How will an atheist best prove the denial of God?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. viquar profile image67
    viquarposted 12 years ago

How will an atheist best prove the denial of God?

When I discuss with few of my Athiest friends about why I am a theist, I get rude response from them that if God had existed, there would not have been misery on Earth an so on. But to me that does not fit as an excuse. That is why I post this question to a wider audience who may have a better excuse.

2. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 12 years ago

The simplest explanation i've ever heard from an atheist is that we can't see god nor can we physically feel him in any way. This is a valid argument since neither side can prove their case as a FACT.

The argument that your friend gives you is totally invalid since the misery is caused by the free (evil) will of the people, not by God himself.

3. Grime Remix profile image59
    Grime Remixposted 12 years ago

God allows us to have free will.  Some people have chosen to create misery for themselves and others.  Misery on Earth does not disprove God.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image86
    M. T. Dremerposted 12 years ago

Here's how I look at it. Generally an atheist favors science over religion because of the evidence aspect of it. Discoveries have been made to explain a great deal of our world, most of which can be tested and confirmed by other scientists in a new age. Plus, the evidence is constantly evolving as our technology advances, therefore science does not claim to have all the answers, only those that it can test multiple times and still come up with the same conclusions. Evidence of god, or any other spiritual force tends to come from personal experiences. John Smith encountered a miracle when his car narrowly missed an oncoming train, but the problem with that kind of evidence is that it cannot be tested by anyone else. John tells you the story and insists up and down that it was a miracle, but ultimately there is no viable means to test whether it was a miracle or not. Therefore, it is subject to the natural degradation of human memory (we tend to sensationalize mediocre memories.).

Spectacular things happen every day, many of which can be considered miracles, but I've said before that with billions of things happening every minute, extraordinary ones are bound to happen based on statistics alone. And, even if these unusual events were the work of some supernatural being, there is no evidence to suggest which one it is. It could just as likely be Zeus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The sheer volume of religions in this world suggests that we don't have it right, but where science admits that it doesn't have all the answers, religions insist that they do, regardless of how outdated their lessons become over time.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 12 years ago

My friend, it is but a hope and a dream that you pursue. You will live out your days and, if lucky, die an old man, but during this time you will never prove atheism or macro-evolution correct, nor will you ever be able to prove Creationism or intelligent design wrong.

Those are the facts and they are undisputed. God is not something that can be seen with a telescope or examined under a microscope. I am afraid, my friend, that you are chasing after the wind.

6. Alex Kolesnikoff profile image57
    Alex Kolesnikoffposted 12 years ago

Scenario #1:

If an Atheist would be able to come to you and say - I have been there in Heaven, there was/were:
    a) No God
    b) No Judgment for works
    c) No Angels/Demons
    d) Nothing but pure nothingness which consisted out of nothing

Scenario #2:

If an Atheist would be able to come to you and say - I have just been to Heaven (lets suppose that that was his real experience) and I was given to have a look into the Book of Life. I searched the index - my name wasn't there.

Then on coming back to Earth he would be able to argue.
    Atheist: That then allows me to live here on Earth in whatever manner I please.
    Christian: Really?
    Atheist: Yes, 100%. If my name is not there, then there is 0 chance for my salvation. I refuse to believe (obey) a God who didn't choose me to eternal life.

Problems with both "strongest proofs".
    1. Both proofs are impossible, for God doesn't provide trips to Heaven neither He allows to look into the secret councils of His will.
    2. He chose to bring people to faith in Christ and repentance before Him (Acts 20:21) through:
    a) His kindness, goodness, patience (Rom.2:4)
    b) Conversations about God public or private. Acts 9:20-22; 17:17; 18:27,28; 20:20; 28:24

Here is how I understand what has to happen to an Atheist to believe in God.
    1. He has to come to a point where he no longer believes that he has an answer in himself for the misery that he experiences living in denial of God.
    2. He has to come to a point where he will take the Word of God as for what it really is - the Word of the Living God, God the Creator, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    3. He has to witness both in his mind and in his flesh the glorious transformation. That has to come at the point when he will obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In other words when the Spirit of God will start living in the former Atheist he will no longer be one.

Those will be the only remedies for an Atheist. Other than that nothing will help. And that is up to God whom He is going to quicken from the dead.

7. Mitch Alan profile image80
    Mitch Alanposted 11 years ago

If an athiest claims to KNOW that there is no God, ask him this.  "So, you have universal knowledge of all time and space? and with this KNOWLEDGE you KNOW there is no God?" If he says "No" then he has not proved that God does not exist...if he claims this infinate knowledge, tell him that he, being eternal and all knowing must be God and has proven his own existence.
    And alway remember that a lack of proof in NOT proof of lacking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)