Suggestions on how to capture Netflix streaming?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image52
    andrefleeposted 12 years ago

Suggestions on how to capture Netflix streaming?

Just fishing for some good ideas on this.

Read round the web that it's quite possible to capture and save Netflx streaming movies from Netflix subscription and I guess I 'd also like to be able to do this for offline watching some movies.

But the thing is I am quite new to this  sorta things so I sure could use some suggestions on a good way to capture and save streaming movies from Netflix subscription or anything like that.

Any ideas on how this is done?

2. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 12 years ago

No, but if you find out please tell me. I would adore to keep these episodes and movies.

3. profile image53
    tatedansposted 12 years ago

Yeah, have to agree that it would be a pretty good idea to be able to capture or save Netflix streaming movies and tv shows episodes.

At least a couple of them for watching offline, like you mentioned.Too bad I am not that familiar with this sorta things and I don't have any good suggestion on how to capture and save streaming movies videos from Netflix streaming subscription.

But if you do figure out a good way to save streaming videos from Netflix I'd also love to give it a try.

4. profile image53
    dansthemanposted 12 years ago

Hmm you really sure you can do that?

I wasn't aware that you could actually capture and save Netflix streaming videos, but anyhow I wouldn't even bother to figure out how to save streaming movies from Netflix streaming subscription any time soon.

I mean sure, if they bring some of the newer movies and tv shows series and stuff it would be worth it to capture and save Netflix movies video streaming for offline watching or whatever you need them for, but till then I'd put the whole thing on hold.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful and I don't have any good suggestion on what to use to capture and save Netflix streaming.

5. profile image53
    chadtadposted 12 years ago

Well seems that I am even newer than you to this whole thing.

I had no idea it would be possible for one to be able to capture or save streaming movies and tv series episodes videos from Netflix streaming plan.

Guess if no one else has good suggestions for you on how to capture netflix streaming, you can simply rely on google or some search engine you usually use.

Here's an example of a search on how to save movies from netflix:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=26& … om+netflix

Pretty sure there are some at least interesting suggestions round there that you can have a look at and see whatever works better to capture Netflix streaming.

6. profile image51
    robbyrobposted 12 years ago

Actually I think it is quite possible to capture save Netflix streaming videos, I mean these days it's pretty much possible to save any kind of videos off the web, let alone saving Netflix videos.

Probably won't be a breeze though, since there's protection on Netflix streams that prevents you to actually download and save streaming videos and movies straight from Netflix but that does not mean there is absolutely not possible to capture movies from Netflix or something like that.

That guy's idea to do a search on how to capture or save Netflix streaming is actually pretty good.

I mean you can find anything you need on the internet so you surely can find as well a good way to capture Netflix streaming.That's what I'd do anyways.

7. profile image51
    darrinmarsposted 12 years ago

Not really an expert on the whole how to download save movies from Netflix streaming thing, never was that interested in downloading movies from Netflix.

Downloading hulu videos maybe, saving Netflix streaming neah...

Anyhow there was also some downloader tool bar or something like that,it was called ant if I recall correctly.

Used to be able to capture and download streaming movies from Netflix subscription as well.The bad thing is that is only able to download a Netflix streaming movie in many small files, not just a single large movie file.

A bit of a counter productive way to capture and download movies from Netflix streaming subscription plus I have no idea how you'd join the files together after you use it to download Netflix streams.

8. profile image50
    benjy0boyposted 12 years ago

Definitely very unproductive not to mention time wasting to download and save Netflix streaming videos in lots of small files. Would not be worth it to only to  be able to capture Netflix streaming this way.

Fortunately, I am pretty sure that is not the only solution for one to capture or download and save movies and tv series videos from Netflix streaming.

What about trying to record or capture movie streams from Netflix with some screen capture program or something like that?

Plenty of these screen capture and recording software programs available on the internet.

Who knows, might be possible that some of these will also be able to capture and record Netflix streaming videos or movies while they play on the screen of computer.

9. profile image52
    loscarlosposted 12 years ago

Fairly easy I suppose even to capture and record Netflix streaming movies and tv shows, that is if you happen to stumble upon the right screen capture or recorder software.

Suppose something you should be careful about when looking for screen capture apps that might work to record Netflix streaming is that these will be powerful enough to be able to capture and save movies from Netflix in decent quality without any hiccups and glitches.

All that glitters is not gold so probably on the same principle not all that screen captures and records works a a Netflix recorder.

Btw, this think on Netflix and how to screen capture Netflix streaming videos and movies should be helpful as well:

http://wiki.robotz.com/index.php/Netfli … am_Capture

10. profile image52
    lenardriddposted 12 years ago

Guess I could also be of some help with your little problem with finding good ways to record and save movies and tv shows from Netflix streaming.

I also did this a couple of times, needed to record Netflix streaming for some offline watching on the go so I found some cool software program called Audials:

http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_str … tflix.html

It's actually a pretty useful program cause besides being able to record Netflix streaming also works to capture streaming videos from loads of other streaming sources.

Anyhow, this program really is for me the best way to capture and record streaming movies from Netflix subscription.

The recorded Netflix videos are in good quality plus I can also record and convert Netflix movies to any format I need for my devices, be it pc or cell phone or other multimedia devices I have round the house.

Should check it out, I suppose it also should work for your problem without any issues.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)