Will homosexuals go to heaven or hell when they die?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)
  1. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 12 years ago

Will homosexuals go to heaven or hell when they die?

I'm an atheist, but I've always thought that the Bible adamantly condemns homosexuality.  Do homosexuals have any chance of getting into heaven? This has always confused me.  In God's eyes, is being homosexual no more different than being an adulterer or killing someone?  Can homosexuals also be forgiven?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5343436_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 12 years ago

I don't have an answer, because I consider myself an atheist also. I would guess different people will have different answers based on the type of church that they attend. I know some churches condemn homosexual practices. Others, might be a bit more tolerant.

However, I just wanted to say that this is by far, the best question to have ever been asked here. I am looking forward to reading the answers.

Thank you, cooldad.

3. emichael profile image58
    emichaelposted 12 years ago

Good question. I hesitate giving an answer because I am no theologian, but here is my humble opinion as a Christian. Sin is sin in the sense that it all separates us from God. From murder to theft to lying, God cannot tolerate it. BUT a person is able to accept the gift of Mercy which is the payment of debt that Jesus made on our behalf with his death. Anyone can accept it. Now, just because a person does this, does not mean that he ceases to sin. But a true believer will sense a conviction in his soul. Seeing as I do see homosexuality as a sin, I feel that, eventually, a homosexual Christian would feel that their lifestyle is not right. However, we are humans and we will sin. It is human nature to live in rebellion, even denial. Every Christian will die having sinned.

So, in my opinion, if a person has truly accepted the gift of salvation through Jesus, they will got to heaven when they die.

I'm sure there are those who will disagree. But I see no difference in someone dying as a homosexual, an adulterer, or dying with pride in their heart.

I am not trying to be inflammatory, I just wanted to offer my opinion. I cannot judge a person's heart.

This would have been a good forum post. I'm sure a lot of people will want to go back and forth on this issue.

4. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 12 years ago

thanks for answering the question, i will post it in the forum in a day or so when I am unbanned.

1. profile image49
      jackiehammackposted 10 years agoin reply to this

yes all homosexuals do go to hell because it is abomination aganist god so yeah

5. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

I believe heaven is not for humans anyway...........and I do not believe in hell......so I suppose they will die, become unconscious just like all of us..no matter the religious affiliations.

6. daskittlez69 profile image77
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

I personally believe that all of us who live clean morale lives will go to heaven.  But I believe in karma as well, differently then most though.  I d o not believe that God judges us when we get there.  i think we would judge ourselves in the presence of God once we go back to heaven.  If we did not meet out goal for that lifetime then I believe that we would go back for another life time.  But to answer your question from a biblical answer.  Then they would not go to heaven.  "Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens"  Genesis 19:24.  "Turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly"  II Peter 2:6

7. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

Maybe gay people go to a different heaven, one that is even more fabulous, with even more sparkle and where the decor has an added touch of elegance, and where Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow" is played at least once daily.

8. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 12 years ago

A fanatically devout friend of mine once explained this to me (why he hangs out with an Atheist I do not know). According to him, he is a theology major, homosexuality is considered an "abomination." There are other sins, such as tattooing your body, which are ill-advised but ultimately forgiven since Jesus died for our sins. However, an abomination cannot be forgiven. If this is wrong, someone please correct me, but that is how I understood it. It is also noteworthy that my friend is a Pentacostal and I'm sure other sects explain it differently.

9. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 12 years ago

Which circle of hell does Dante place them in Inferno? I'll be in circle 8 with the rest of the hypocrits wearing a lead cloak--or would I be in with the sowers of discord? But I'm for committing a sin that gets me in any circle that is less painful.

10. dianetrotter profile image62
    dianetrotterposted 11 years ago

Eternity is not based on homosexuaity.  I believe that the Bible is true.  Salvation is based on acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior.  Anyone can be saved:  liar, adulterer, molester, thief, hater, drug addict, etc.  After becoming a Christian a person is a new creature in Christ.  The Holy Spirit convicts them of right and wrong.  When they do what is right, they don't grieve the Holy Spirit.  God's word tells us what is right and wrong.

11. SEXYLADYDEE profile image65
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 11 years ago

The word says we are all fall short because we are born in sin. It also says that all sin is equal. So unless we pursue a "righteous" life we are all going to hell. I believe that all can be forgiven if we follow the word and confess and repent. But to answer your question I don't know that being Gay truly qualifies as a sin. As Christians we are supposed to be living in the new testament where Christ has died for our sins. Now we are supposed to strive to be better to one another. Forgiveness and love as well as serving the least were what he focused on. If he could love Lepers who are we to decide who is and isn't worthy of the Kingdom of heaven or the Father's love? Dee

12. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 11 years ago

absolutely, they can be forgiven as any other sin can be forgiven, but they must  be born again, repent of it, stop doing it .  An active homosexual that does not repent and change will not enter the Kingdom of God.  Col 6  vs 9.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)