What has been your most enjoyed video game of all time?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)
  1. buckey777 profile image75
    buckey777posted 12 years ago

What has been your most enjoyed video game of all time?

What game from any platform at any time has been your most favorite game ever? Why did you enjoy this game as much as you did?

2. Peter Leeper profile image61
    Peter Leeperposted 12 years ago

Mike Tyson's Punchout on Nintendo.  I liked this game so much because of all of the different characters you had to get through to eventually get to tyson.  The fact that each opponent had either subtle or hidden "tells" that allowed you to figure out how to beat them made it even more fun.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 12 years ago

Mrs. Pac Man is my favorite from all time. It was fun easy and could last a long time.

4. Boefie profile image69
    Boefieposted 12 years ago

Kingdom Hearts on the playstation 2 will always have a special place in my heart. I played it in my younger years.I was enchanted by the disney characters and the solid gameplay/storyline. I loved that game.

1. Sarah Christina profile image71
      Sarah Christinaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was a great game!

5. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 12 years ago

World of Warcraft. It has had years to expand and build a great community.

6. j-u-i-c-e profile image95
    j-u-i-c-eposted 12 years ago

That's a really tough question. If I had to pick which game had the most fun, challenging, and exciting gameplay, I would have to go with Mirror's Edge.

It's a first person parkour game that forces you to stay on the run, think on your feet, and time your jumps perfectly. Most of the time, if you make a mistake, you're done for. There are a lot of different moves to master and you need to have all of them down pat to progress through the levels. It's one of the few single-player games I've played that requires and rewards real skill.

It's not for people who are easily frustrated or who suffer from motion-sickness. smile

7. Khal Blogo profile image61
    Khal Blogoposted 12 years ago

Diablo 2. It's the best game ever made, no other game offers such addicting gameplay.

8. AM Hanson profile image68
    AM Hansonposted 11 years ago

toughie......i'd have to say it's a three-way tie between the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, and the Mass Effect series.

I have a large collection of games and these three are my favorites because of their replay value.  I can always play another runthrough of any of these games and I never get sick of it.  The first Mass Effect game was the first xbox game I ever played, and it's still one of my most played.  Fallout 3 was the first game I bought when I got my own xbox, and I've logged over 150hrs onto a single save file just trying to find every single hidden treasure, bobblehead, and unique weapon.  I've been playin the Elder Scrolls games ever since Morrowind, and they have some of the greatest replay values of any game series I've had the joy of playing.  There are so many ways to build your character and the worlds they create are always completely immersive.

All in all, the best games for me are the ones that I can set aside for a month or two and pick up again on a whim and find myself as engrossed as I was the first time that I played.  Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are particularly good at this, because they are honestly the only games I can say that I've played just to explore and listen to the in-game radio (some of my favorite songs of all time are on it).  When you can pop a game into your computer/xbox/whatever just because you want to walk around in-game and listen to some tunes, it says alot for the game.

9. Sarah Christina profile image71
    Sarah Christinaposted 11 years ago

That is a very tough question. I would have to say Chrono Trigger was probably my most favorite, next to the Final Fantasy Franchise (particularly FF4 & FF8 both of which I played to death). I remember being at a video game rental store, and seeing the ad for Chrono Trigger, and being instantly mesmerized. I rented it, during my school winter break, and as a result barely slept during those 2 weeks. I of course later purchased the game. I enjoyed it so much because it was an original concept, time travel, great story line and characters, and had multiple endings based on your choices. I loved how you could replay and have certain choices create different outcomes in the game. It's just all around one of the greatest games of all time, imho.

10. earny123 profile image68
    earny123posted 11 years ago

PS1 with Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9. Also number 10 was good but the ones after that were poor and getting worse especially the new 13 with the additional games and the new one that will also be horrid when it comes out in February. Totally gone in the wrong direction.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)