Calorie Bee.  Congrats!

14. profile image0
    JohnPLyonsposted 6 years ago

I think my answer is YES but I'm not sure what are the "new sites"
    ...could you give a bit more info?

Have yours been moved?

Faith Reaperposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I'm referring to all the new (not so new now) sites like LetterPile where they move your hubs to under certain categories but still remain on HubPages too. Yes, under CalorieBee

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)