Why Are Christians Unable To Defend One Of Their Own Or Their Own Faith, Like Th

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Why Are Christians Unable To Defend One Of Their Own Or Their Own Faith, Like The Muslims Does?

Defending one of their own or own faith should include all manner of tools at ones disposal.

2. fireball* profile image60
    fireball*posted 14 years ago

I dis  agree, not all Christians unabled to defend thier faith.Because I can defend it and I will stand what I believe even in the land of Muslims.
    I work at Dubai for 8 years as nanny,I am a Roman Catholic and a religious person.After a few months of working,its just okay..until one evening,the lady went inside my room and when she saw i was praying,she turn off the lights.I was shocked and devastated but I continued praying in the dark.In the morning,i waited the lady when she woke up,and I asked her if I can asked her something..she agreed.
    So then,i asked her why she turn off the lights even when she saw i was praying,she did not answered so i continued.You know Madam, that when you accepted me to work with your family..I am a Catholic.I was praying in the room and that was time to sleep so i did not do anything wrong.If you have God,I do have also,and if you think that we have different Gods you are wrong,because there is only one God.So,if you don't like me,send me home to my country and if you still want me to work with you then respect my faith and religion because i respected yours.
    So that was it,I worked with her family for 8 years,though they all convinced me to turned myself to become a muslim,but ..I just replied..to become a muslim would not make any difference for me because we only have one God.
    I think the people who can not defend thier faith are still have doubts of what they believe,they are not sure what they believe for.But true believers knows who and what they believe in.

3. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

Muslims are defending nothing, not even their belief system. They cant even believe in a god that did anything for them. If they did have a god that did something for them then, they have a reason to trust God, fortunately Jesus Christ is the only one (God) that did anything. God is our strength, and he it is that will defeat the enemy and cast down all that reject him. Only a fool thinks he can protect his god.

4. profile image0
    jcmmanuelposted 14 years ago

Christians have often had a problem with political secularism, in that they started to believe that secularism meant, not only to separate the power of the church from state power, but also that the voice of faith should not be heard in public. That was a mistake (probably imposed by ideological atheism - as in France - which is not the same as *historical atheism*, which is much more compatible with freedom of religion). Islam has brought back many Christians to the reality of faith being a public factor (not a political factor of power, but a moral power within society). This is one of the things where muslim believers deserve some credits I think.

Regarding the question of defense: Christianism is, generally speaking, in much better shape for defense, because it has already survived 200 years of serious bible criticism etc. The Bible also is a historical book, so it has its roots in a real history (be it that the accounts must be put to the test, because of some mistakes slipped into its pages etc). The Koran however is a recital, and depends entirely on the Jewish & Christian historical accounts for its own historical foundation.

5. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years ago

I would venture to say that you believe this to be true because you "hear" more about Muslims defending their faith than you "hear" about Christiasns defending their faith....

More media attention doesn't mean that there is more activity.

6. affishv profile image61
    affishvposted 14 years ago

Because most of the current day christians are namesake christians. The parents do not teach the word of god and children don't learn on their. Most of the families do not even go to church. Muslims are taught from their young age on their religion. But there are mighty Christian apologists and christian apologetics is branch of Christianity which one can gain more knowledge to defend the faith.

7. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

in a free society where so many religeons exist or non-exist it is probably tougher to stay as strict  to ones specific religeon because so many other  free culture ways are LET to be promoted as right and cannot defend every ground or stance on an issue. However it is probably easier to keep a stricter  religeon where the whole society has only one faith. The split between Sunni and Shiite in the Muslim world  may still exist but to pronounce atheism  there , would be  probably death.  In America  Theist and atheist  must BY SECULR LAW ( not religeous law ) not interfere withh each others rights so their is no oneness in religeous stance to defend upon,  in America as there is in the Muslim world.

8. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Those are two separate questions aren’t they. Defend one of my own as in defend a member of my family or defend another Christian?

9. christinecook profile image61
    christinecookposted 14 years ago

My God is able to defend Himself,we all can talk till we are blue in the face,manipulate words and data to make ourselves look better. But Jesus is real,I know and so do es every other Christian.We know Him,He answers prayers,we are witness to miracles,I do not have to defend Him.I know Him personally

10. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 14 years ago

faith is a personal relationship with God. all a person can do is tell people about God and for people to listen. 2 Timothy 2 vs 23 reads don,t have anything to do with foolish and stupid argument because YOU KNOW THEY PRODUCE QUARRELS. and the Lord's servant must not quarrele; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach ,not resentful. ..  you teach about the Lord and seek God blessing not mans

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)