What was the biggest risk you've ever taken, whether physical, emotional or fina

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 12 years ago

What was the biggest risk you've ever taken, whether physical, emotional or financial?

2. YvetteParker profile image62
    YvetteParkerposted 12 years ago

The biggest risk that I have taken was a financial risk by leaving my full time job and going into business full time with my sister! She and I are both teachers. She taught Reading/Language Arts for nearly 20 years in the school system and I taught Mathematics for nearly 10 years. Almost 4 years ago, we established a nonprofit pre-elementary school, tutoring, and testing center where we tutor elementary - college students in Reading and Mathematics. We also offer academic summer camps, accelerated kindergarten curriculums for students ages 3 - 5, and exam proctoring for online college students. Our website is www.mbslearningconnection.com.

Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was really hard selecting a best answer out of these, there are some really good answers here. Thanks for answering, it does sound exciting and risky. Glad it's working out.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

The biggest risk I ever took was emotional. I married my husband after only knowing him 3 months.  We are still married and best friends 41 years later - but the truth is I didn't really know him when we got married. The first time he lost his temper I was stunned - he has always been in a good mood on our dates!  LOL

Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That just sounds crazy to marry someone you'd never had a fight with. Truly you don't know someone if you haven't seen them angry. I'm so glad it worked out.

4. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image37
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 12 years ago

Risk is relative term and varies with person to person. When I decided to go for MBA - Finance  rather than M. Tech as routine career , where job is guaranteed by government and degree fully sponsored and paid by government. Today I can say my decision was write.

5. alisha4u profile image40
    alisha4uposted 12 years ago

Risks are part of life... I have taken so many. One of them was to sacrifice my 2 months salary for a close friend...who ended-up ditching me. Ditching in the sense that he promised to return back the money, but broke my trust and went abroad.
    I sometimes Laugh at myself for this incident.. But, that's how life is..... you don't learn until you taste the Bitter !!

6. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

After my husband and I split up four years ago, I took a huge emotional risk. I moved from Scotland to England. It was a huge gamble, but it has paid off. My daughter loves it here and loves her school. I met my now fiance and everything has worked out well, but could quite easily have gone the opposite way.

7. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 12 years ago

i am not really a risk taker but sometimes i think the biggest risk or risks that i take is crossing the road when I shouldnt be crossing it

8. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image61
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 12 years ago

Marrying and sticking to my husband. I could not tell if it would go well or not. I had so much fear of the unknown.
    I also took a risk and with children and a dream relocated to another country  -the reality went beyond the dream.
    Yvette was it worth the risk?

9. MKSteward profile image60
    MKStewardposted 12 years ago

Financially: Walking out of my job after ten years

Emotionally: I made the decision to marry my husband. Not only did I get pregnant before marriage, but he is also a police officer in a very dangerous city outside of Philadelphia. It was so easy when we dated, and I didn't mind the erratic schedule, but finding out I was pregnant was a whole new ballgame. Luckily, I took the plunge and we are going on five years of marriage next month.

Overall, both of those risks have been a blessing. Marrying my husband has given me two beautiful children, and quitting my job has given me the gift of being home for them. Our money may be tight, but we have happy kids. I can't ask for much more.

10. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

I know it's been a while since I asked this question. I've been going through and choosing best answers to some of these that I'd never done it for. For this one I just can't choose. Great answers everyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)