Gay Marriage/ Sex/ Open Marriages

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Raven1001 profile image61
    Raven1001posted 13 years ago

Gay Marriage/ Sex/ Open Marriages

It may remind me of a child’s question I can’t help but wonder WHY?
    The enforcement of morality has always confused me. I’m refer only to those behaviors of consenting adults that do not cause harm to anyone else.  Ex: gay marriage, religion,  sex before marriage,  cursing, open marriages, etc 
    Can’t remember the movie, but a sentence that accurately, if crudely, sums up my feelings  “ If I’m wrong can’t you just be content that I’ll burn in hell??”
      Some of these things make me uncomfortable but why should my comfort level dictate how someone else lives their life?

2. profile image0
    dracaslairposted 13 years ago

gays should be allowed to marry because you cant help who fall for.need to be a adult for sex period.open marraiges can fail easy.its different strokes for different folkes.

3. Doc Snow profile image87
    Doc Snowposted 13 years ago

I've never understood why adherence to morality under duress is considered by some to be a virtue.

Surely, to be a virtue it should be freely embraced, not merely acceded to out of fear?

If so, then I think we should accept and respect the (non-harmful) personal choices of others.

4. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4039070_f260.jpg

Most people feel this way for two reasons. One, they have been taught to think this way and two, they live in constant fear of the unknown. Same reasons people still believe in the pagan based religions of the world. The belief that my God who we can't prove exists, trumps your God, who we can't prove exists, proves what? I'll give you a hint, it also proves that there are still multitudes of people who will stop their forward progress in life, turn completely around and run the other way simply because, a black cat spilled some salt and then walked under a ladder right in front of them.

It proves that a large percentage of people have made the conscience decision to go thru life with out one single coherent thought of their own.

5. The Demon Writer profile image60
    The Demon Writerposted 13 years ago

Who cares if gays can marry? If you don't like it, don't do it. Simple as that.

6. meow48 profile image65
    meow48posted 13 years ago

hummmnnn.  i thnk anyone should be allowed to marry... i mean perhaps the gay marriage influence might change the percentage of divorce rate in this country, right now, at least last i heard, over fifty percent of heterosexual marriages end in divorce.  just a thought......

7. mannyrolando profile image61
    mannyrolandoposted 13 years ago

Stump Parrish said it best! I agree 100%

8. The Mad Aunt profile image58
    The Mad Auntposted 13 years ago

I'm not sure anyone should marry. What does it mean? Isn't it some kind of religious ceremony, or was? I think the concept of marriage has been watered down, it's just a big show now. I find that immoral, in some ways. I think we've all got totally different morals and ideas of what is right and wrong. It comes from our upbringing and environment. Someone who has been brought up in a liberal family will either have more tolerance or less.  Many who are brought up in strictly moral families may rebel and find their own level of morality.  I've found that my morals have changed. I used to think it was cool to get drunk. Now I know it isn't. I used to think all people who committed crime were bad. Now I don't, I just wonder why they went that way.  I don't think your comfort level should dictate how someone lives their life, but equally, I think if you believe they are damaging themselves, you could speak.

9. Tony L Smith profile image53
    Tony L Smithposted 12 years ago

If you can't see the pattern, then love has shaken foundations. I am very acceptable of most liberal things when they are truly freedom. Some things called freedom are just bondage we are trying to dress up pretty.

10. profile image0
    BethDWposted 12 years ago

I have asked the same question myself multiple times over the last few months...My partner and I just got engaged, and we're struggling with the judgement we know we're going to receive as a married gay couple. I'm lucky to live in a country where gay marriage is legal, but there are still certain groups and people fighting to reverse legalization. I don't understand why me marrying my partner has anything to do with their lives or their level of happiness...I really don't understand how some people can get so riled up about the life choices of people they don't even know. Evangelical Christianity makes me uncomfortable, but I'm not picketing at churches to make evangelism illegal. They have the right to their lifestyle and I have the right to mine. Claiming that 'marriage' is a religious institution is complete crap, in my opinion. It's a legal institution, people of all different faiths get married and people of no faith (athiests, agnostics) get married as well. We're not preventing those people from getting married, and they don't live their lives in accordance to biblical teachings. So why are so many people against same sex couples marrying? If you don't want these weddings happening in your churches fine, we don't want to get married in your churches anyway! Why would gay people want to get married in churches that preach homophobia?Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll stop here. But yes, I often find myself wondering WHY as well...

11. sickdub profile image60
    sickdubposted 10 years ago

there are many ways to live a human life, why do we need everyone to fit into a nice little preconception of how things should be?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)