If you could meet one ancestor of yours, who would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. alocsin profile image88
    alocsinposted 12 years ago

If you could meet one ancestor of yours, who would it be?

2. plaid pages profile image61
    plaid pagesposted 12 years ago

Fun question.  I never met either of my grandmothers.

My father was the youngest of nine children and my mother was the youngest of eight children.  I was the youngest of five.  Therefore, by the time I arrived, my grandmothers had passed.

Both women were hard-working and tough as nails.  I'd love to have met them.

3. UnnamedHarald profile image92
    UnnamedHaraldposted 12 years ago

I would visit my grandfather on my mother's side. Although I knew him as a child, he was rather formidable and we left England when I was five. He served in World War One and when he was demobilized and sent back to England, he had to walk home from the coast. He slept in empty brick-baking kilns at night to keep warm. He and my grandmother were dirt-poor all their lives but were proud people. When my mother was a baby, she said they lived in a gypsy-like wagon (though they weren't gypsies) in a clearing south of Birmingham but eventually got a small house on Cranmore (sp?) Road. She was the youngest of seven children.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I would like to meet my maternal grandmother.  I have seen pictures and heard a very few stories.  Like most kids, my mom was super important to me.  She died when I was 15, and I would love to meet and talk with the woman who raised her.

5. donnaisabella profile image73
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

I would like to meet my great, great   grandmother on my dad's side. I have heard a lot about her and would love to talk with her.

6. alliemacb profile image88
    alliemacbposted 12 years ago

I would meet my great, great grandmother who was one of the first female doctors in Scotland.  She spent her life travelling in the Middle East and I would love to hear some of her stories.

7. William Gerace profile image62
    William Geraceposted 12 years ago

If I could meet one of my ancestors I think it would have to be my great grandmother Rose. I've heard so much about her and how she was a great cook and had a really funny personality. The main thing is she cooked everything from scratch cause back in those days people had time to do. I am Italian so you can imagine how can I appreciate that like homemade lasagna, meatballs, spaghetti the list goes on. It's not just that though I would like to have met her and talk to her about things what she's seen and experienced. She was born in Italy she must of had a lot of experiences I'm sure. Yes great grandma Rose would definitely be the ancestor I would want to meet.

8. profile image0
    onlookerposted 12 years ago

I never got the chance to know my grand father, i grew up in a different city. We hardly met once a year and I've always been curious about my roots. He passed away when i was pretty young sad

9. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 12 years ago

I would like to meet my great grandfather who fought with Poncho Via, but also in later years was a circuit-riding preacher.  The stores would be fascinating (althought I have heard some from my parents)!

10. point2make profile image61
    point2makeposted 12 years ago

I have two ancestors  who headed to the Klondike gold rush in the late 1800's. They never returned and were never heard of again. I would love to know what happened to them. So I guess that is who I would like to meet and ask.....what happened?

11. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 12 years ago

Rumour has it that I am an ancestor of Guissepi Mazzinni Italian Nationalist who died in 1872.  There are no official records of this - so I would like to meet him and find out if it's true:-)

12. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 12 years ago

Review of Giuseppe Mazzini - activist, politician and journalist. read more

13. annart profile image82
    annartposted 12 years ago

Apparently, on my father's side, I have distant ties with Rober the Bruce so that would be an interesting one, just to find out what life was like then and hear first hand about the trials and tribulations he went through.
    Though I knew him until I was 15 (when he died), I would like to able to ask my paternal grandfather questions about his war work - he was an interrogator for the home guard near Newcastle (Tyneside) and helped in uncovering the story of the Great Escape; I have his interrogation notes - in German!  Unfortunately, he didn't like talking about it and I didn't even realise he'd done that until my grandmother died and we found lots of papers!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)