How long does it take to learn affiliate marketing?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. wordsscriber profile image59
    wordsscriberposted 13 years ago

How long does it take to learn affiliate marketing?

2. liljen23 profile image75
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Wordsscriber it takes a while. I know some things about it myself and I am still learning. I believe long as you know how to market yourself, you are fine. I wrote a hub about it..

http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Extra-Mone … -Marketing

3. Sterling Carter profile image61
    Sterling Carterposted 13 years ago

Affiliate marking is just that MARKETING.  If you know how to market you are good to go. I would suggest that you try writing articles and having that drive traffic to your affiliate link.

The great thing about affiliate marketing is that you only have to presell the product and get people to opt into a newsletter of something like that. Once they are on the list the sales letters and everything else needed to complete a sale are already taken care of. It is a great way to make money.

4. paraonline profile image58
    paraonlineposted 13 years ago

Affiliate marketing is nothing but the promotion of affiliate products means selling others products online. One can earn money easily through affiliate marketing ; but you have to know how to market the products.

You have to apply the business strategies to be in top of Internet world!!

You can learn easily through online instead of learning do simultaneously learning and applying then only you can understand what is what in the Online Marketing!

5. WendyVegas profile image59
    WendyVegasposted 13 years ago

If you have good training, it shouldn't take that long for you to start making money fairly quickly.  There is a learning curve so dont waste your time and money until you know what to market and how to market those products.

6. Attention Getter profile image61
    Attention Getterposted 13 years ago

Honestly I found that if you haven't had previous experience in online marketing then it can be hard to figure out which route to take that works best for you and your marketing. You have to get a finger on the pulse of what works and what doesn't.

But you learn as you go and it's a fun process to figure out what works and what doesn't - at least I think so smile

7. profile image57
    isomanposted 13 years ago

You could set up in a day depending on whether you already have a product/service or not.  I mean you could go to clickbank.com, pick up a product and an affiliate link and start promoting on social networks, google, yahoo and many other places.

The best way is to find someone who is very successful at it. Why re-invent the wheel, just improve it.

If you do not have a product then it could take sometime depending on how much time you want to put in a day. Just be patient, stay focussed and the money will come.

8. parliament profile image57
    parliamentposted 13 years ago

Technicaly, you can start earning money in 15 minuets., but I suggest to anyone who wants to learn internet marketing to start with google adwards and learn it well. don't do anything else. you will get lost.
    The reason is that internet is all about keywords, and adwords is the best way to learn about how to use them.
    It is allso the fastest way to get the best targeted traffic and earn money right away.
    Good Luck.

9. thatgirl10 profile image60
    thatgirl10posted 13 years ago

I have a website that will help you, I designed it for newbies so they wouldn't sign up to any scam programs. Have a read I know it will help you get started
    www.trafficzone2020.com.

10. edwards101 profile image79
    edwards101posted 13 years ago

It takes about as much as you need to finish researching the net for training, tips and..so on... I'd say...maybe 24 hours! you wont be an expert though...you will have the basic knowledge to start making money!
    You can't really first LEARN marketing and THEN apply your knowledge! Best knowledge comes from own experience!
    What you need are some general idea about what affiliate market is and how you can make money with it! That is it! Obviously, the "Gurus" will tell you that you must buy  their eBooks to be successful and so on! Better try it without buying other people's experience...and if you still can't succeed, go ahead and buy "experience"!....

11. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 13 years ago

The concept of affiliate marketing takes only a minute to understand. You earn a commission when you promote products for someone else. It's that simple.

The part that's confusing and challenging is the marketing. Because there are several ways you can market online:

Article Marketing (Hubpages, Squidoo, Ezine Articles)
    Blogging
    Email Marketing
    Paid Advertising
    Video marketing
    Social Media Marketing (Facebook and Twitter)

Any time you are writing content, you have to take into account search engine optimization: keyword research, backlinks, ranking, niche market, niche competition, etc. That's more labor-intensive.

Beginners can lose money and waste time because they are overwhelmed by all of these techniques and information overload when they go at it alone.

It's much better if you invest in a training program and learn the basics. They're not expensive. They've got good ones online right now. Video tutorials and all that.

To caveat all that, I will say this: If you specialize in a niche that doesn't involve biz opportunities or make money online programs, like if you promote shoes from Amazon or something like that, the chances of you making money are higher.

Some internet marketing coaches may specialize in one technique over an another, but that's fine. As long as you understand the concept and what they teach you, then you're ahead of the power curve.

I wrote a Squidoo Lens about one training course that, in my mind, has the best teacher hands down for teaching newbies about affiliate marketing: http://www.squidoo.com/Internet-Marketi … -Beginners

If all you can do with a computer is email and surf the net, this guy is the teacher for you. I highly recommend him.

12. sixfigurecash profile image58
    sixfigurecashposted 13 years ago

Has with everything in life it is a continual learning cycle. But in affiliate marketing there are certain priniciples that work and can be repeated to maximise profits. What really annoys me on the internet is the amount of particularly poor advice on what systems to use to make money, so much so that decided to write a No Nonsense Guide To Affiliate Marketing which sets the record straight. There is no fluff or filler but just straight hard facts of how to apply the most effective affiliate marketing tactics to make money online. You can check out the guide at http://www.getrichaffiliatemarketing.com

13. profile image51
    kwakingposted 13 years ago

The concept is very easy...promote other peoples products. But like anything else you need to research those who are hungry for which products and where to market. Some few ideas can be found in my hub affiliate marketing 101 @

http://hubpages.com/hub/Affiliate-Programs-101

Enjoy!

14. sfpodiatrist profile image59
    sfpodiatristposted 12 years ago

I bet you could get paid on something within 2 weeks!  Just be methodical about your steps!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)