What is more challenging, being a skinny guy or a fat guy?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Valeed profile image69
    Valeedposted 13 years ago

What is more challenging, being a skinny guy or a fat guy?

By skinny I mean a person who has almost no meat on himself.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4338299_f260.jpg

2. Right On Time profile image60
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

Fat - because skinny can be accessorised. And don't worry, when you pass 25 eating today's food, you will gain plenty of "meat".  Work on a six pack.

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

I'd say that skinny is always more attractive than obesity - but each to our own, of course.

4. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

What do you mean with challenging? More challenging to stay fat or to stay skinny? Or more challenging to deal with life's situations as a fat or skinny guy?

5. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Being overweight is much more challenging in every way.

6. Thesource profile image68
    Thesourceposted 13 years ago

It is simple.

If you are living in the US it is challenging to be skinny for most.
    If you are living is some poor third world country it is more challenging to be fat.

7. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 13 years ago

Skinny is good.  Skinny people statistically live longer while fat people have all kinds of health problems.

Being fat is harder in all ways.  Clothes are harder to find, walking and running is difficult.  And I've never figured out how very fat people find the hole in a toilet or don't break the seat.

8. Beani profile image59
    Beaniposted 13 years ago

being a fat guy is probably more challenging.  Harder to loose the weight

9. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image50
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 13 years ago

It is easier to gain some weight and build few muscles then to loose weight and return normal shape to the body that was for years overweight and ill due to the consequences of being overweight.
    Of course, if "skinny" means that somebody suffers from anorexia, or malnutrition, then we talk about something else here.

10. Iontach profile image69
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

When it comes to basically everything I say being a skinny guy would be less challenging!
    Fit into most clothes, don't have to buy so much food, can do things faster, have better luck with dating, have less health problems generally, etc... etc...

11. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

A skinny guy managing a fat spouse is always more challenging!

12. mcrawford76 profile image90
    mcrawford76posted 13 years ago

I've never been a "skinny" man - I've been over 200 lbs most of my life. And personally there is nothing in the world that would make me want to be skin and bone. I'd rather be able to move people out of my way than be run over. And any woman who would prefer 130 lb whimp over a 220 lb man is insane.

13. profile image31
    SimonS12posted 13 years ago

both are challenging in different aspects. but i'd say being a fat guy is much more challenging since it's more difficult to lose weight than to gain weight. not to mention the health risks associated of being fat than being skinny. it also depends on the person on how he deals with it.

14. Hunbbel Meer profile image74
    Hunbbel Meerposted 13 years ago

Being fat is far more problematic and dangerous.

Apart from the serious issues, you never gonna know that your trouser which is almost been buried under the fat merry-go-round belly, is gonna burst or slip =P

15. profile image57
    Wayne Wposted 13 years ago

hmm if I have to choose, it is definitely more challenging being a fat guy.

First, if you are skinny and want to grow fat, just endure for 3 months and stuff yourself with food. You will definitely grow. However, if you are fat, it is a torture to lose weight, and it's harder to lose weight fast. This is a simplistic way of answering since this is just a comment not a hub lol.

Secondly, fat people face more derision than skinny people in many cultures and societies.

So it is definitely more challenging being fat, though I won't really know since I am an ectomorph haha

16. videprocouk profile image60
    videprocoukposted 13 years ago

Being a fat guy is more challenging. First of all you have to carry more meat and that uses more energy. Secondly, despite half the developed world being overweight, there is the perceived ideal which definitely errs towards skinny - so there are still negative vibes about tubbiness - in social fields and in the workplace. Thirdly, it's more expensive being rotund. Clothes cost more and are harder to find. If you drive a car, you need a big one and thats more expensive on fuel - and you also get less miles per gallon because of the extra kilos! In terms of relationships, a big guy managing a skinny partner is less challenging than a big guy tryng to manage a large one - but that's obvious isn't it? So, the answer to the question is - FAT GUY!

17. profile image52
    TheOtherSideOfTheposted 7 years ago

Resurrecting ancient thread hoping i can cram all these corrections into 2500 characters, 'cuz I just read a page written from another planet. Skinny guy is much more challenging. Almost every problem the fat guy faces is also faced by the skinny guy, plus a whole slew of problems that the fat guy didn't know about. Do you feel like nobody respects you or regards you? invisible? feeble? unattractive? Try being the smallest guy in the room! A fat guy deals with teasing from his friends. A skinny guy deals with violence. A fat WOMAN faces more criticism than her thin counterpart, but a thin MAN ranks lower than a fat man in most regards. Y'all talking about not finding clothes that fit you so being thin is better? did you know that this is also a problem for thin guys? You might not hear it as much, it's the very least of their worries! Easier to gain weight than lose it? Technically no... not from a biological perspective. Those lucky enough to be able to get fat just happen to have healthy enough digestive systems to actually absorb their food, which they get an abundance of in the modern world. Gaining weight requires energy while losing weight expends energy that is already stored in your mass. Think of it in terms of which would be more beneficial to a caveman. Better luck with dating? Meh - The thin guy wins in quantity but the fat guy wins in quality. Your own personality, along with heaps of other factors are in play here, so i'll call this one a draw. I think thin guy has easier chance with women overall, especially younger and less experienced women. But fat guy will pull higher quality women and have an easier time keeping them in the long run. Costs less to be thin? Nope! Well, not if you want to be healthy, or change being thin. See that thing about crappy metabolism again? If you want to bulk up you need to eat more than a person of the same size with the same goals & a better metabolism. You can't just run you gotta buy a gym membership and all this extra crap. And if you're lazy, what you lose in food costs you have to pick up in keeping yourself warm - and safe! This is harder to do when being underweight can make it more difficult for some people to gain employment. Being thin is healthier? Again-wrong. Health risks are higher for someone underweight than overweight-heart failure, seizures, collapsed lung etc. Overweight has health risks, but at the same distance from "healthy", the thin guy is usually less healthy and less athletic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)