Do you believe in miracles?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Diana Mendes profile image69
    Diana Mendesposted 12 years ago

Do you believe in miracles?

2. profile image0
    James Agbogunposted 12 years ago

You know it's difficult to convince people about miracles. I don't go to church and have doubted anything that has to do with miracles. I have also regarded the Bible as a Book on the History of people from the Middle East. But there came the Climax of Series of events in my Life. I have experienced pains through out the left part of my body for over four years. The left part of my chest - exactly the position of my Heart was so thight that I could fill discomfort from the slightest touch. My left hand was a hell of a pain, also was my left shoulder, the left part of my back and the entire muscles from the left part of my back down to the waist level.
    My younger sister was very sick last week that I got so confused so that I thought prayers could be helpful, hence I paid a visit to a store (where Catholic Religious materials are sold) to buy Cross, candles and Rosary. I opened her bible, only to arrive at Psalms 124. Then I put on the Rosary, lit the Candles, red the verse, prayed and went to lie on the Chair.
    Suddenly, the Cross on the Rosary became glued to the position of my Heart, then came movement all over the left part of my chest and a force was felt from my chest down my hands and to my waist level. And also was my heart vibrating vigorously!
    What ever happened, I didn't realise! It was later at night, I felt a strange Headache even though I had never experienced Headache for the past four years. My body temperature became very high and I became very weak.
    Then, I went to sleep only to wake up the next day to find out that all the pains are gone. My chest is free. I can now fold my left fist strongly for the first time in four years. I can feel my left foot perfectly, and unusual virality at the waist level.
    Isn't this a Miracle? This is a fact that am ready to go all corners of the World to bear witness to. I will tell it at every slight opportunity.
    And by the way, the Rosary is still here! It has this unsusual Glow! Shining more than any other Rosary! It has this very bright glow that eclipse other Rosaries when kept together in a Dark Room.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 12 years ago

No. When my son was in a coma he pulled through because of the wonderful doctors that were there by his side. When my daughter's heart rate diminished during delivery she was fortunate enough to have a quick thinking doctor. If miracles were real it would be like saying that your God wants you to suffer just so he can miraculously pull you through to make himself look good. People believe in miracles because it makes them feel good and if that works for them that's great but not my cup of tea!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image86
    M. T. Dremerposted 12 years ago

For me, the term miracle is little more than an adjective to describe an event that is otherwise extraordinary. If I fell out of an airplane and happened to land on a trampoline, that could be described as a miracle. But there are two major problems with the evidence of miracles. The first problem is personal memory. Someone may describe to you an angelic event where a woman in white caught you and set you gently on the trampoline, but what actually happened may have been completely different. Our memories degrade over time and we fill in the gaps as we go. And, as natural storytellers, we also tend to sensationalize our stories with each progressive telling, so the blinding sun just became an angel.

The second problem is statistics. If a billion people fell out of an airplane at the same time and there were a handful of trampolines on the ground, there is a good chance one person is going to land on one. The concept is the same for our world. Billions of people are doing billions of different things every minute of every day. With that much going on, extraordinary events are going to be happening constantly. Also, few consider the 'bad' miracle that threw the person out of the airplane to begin with. These extraordinary (bad) events that happen, traditionally aren't associated with miracles, when in reality they have almost the exact same description, and they happen just as often. So if miracles were proof of god, the bad miracles would either prove he is also cruel, or that the devil has equal power to god. None of which adds up well for religion.

5. profile image0
    Emer420posted 12 years ago

I didn't believe in miracles for a long time.  But, then I got into a horrible car accident that I shouldn't have made it through and started believing.  I was submerged upside down in a river and couldn't find the seat-belt buckle.  The seat-belt fell off my lap and let me escape.  I would call that a miracle.

6. move2move profile image61
    move2moveposted 12 years ago

Difficult question as most people define the concept of a miracle by their definition of God. Life itself is a miracle and what happens within & around it can be also considered as miracles. How & what we generally call miracles though, do not always work the way we expect them to happen and that is where we blame God for failing us to be delivered in our understanding of miracles related to him. Everything is possible in a miracle, but the miracle might not especially show up the way we expect it. It can be in the form of a sudden recovery of a so called incurable illness, being at the right place at the right time & experience something amazing you wanted for a long time but did not expect to happen right now, or just in the presence of having the right persons around who do save a day that otherwise would have end badly ....
    Miracles can have many shapes but are not always recognized as such. But these events do not care about recognitions of any form and just do what is required right there were they seem to have been called to be. A miracle can be an opportunity that crosses your way when you believed everything was screwed, a doctor who happens to know exactly what s/he's doing, saving a life in a critical moment., the discovery of an alternative healing method that in my case helped me to save the life of my ex-girlfriend to whom doctors told that her faith was sealed. .. Yes, I believe in miracles to be very possible. But there's also the other side where you have to accept when the time for someone or something has come to an End. That's what we have to accept even if it's unacceptable for us at 1st. We are ourselves the ones that do create the miracles we experience and also the downfalls we encounter. What is for sure is that there's no guarantee for anything in life. But you're more likely to have something positively unexpected to cross your way at the very moment you need it but thought everything was lost, when you just don't give up on the idea that it might still be possible. I promised to my ex-girlfriend back in time that we would find a way to heal her and that's what happened. A Miracle? I kind of would say "YES" with a big "Y" as this illness is still categorized as not curable.
    People often call a miracle what they can't explain through their logic perception. Point is, miracles are possible and that's all that really counts.

7. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Yes.

I believe I had an experience with miracle (if you consider that as a miracle).

I had been knocked down by a car and flew up in the air about 8 - 10 feets before landing onto the road while my friend watched from my back. It was a miracle that I was not run over by the car instead flew in the air. I woke up after a few seconds and checked myself to see if there were any injuries but none except a few cuts.

So, I believe in miracle does happen when you really need it.

8. ustad profile image60
    ustadposted 12 years ago

in the Great Holy Quran, Jesus is described as having many miracles not bestowed upon other prophets.  God says:

“And We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear miracles” (Quran 2:87)

The Quran also mentions Jesus to a have healed the blind and lepers.

“I also heal the blind and the leper.”(Quran 3:49)

God mentions a miracle given to none other in the Quran but Jesus, one which is quite parallel to how God himself created Adam.  This miracle was one which none can argue its greatness.  God mentions in the Quran that Jesus says:

“I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.” (Quran 3:49)

9. oldersister profile image75
    oldersisterposted 12 years ago

Yes I do believe in miracles.  I believe that if you pray to God and believe in him he will answer your prayers.  There have been many times when Doctors themselves can not believe a patient should have survived.  It was a miracle to them as well

10. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

You ask this question, so I will ask it back. Do YOU believe in Miracles?

11. rLcasaLme profile image70
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

My faith itself is a miracle, a supernatural divine act of God.

12. profile image0
    SusieQ42posted 12 years ago

I've seen the Lord's miracles many times in my life!  I've seen angels and even heard the angels choir.  I believe the Lord can and does heal, I believe that He can keep us safe.  Do you believe in miracles???

13. Crissylite profile image76
    Crissyliteposted 12 years ago

Yeah. I was healed as a toddler. I was sick, actually dying. My family got together, fasted and prayed. The doctor said he'd never seen anyone recover so fast.

Also, my aunt was also healed as a child; diagnosed with bone cancer. My grandfather was not a believer at the time, but was convinced by a friend to come to a church and pray for her. She was immediately healed. The cancer was gone, and the doctor could not explain how.

These are just a few. I could go on.

14. ada125521 profile image61
    ada125521posted 12 years ago

i donot believe in miracle,because it didnot happen

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)