How much money have you made from HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image77
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 12 years ago

How much money have you made from HubPages?

Everyone asks how to make money, but few talk about what they've made. I've read the success stories, but I want to hear about others. If you're comfortable with sharing, how much have you made and how long have you been on HubPages?

In my 12 days I've made $5.11.

2. Anishpat profile image78
    Anishpatposted 12 years ago

I've been on for three days and have put up two hubs. I've made none so far.  : (

3. dungeonraider profile image85
    dungeonraiderposted 12 years ago

Three days and five hubs = $0.01 hub pages ad earnings for me.  But I don't think any of us have actually made anything with hub pages ads until we've hit the $50 payout threshold (correct me if I'm wrong).  I still think its possible to earn here, but I think its going to take ALOT of quality hubs that have maintained decent traffic over an extended period of time.

4. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 12 years ago

13 days and 36 hubs !! Man ! I would say you are prolific !! Great going . Keep it up. No wonder you have hit up $ 5.11. Guess when you reach 100+  or 150+ hubs you might hit $ 50 per day.

For me its one month, 12 hubs -  $.24 in HP and $.59 in Adsense. Am not cribbing or disappointed. I know HP is for long haul. We need to be patient. We need to build a quality content over the time.

Quality content ==>More Traffic ==> More Page Views==>More Click==> More Money.

Need to be extremely patient (wait atleast six months with about 100 hubs) to see results in HP or be prolific like JediJessicuh to see results sooner.

5. KwelX profile image59
    KwelXposted 12 years ago

Congrats on the number of hubs and your revenue! I've only earned $.92 this month smile

6. rontlog profile image82
    rontlogposted 12 years ago

I think $5.11 in your first 12 days is good going. 

I have over 40 Hubs and been a Hubber for about two years and you are making slightly more than me a day.

Most of my earnings come from 6 Hubs. So they fit in with Pareto's 80/20 principle - 70-80% of your earnings will come from 20-30% of your Hubs.

So at your current rate, you should be making about $155 a year from those 12 hubs, and will hopefully do so every year, even if you never write another Hub.

An interesting way to look at your Hub earnings is to work out how much money you would need to have in a bank account,  paying 5% interest a year, to earn  the same £155  a year?

You would probably need about $3100 in your bank account. 

How long did it take to write your  Hubs? How long would it take you in a job to earn $3100?

For me that is why I would rather spend an hour writing a hub, than an hour at work. I get more "interest" on the time spent.

Good Luck with your future hubs.

7. New 2011 Mom profile image61
    New 2011 Momposted 12 years ago

Idk the number of days but i only have $0.12.

8. softhard profile image60
    softhardposted 12 years ago

I m running on the 4th week, 20 hubs and just $1.

9. profile image59
    aknoxposted 12 years ago

Nice job, 41 Hubs in 12 days is a lot of work!  It takes time to make any money so you are right on track.

I have been on 5 days and just posted my third hub and have made 1 cent.

Good luck though, I know you can make more at the rate you are going.

10. cavedweller profile image58
    cavedwellerposted 11 years ago

First day I joined I wrote three hubs and made a quarter.  I think you have to go to google.webmaster/tools and link your hubs and the fetch as google so you get indexed faster

11. MrsBkay profile image61
    MrsBkayposted 11 years ago

I love this question. Seriously... none of us really expect to be one of those success stories making 1/3 of our income on HP (even though we WANT to be!). Giving information like this is important so that potential Hubbers know what they're getting themselves into. In July I wrote 5 Hubs and didn't do anything through the month of October. I made about $5.09. In November I posted 3 more Hubs and two of them were featured. This month I've published two more Hubs. November+December Hub earnings $5.07.

I've noticed this question is 15 months old... How are your earnings now, JediJessicuh?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)