How to Barbecue Hamburgers?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

How to Barbecue Hamburgers?

I'm looking for a great recipe to barbecue hamburgers.  We don't cook them often, but they tend to fall apart and stick to the grill.  I've solved the sticking part, but not the falling apart issue.  Also, my burgers don't taste that good.

2. profile image0
    KStyleposted 14 years ago

Paul, this is definately a Food For Thought Question!
    I'm glad you asked. 
    Glue the ground beef/veal/chicken by using an egg in the mixture. Eggs are nik named the " Chef's glue "  You can also brush them with a bit of honey or maple syrup before you put them on the grill. 
    Bon Appetit`!

3. miss jOjO profile image60
    miss jOjOposted 14 years ago

okay darling, throw this in your pattys:
    tiny bit of mayo (makes it fluffy)
    breadcrumbs (Keeps it in a perfect mold)
    Raw Egg (holds it together)

also, when grilling, press your thumbs in the center to create a bowl looking shape, it keeps it from looking weird shapped when grilled.

happy cooking!

4. Small town fella profile image67
    Small town fellaposted 14 years ago

Mr Edmondson,

Take 2lbs of ground beef place it in a bowl.  Add and egg.
    Set the mixture to the side.

Cut your favorite flavor of blocked cheese into roughtly 1/4" cubes.

Make yourself a smaller than normal hamburger patty and place three of the cheese cubes on the center of it. (you can also add whatever else you like, ex. Mushrooms, bacon..)

Make another hamburger patty that is just slightly larger than the first.  Use this patty to cover your cheese.  Use a Fork to pinch the edges of the burger together.

Add a little salt and pepper and you have made yourself a delicious stuffed hamburger.

5. Mrwinston profile image61
    Mrwinstonposted 14 years ago

as a high volume cook with 4 yrs of experience in the kitchen i cant say i know it all but i know the secret to grilling the best melt in your mouth hamburgers you will ever bite into

get you  about 2 lb's of beef you can feed about 4-8 people

with this amount of beef you can shape and mold about 8 patties that are a pretty good size for each person

add 1 egg to the ground beef and mix them together until they are well blended

add a dash of salt and pepper to each patty after you have properly molded them

put them on the grill mediumhigh heat for 4 1/2 minutes on each side (only flip them once!!!! the mistake many cooks make is that they will flip or smash the burger dry which will take the taste out of it and also cool it down faster once taken off of the grill

enjoy your perfectly grilled burgers

i also have the secret to making a very complimentary sauce to any redmeat you want to cook incase you have a special social gathering and you want to impress your friends, bosses, family etc....

all you need is

1/4 heinz 57 sauce
    1/4 A1 barbecue sauce
    1/8 mustard
    1/8 ketchup
    dash of tobasco sauce
    2 tblspn's of sugar

get the heinz 57 as well as the a1 sause to a high temp on medium heat

once the two sauces have heated add the mustard, and the rest of the ingredients

take it off of the heat once all of the ingredients have mixed and enjoy your sauce.

6. young_chef85 profile image62
    young_chef85posted 14 years ago

Hi Paul! I might be able to help you with your problems. One issue is the sticking. I reccomend using either a non stick spray, or using a towel with oil on it on your grates before you start cooking. That will help prevent sticking.

As for the taste. I put chopped garlic and a bbq seasoning on the outside of my burgers before I cook them. This could add more flavor to your burgers. But I say experiment. See what you like best. I hope this helps you out a bit.

7. GusTheRedneck profile image62
    GusTheRedneckposted 13 years ago

Paul - If you are thinking of sprinkling spices (pepper, garlic, onion, etc.) on the outside of the patties after you toss them onto the grill, instead of that, mix them into the insides when you form your patties. No burnt spices and lots of flavor...

8. JDove-Miller profile image76
    JDove-Millerposted 13 years ago

I simply use salt and pepper then mix in an egg for consistency and steak sauce for added taste.  Flip them often. The real key to flavor is to not leave the burgers on the grill after they're done.  This overcooks them and makes them tasteless.  Good luck.

9. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6183538_f260.jpg

Paul have you ever had a Juicy Lucy. It is a real popular way to barbecue hamburgers right now here in the Southeastern U.S.A.

You take eight ounces of hamburger and form it into two equal patties. On the top of the bottom Pattie of meat you place a folded up piece of real cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles. Then you put the other piece of hamburger on top and you seal the edges and grill your burgers until done and then serve as you normally would. Its real important that you seal the two pieces of hamburger together well so that none of the cheese runs out on the grill.

I like to make grilled onions to serve on my burgers. Warn people that they are going to bite into hot cheese inside their burger. Most people love the Juicy Lucy made this way though it can be messy. Try it and let me know what you think.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)