Which song always makes you happy when you listen to it?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (35 posts)
  1. learner365 profile image72
    learner365posted 12 years ago

Which song always makes you happy when you listen to it?

2. MikeSyrSutton profile image70
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 12 years ago

There are quite a few but the first that came to mind was "No getting over that rainbow" by The Carpenters. Then, some hymns and Xmas Carols come to mind. Great question!

3. afunda profile image70
    afundaposted 12 years ago

There are tons of them, but if I really have to choose only one, I'd go with Lola by The Kinks

4. talitz2550 profile image60
    talitz2550posted 12 years ago

I have lots of fave songs but "Remember me this way" by Jordan Hill is the closest to my heart as everytime I hear this song, I  feel like I'm the one singing this song... first I just want everyone to remember me as I am....and together with the Song "In my daughters eyes" by Martina McBride... I dedicate both to my only daughter.

5. miz_debi profile image61
    miz_debiposted 12 years ago

Christmas music in general. I also like music I can dance to, that gets my blood flowing smile

6. gsalvadi profile image59
    gsalvadiposted 12 years ago

Jambalaya by Hank Williams which is a Cajun song

7. profile image52
    rwh1230posted 12 years ago

Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants.

8. Electro-Denizen profile image82
    Electro-Denizenposted 12 years ago

'Friday I'm in Love' by the Cure - wonderful song!

9. profile image52
    mistersmaleposted 12 years ago

"Everybody Be Yo'self" by Keb' Mo' will make you feel good inside.

10. Deano51 profile image41
    Deano51posted 12 years ago

Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows by Leslie Gore. So bubblegummy and cheesy but it makes me feel happy and energized. Just can't help singing and dancing along.

11. zoeyclark profile image60
    zoeyclarkposted 12 years ago

Travis- Love Will Come Thorough. I just love the lyrics and the music, and it helps even at my most cynical moments.

12. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 12 years ago

Noah and the Whale's '5 years time', 'Happy House' Siousex and the Banshees, 'Happiness is easy' - talk talk, 'Happy Talk' Captain Sensible, 'Groove is in the heart' Deelite, 'All you need is love' and 'Across the Universe' The Beatles, 'Happy Birthday' Altered Images... love the music, love the feeling!

13. crochet48 profile image62
    crochet48posted 12 years ago

Learner, where I'm from, mariachi music is BIG. Don't know if you've ever heard of this musical genre, but it's regional music from Mexico, featuring violins, trumpets, guitars, vihuelas (5-stringed instruments smaller than a guitar), guitarrons (large, six-stringed instruments with a bowed back that play the bass part) and sometimes, harps.
    Anyway, the song that always makes me happy when I listen to it is called "Sombras Nada Mas" ("Shadows, Nothing More"). My son sings that one; it is written for a man with a baritone voice or a woman with an alto voice.
    (He sang "Solamente una Vez" (Only One Time More) at my older son's wedding this past September.)
    I think you can tell I love mariachi and I'm crazy-proud of my boys!

14. DandelionPicker profile image60
    DandelionPickerposted 12 years ago

Send Me On my Way by Rusted Root.  It's such a joyful, lighthearted song, it always puts me in a good mood!

15. MinnesotaOpus profile image61
    MinnesotaOpusposted 12 years ago

"Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves.  A sure fire kick in the happy button for me!

16. BellaAmatore profile image60
    BellaAmatoreposted 12 years ago

'Life in Technicolor ii' by Coldplay!  I like to listen to it when I'm driving a lot, too.

17. Shadowblack profile image60
    Shadowblackposted 12 years ago

"Mushroom" by Can and "Outdoor Miner" by Wire always bring a smile to my face.

18. akatwhitty profile image60
    akatwhittyposted 12 years ago

Hey Momma by Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground, or ADHD by Kendrick Lamar.

19. CAGreenholdt profile image60
    CAGreenholdtposted 12 years ago

Black Dog by Led Zepplin.  Hey hey mamma said the way you move gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove . . .

20. ComposerGoneWild profile image67
    ComposerGoneWildposted 12 years ago

Anything from The Sound of Music.  Especially "I Have Confidence", "Do-Re-Mi", and "Favorite Things".  I also really love the "Happy Working Song" from Enchanted.

21. Nick B profile image79
    Nick Bposted 12 years ago

Don't worry, be happy by the astonishing Bobby McFerrin. Surprised no-one else has suggested it.

22. Cliff Syringe profile image62
    Cliff Syringeposted 12 years ago

Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis. It's hard not to smile at the joy and freshness of old rockabilly music.

23. ieu50 profile image59
    ieu50posted 12 years ago

My answer could change daily - even hourly! So here goes for 11:45pm 3rd Dec 2011, anyway:

IGY - Donald Fagen. Always makes me smile.
    Spain - Chick Corea. Cannot keep still.
    Haitian Divorce - Steely Dan. Fagen's vocal does it for me.
    Bluesology - Monty Alexander Trio. The groove is so good it makes me laugh.
    Every Tear is a Waterfall - Coldplay. Wow!
    Brand New Day - Sting. First dance at our wedding. Big smile.
    Human - Killers. The sound of it makes me smile.
    Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police. Ha!
    Let's Dance - David Bowie. Every time..
    Le Freak - Chic. As a bassist, the groove hits the spot.

I'll stop there - I'm boring myself, let alone you lot!

24. profile image0
    rajeev_rajuposted 12 years ago

"Kuch is Tarah" by Atif Aslam.
    This song make me life my life.....

25. profile image58
    NFAMOUSbeatsposted 12 years ago

"Why can't we be friends" by WAR... Lol happy already!!!

26. Rinor81 profile image34
    Rinor81posted 12 years ago

"Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica...
    It's one of my favorite songs, it has something to it....I don't know....roam, roam....that's my song....

27. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Depends on my mood!

Right now, I could go for some Van Halen, "Jump!"

Sometimes, it's Beatles. Sometimes the heavy metal of Iron Butterfly's "Inagaddavida." And sometimes the lyric bliss of Bach's "Air."

28. MarcoMarks profile image67
    MarcoMarksposted 12 years ago

"I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles.  A song of new discovery and teenage puppy love.

29. RickLebrick profile image59
    RickLebrickposted 12 years ago

"Don't Worry, be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin, Obviously!!

30. RANDOMTHTS4ALL profile image61
    RANDOMTHTS4ALLposted 12 years ago

There are many, but currently..... Take a back road by Rodney Atkins

31. learner365 profile image72
    learner365posted 12 years ago

Thank you everyone for telling about your favorite songs or song smile Like you all i also have long long lists of songs. It actually all depends on what kind of mood you are in. I myself,however listen to "The tide is High" by Atomic Kitten. Somehow the song boosts me up with energy and i feel like singing along with it.

I appreciate your replies.Keep on posting and share what good song makes you happy smile

32. ThePositiveNoggin profile image61
    ThePositiveNogginposted 12 years ago

The song that always makes me happy is my husbands song to me. Anita Baker "Angel"...It always puts a smile on my face. He says that I am his angel! lol

33. Jyoti Patil profile image62
    Jyoti Patilposted 12 years ago

Difficult to pick one but as of now it would be - Kolaveri Di

34. profile image57
    OLDNAVYposted 12 years ago

"Jump to it" by Aretha Franklin . One of my favorite oldies...

35. johannaalexa profile image59
    johannaalexaposted 12 years ago

I really like Inspirational songs, it makes me feel better, and i also like POP and Ballad smile)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)