Why do you write on HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Why do you write on HubPages?

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image81
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 12 years ago

A few reasons!
    I speak two languages now, and don't want to lose some of my English vocabulary words that I don't use everyday.  Writing keeps me sharper and I find that I communicate verbally better when I write.  I have always written, either a travel diary, or a feelings journal, goals, and so on.  I was surprised and happy to find out this is a good source of passive income as well!  Not there yet, but I keep writing.  It also helps me with my other freelance writing jobs.

3. lzlpio90 profile image71
    lzlpio90posted 12 years ago

hi K9keystrokes!

Is this question really for me?oh well,,, thanks for asking. I will be very glad to answer you.

Honestly, my very motive on joining hubpages is to earn money. Yes, it is. BUT, everytime i write something and see someone commenting on my hub and sharing their ideas to mine. I felt happy and glad and satisfied. I never felt this way while joining to other websites. That's how HUGPAGES affects me.!

The very reason why i join here was gradually diverted. Now, i wrote because i want to share my ideas to other people and at the same time learn from them. Aside from that, i am also enhancing my english skills. It's very hard if you knew only a little on it as mostly of our clients speak english.

I never knew writing could be this fun!

4. nikki_m profile image80
    nikki_mposted 12 years ago

I write on HubPages because I enjoy it. The little bit of money I have earned so far would not be enough encouragement for me to keep on writing if I didn't love it. I love finding just the right combination of words, or just the right phrase, and putting it down in black and white. I enjoy the community, even when I don't agree with a particular view. I look forward to feedback, even if it's negative, because that's how I learn and fine tune.

5. sugz profile image68
    sugzposted 12 years ago

i started wanting to make money hahahah yeah right, i make more at work..  and then i wrote so everyone could find some amuzement among the seriousness of so much thrughout the day amd because its a way to challenge my mind to see what innocent trouble i can get my keyboard into..
    i've been off here for months, and have just remembered where i lived when i wasn't at work or sleeping.. now i just have to find a few hours a day to come an play... this is what drives me to being ME... so, why do I write on hubpages... cos i love it and love to make people smile. smile

i've been back for two days, and i can feel the tension of work dealines, earthquakes and daily racing around like a dead-beepbeeped chicken all fadign away.. it's time, to take the keyboard out of hiding cos i've got the HP urge..  wink

care to answer your own question of why you write on HP?

6. Cardisa profile image86
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

First lets get the real reason I joined HP out of the way. I joined because I was looking for a way to make money through writing and HP presented this as an option.

I continue to write on HP (even though I ain't making squat) because

1. It is a good place to get noticed

2. I love it here

3. Good practice, the standards of HP allows you to challenge yourself which will make you a better writer

4. I am hoping that sooner or later I can be good enough that I start earning from the site I love because whats better than earning a living from something you are crazy about?

5. HP addiction, and I am not joking about that. I find myself wanting HP, that big score, that hub recognition. I want to be a great hubber here on HP. I can't get enough. I got the opportunity to write for upfront payments for another site and I am still trying to make it work here, where there is no upfront payment and I have made less than $12 since being here.

7. Smart is Good profile image61
    Smart is Goodposted 12 years ago

Because I've always love writing in English. My first language is Spanish and I tried writing a few blogs but it doesn't come out as great as it does in English, and one day I discovered I could make money buy writing in English on topics I like. So that was it. I really don't care about the money, but I do care about writing and being read. That makes me happy

8. vox vocis profile image81
    vox vocisposted 12 years ago

I found out about Hubpages when I was searching the web trying to figure out how to make money on the internet - I earned something, but the amount is not the reason why I'm still using the site. I decided to experiment and ended up earning very little, but enjoying this community very much. The whole thing with the hubscore, accolades, fellow hubbers, etc. motivated me to write here so, writing and participating in the community became a nice hobby smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)