Why have you joined Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (40 posts)
  1. goodnews11 profile image85
    goodnews11posted 9 years ago

Why did you joined Hubpages, for sharing your ideas? or for earning money? or to read interesting articles?, or to share your thoughts?
    Why have you joined Hubpages?

1. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It saves me from having to make friends.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My goal here is to make some money.  That's it.  Oh sure, I enjoy being semi-creative, and I enjoy writing, but my participation and content here is going to be goal oriented, and the goal is income.

3. lady rain profile image94
      lady rainposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The only reason why I joined HubPages was to make money, and that has not changed.

4. wordswithlove profile image67
      wordswithloveposted 9 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I don't know! Not even sure I did the right thing.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70
    Miebakagh57posted 9 years ago

All are possible. But I do not know that it will bring in some passive income, though I have not earn a cent to date. I had just published five hubs all featured.

1. goodnews11 profile image85
      goodnews11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dont worry you can make passive income soon. Try to publish more hubs.

3. samtebbutt profile image70
    samtebbuttposted 9 years ago

I joined to improve my writing and artwork.

4. Iris Draak profile image60
    Iris Draakposted 9 years ago

I joined to practice and improve my writing and to experiment with what topics people are interested in.  Secondarily, I joined so that I could have a public portfolio available to potential clients.  Earning a passive income stream is a bonus and was part of my decision-making process.

5. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 9 years ago

Originally I joined HubPages as a writing outlet for extra time that I have.  I love to write, so I figured why not write online.  I still love to write for HubPages, but with all the monetary incentives, I do focus more on writing on topics that get views these days than more obscure topics that interest me.

1. Iris Draak profile image60
      Iris Draakposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rock,  I too am focusing more on the "commercial" writing topics.  My personal interests and preferred writing style, the research essay, are not as well received on HubPages.  I pepper them in for my own gratification but do not have the expectation that they will get much traffic.  That's OK for me though because I'm using HubPages as a learning tool to make me a better and more desirable freelance writer.

1. Rock_nj profile image90
        Rock_njposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree Iris.  HubPages has been an excellent learning tool for honing my writing skills and for expanding my writing abilities based on things I have learned from other writers.  I even landed a part time writing job by using some of my Hubs as writing samples.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

I enjoy writing but had never found a proper "outlet" for my nerdy ramblings about hard rock/heavy metal bands, bad movies, and other interests. I knew going in that I was never gonna get rich posting here, so that was never my intent.

7. S T Alvyn profile image67
    S T Alvynposted 9 years ago

My other interests don't fit in my other blogs, so here I can write on arbitrary things, rather than looking for an audience. Not into the competitive views, up voting etc...

8. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

I joined hub pages for the opportunity to write poetry as a new beginning for me to write. I challenge myself to see what I could write or what creative thoughts I could come up original. I learn that my grammar was not good but I did get some supporting feed back.
    I did not have any experience in writing but I enjoy trying.

What I could do and love is Share the truth in Bible knowledge by posting on forums and questions .and I am happy that I can share bible truth to many. I do not see this as a money opportunity ,because Jesus said you have been given the knowledge free you give free.
    Mathew 10:7 As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’  Reference Bible Mt 10:9 Do not procure gold or silver or copper for YOUR girdle purses, 
    I am happy to be a part of Hubpages!

9. Fred Arnold profile image59
    Fred Arnoldposted 9 years ago

I joined for the community. I've read a lot of hubs before making an account and the positive criticism and good debate that took place in the comments was very influential in my decision to start writing here.

10. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

I joined HubPages to make side money to supplement my business earnings. I was looking for part-time work in my field and stumbled upon the call for writers. I've always wanted to be a writer so it worked out well that I can do something I love and get paid for it.

11. mdscoggins profile image81
    mdscogginsposted 9 years ago

I originally joined HP hoping for additional income.  Now that I see that is slowly forming I stay connected to HP so that I can improve my writing and make connections with others.

12. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

I share the opnion of mdscoggins

13. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

I share the opnion of mdscoggins

14. Max Dalton profile image83
    Max Daltonposted 9 years ago

To make money, which you can partially do through page views:

15. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

Get exposes as a writer and make money of course

16. AntjuanDavis profile image61
    AntjuanDavisposted 9 years ago

For all of it. I like the idea of sharing knowledge and helping others mostly.

17. Netaji Bhuiyan profile image58
    Netaji Bhuiyanposted 9 years ago

I want to raise traffic of my sites, i am a freelancer and blogger, i like to increase my sites traffic.

18. Rebeccasutton profile image70
    Rebeccasuttonposted 9 years ago

I reallllly needed a creative outlet. I would love to earn some money as well, I know that it will be an investment. I love to read and write, so I am happy to share what I find with a community.

19. JoeYoung22 profile image87
    JoeYoung22posted 9 years ago

I can't say that the money was an incentive for me joining HubbPages, as I could never picture myself earning more than about a dollar a month.

I was working as a freelance for two years, where I had lots of articles to write each month to tight deadlines. This stream of work ended abruptly due to the financial situation in Europe, and I found myself kicking my heels. HubPages offered me an outlet that would allow me to continue writing for an audience, so I signed up.

Now that I've been here a while, and I have a better understanding of how things work, I might have to reconsider my 'dollar a month' view - I can see potential here.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70
      Miebakagh57posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's good and better than nothing, even if you are writing for the money. One need to be creating all the time and to share. I wish you the best in your venture.

20. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

I joined initially for fun and a bit of pocket money. But then I left for 2 years and came back to a little pile of gold! In the past 6 months I have become obsessed with making really fine quality hubs and practising all the different skills that go into making them. I'm really proud of my work and can't wait to publish more stuff (there's a huge list to work on). It gives me something to do when my business is quiet or instead of aimlessly surfing the net. Also keeps me out of trouble wink

The money gets better the more I write, so looking forward to reaching some milestones as I write more on here.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70
      Miebakagh57posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Susan, welcome home. You see it pays to stay with HubPages whether you are in for the money or not! It keep you creative and going! Happy hubbing!

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, yeah, it's just one of those lifelong relationships....as long as there's no Panda like stuff going on every year!

21. Global Vernissage profile image60
    Global Vernissageposted 9 years ago

I joined hubpages cos  my boss said so.. I see why. But after trying to compose some hubs i start to like it, the way all works on this site. As creative person i love the idea that hubber has chance to feel not only as a writer, editor and redactor of his hubs but also a designer  what is very important to make his hub attractive before anyone reads it. This makes me feel like i'm work on a newspaper smile

22. JustLivingOnline profile image74
    JustLivingOnlineposted 9 years ago

I joined because I like to write as a hobby.  Money isn't really my ambition, but if it leads to a free lunch once a month I wouldn't complain!

23. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

I started writing on this site because I was amazed when reading internet articles about dog breeds, health, and training. The number of mistakes and poor information out there are astounding, and it seems like when any writer comes along and publishes something stupid (such as "salt is toxic") at least a dozen others come along and publish the same thing. Search engines cannot recognize bad information, so hopefully if I put the proper info out there readers will be able to find it.
    Oh, and I found out it could be kind of fun too. I have published a lot of articles on dog names, and they have no value!

24. Max Dalton profile image83
    Max Daltonposted 9 years ago

To make funny money.

1. Rebeccasutton profile image70
      Rebeccasuttonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol! Any luck?

1. Max Dalton profile image83
        Max Daltonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have. Between this and a few other sites, I've built some decent passive income. It's not a mountain of money, but I get it every month and I don't have to do anything for it. I wrote this recently. It's pretty much my thoughts around writing for here. This just contains my opinions, and I'm sure there are people out there with better ideas than mine: http://maxdalton.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … t-Hubpages

25. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

Three years and three months ago, I had been writing a monthly column for a local magazine for approximately 4 years.  I was enjoying it, but I kept looking for more because the magazine wasn't really what I wanted in terms of utilizing my talent & love for writing .
    To this day I still can't recall where I stumbled upon a Hubpages article, but I realize it was more than likely, Google.
    At the time I was body, heart & soul into the Casey Anthony trial to an obsessive degree.
    The article was on "Jose Baez," Casey's now famous defense attorney.  It was written by none other than our own INFAMOUS "Sunshine 625" aka Linda Sue.
    I left a comment and received a reply from Linda.  We interacted back and forth on the trial, since she was just as consumed by it as I was.  At some point she suggested I join HP......the rest is history.
    At the time I joined, I had no idea it was a revenue producing opportunity, so obviously, that was not a reason.  In the past 3-plus years, I have discovered joining HP may have been the very best decision I've ever made.
    The reality is that Hubpages more than satisfies my love for my favorite things in life (besides my family & friends).....Reading....Writing...."Continuing Education"  (learning new and interesting things every single day)....and meeting so many wonderful, friendly, talented, authentically NICE people (fellow writers)  from all over the world!! 
    I couldn't ask for a better situation in my retirement!

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree, the community on here is pretty good and many of the people are really well behaved, creative and funny. It's a great place to hang out. I liked your background story by the way!

26. ilikegames profile image65
    ilikegamesposted 9 years ago

I guess I've always been creatively minded so I just wanted a place where I could express some views and opinions, just have a creative outlet that I can turn to when I get the itch to write and share.

27. littlething profile image96
    littlethingposted 9 years ago

At first, I joined to make money. Now, I continue writing when I can for fun, to improve my writing skills, and to add to my resume when I go looking for a job again. I know that eventually, if I keep publishing hubs, I'll eventually hit payout. But for now, I'll just keep writing mostly for fun.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)