Do you believe that everyone has a soul mate?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. iloveglee83 profile image61
    iloveglee83posted 12 years ago

Do you believe that everyone has a soul mate?

2. Jim Batuyong profile image72
    Jim Batuyongposted 12 years ago

I believe there is a mate for everyone but "soul mate" makes it sound so complicated.  What if you don't even understand what that means?  Look guys, love is love, either you feel it or you don't. 

I've been with my wife since I was 14 (married for almost 25 years)  Today  I am now almost 47, are we soul mates?  Probably, but who really cares?  I love her, she loves me, we have a loving, caring, giving relationship full of mutual respect, honesty and communication. 

So if you haven't found your "soul mate" yet and that's all you keep looking for, stop.  Just find someone who treats you good and you can have fun with.  Build a relationship based on your likes, interests and goals in life.  Before you know it, you may find your soul mate after all.

3. catspirit profile image61
    catspiritposted 12 years ago

I think the term "soul mate" is over used and over rated. The term implies that it is the connection of the soul (whatever that means) and there is only one for each of us.
    Relationships come and go in our lives for a reason. Romantic, friendship, and professional, these people come in, touch us for a reason, and move on. Are they soul mates? I don't think so. I think as we evolve in our life experience, new people bring new elements, lessons and answers to our lives. Some of them will exist for a few hours, days, maybe a lifetime.

4. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

The concept of "the one"  or "soul mate" is based upon our natural reflex to (exclude) rather than (include) when it comes to love.

For example if a person stated "their one" has to be (a member of their own race) that automatically eliminates Billions of people right there!
    If you went on to say he/she must have the same religious belief that will cut down your options by billions more.

We then say "the one" must reside in our own state or town. All this is before we get to things such as height, weight, age, occupation, education, hobbies/interest, and goals....etc
    Last but not least your family and friends MUST also like him/her and vice versa!

Is it any wonder that by the time we get done EXCLUDING people there is ONLY one "right one" left!
    I believe once we decide what is "really important" with regard to traits in a person we'd want to spend our lives with then we are likely to find "the one" sooner rather than later. Being realistic and becoming more mature makes all the difference in the world.

Traits such as being positive, honest, loyal, attractive, considerate, affectionate, financially secure/responsible, dependable, enjoys traveling, great sense of humor....etc

Out of 7 Billion people surly there must be “one” person who fits this profile!
    The truth is there are thousands, millions, and possibly billions of people who’d describe themselves as having all of these traits!

5. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

I'm a bit leery of the term, "soul mate."  I believe that it is used too often by too many, in a less than accurate way.  The true, actual meaning of "soul mate'....pertains to someone you feel an all-consuming attachment to, in every aspect of human nature.  It is a person you feel fills any and every void of your being....emotions, mind, body, intellect and your spirituality, as well.  If you seriously consider this enormous spectrum of a relationship, it is only realistic to accept it's improbability.  Realize too, that this person must have this conviction of you also.  Having said this, I could never entertain the thought that EVERYONE has a soul mate....or at least, that in one's lifetime, the two would meet.
    Rather, I am comfortable with the phrase, "He/She is/was the LOVE OF MY LIFE."  This is far more conceivable and realistic.  In my own life experience, this is certainly true, beyond question.    Excellent question to pose!!

6. Devika12 profile image61
    Devika12posted 12 years ago

A soulmate is not just restricted to that one-to-one romantic relationship. Family members and friends can also be soulmates. A romantic partner if met in another lifetime as well is a Twin-soul and that finding is a blessing.

7. VENZKHVAM profile image60
    VENZKHVAMposted 12 years ago

I am sure every one need a Soul mate . But lesser percentage of people are lucky to get a soul mate. Majority of the marriage or full of sacrifices and adjustments and mainly for childrens they  produce or for thier social prestige.

If you ask this question secretly to every one, you will get the answer as i told.

congratulations to EVERY SUCCESSFUL soul mate.

8. Through My Lens profile image59
    Through My Lensposted 12 years ago

I think that soul mate is overused. To believe that there is only one person in all the world who is the right one for you takes the effort out of relationships and puts it all on chance. I think it gives us an excuse when we become unhappy in relationships. We say "He just wasn't "the one." Even when you are perfectly matched with someone, you still will have moments of being frustrated, angry, or sad. It's not like you find your "soul mate" and everything is perfect. Perhaps I would feel more comfortable with the term if it weren't used so exclusively. Instead of one soul mate,  perhaps we have several. Yeah, I think that works better for me.

9. iloveglee83 profile image61
    iloveglee83posted 12 years ago

You guys all have great answers! I'd like to go ahead and explain what I believe. I do believe that everyone has a soul mate, I think that a soul mate could be anyone, a lover, a bestfriend, a sibling, a pet, even a parent. I don't think that your soul mate has to be someone you wait your whole life for to marry. It is just someone that comes into your life and from your soul you know that you can share anything with this person, all your secrets, the thoughts, your feelings, everything and they will love you no matter what. I am one of those "freaks" that do believe our when our bodies die our souls go to what I like to call summerland to wait until they are ready to be reborn.

10. nscnikhil profile image56
    nscnikhilposted 12 years ago

A soul mate partner often feels like a mirror to their spouse. Though this does sound a bit boring.

11. emmy1980 profile image59
    emmy1980posted 11 years ago

Yes, I believe in it. I didn't believe in it til I met mine. I used to feel like other people in this thread; that relationships come and go.

I've since undergone hypnotherapy to get him out of my head, and it's something I fight every day. He didn't want to be with me. One thing people confuse is that soul mates always end up together in this lifetime. You don't. You still have free will, and my life was too complicated for him. He chose the easy way.  I have no idea how he's doing nowadays, but I know that he haunts my thoughts almost daily (two years after last speaking to him) and I'll always love him. I can still "feel" him, if that makes sense.

But it's something I am learning to live with. The hypnotherapy made it worse as I remembered past lives with him while "under". I don't recommend it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)