Is Google Adsense or the HubPages Ad Program better for making money?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 12 years ago

Is Google Adsense or the HubPages Ad Program better for making money?

What is the verdict from long time Hubbers? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5000521_f260.jpg

2. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 12 years ago

Hi Rock:

Well, I am not an old timer as of yet, within the Hubpages community. But what I can tell you from my experience, in terms of making money, is that my earnings appear to be much larger with the Hubpages AD program, than with Goodle Adsense. However this may all balance out, as the new subdomain that we were switched to takes a foothold. Hope my feedback helps you out with the question.

Jl

3. Oddity profile image66
    Oddityposted 12 years ago

Like Jlbowden, I'm new here, but what I've found is that the Hubpages Ad program is doing pretty great in terms of revenue because it's based on your page visits; if you build up enough hubs and get them ranking well in search engines it will go up a ton. Adsense can be great but only if people are clicking on the ads but the problem with this is that people are 'wisening' up between what's information and what's ads.

So, I'd say the Hubpages Ad platform for the long run if you can get a ton of traffic but Adsense is still great for random bursts.

If that helps smile

4. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 12 years ago

I highly suggest you experiment with both of the ads program separately. Some people have better result with Adsense, some prefer Hubpages ads program. Give a try for each ads for a week or two and you'll know what program is best for you.

In my case, I have higher earning with Google Adsense.

5. profile image0
    Dandraposted 12 years ago

Yes, you can even make $10.00!                                           .

6. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 12 years ago

Thanks Jlbowden and others for responding. I am hoping some long time Hubbers will also respond, so I can get an idea if things were better before the Hubpages Ad Program.  One thing to keep in mind is that when you are running the Hubpages Ad Program, there are fewer Google Adsense ads on your hubs, so fewer opps to make money through them.  I think it's 66% fewer Adsense ads.

I did not have much luck with Adsense.  The Hubpages Ad Program has been a nice steady earner at a fraction of a penny at a time, but I wonder if I went back to full Adsense if I'd do better in the long run?

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

It's really tough to impossible to answer this question - there are too many factors involved.

I'm using both - simply because adsense is so "hit and miss," I like making a little every day - and all of a sudden I haven't made anything from adsense in several days.

I still sometimes will get a seven dollar adsense day. . . .after not making a single cent for a week.  Some people make good money every day from adsense. . . .it's sort of a game that you have to figure out yourself, really.

8. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

I have been here around 5 months now, and have found that I make more money with HP ads compared with Adsense. HP ads pay for the amount of visits to your hub, whereas Adsense is based on the amount of clicks on your ads. The best thing is to experiment - try out each one for a week or two and see what is the best for you.

9. vox vocis profile image81
    vox vocisposted 12 years ago

I earn better with HB Ad Program than with Google AdSense. It's only normal that people earn less with AdSence once they join the HB Ad Program - after all, Google's ads are no longer there all the time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)