What video game past or present has consumed most of your time?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)
  1. warchild75 profile image62
    warchild75posted 11 years ago

What video game past or present has consumed most of your time?

2. Winterfate profile image93
    Winterfateposted 11 years ago

Hmm it's probably a toss up between Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Diablo II, and the first Starcraft. I played each of those games on and off for the better part of ten years, while still being able to play other games too.

(Ah, how I miss not being an adult, at times.)

3. MrsBlunder profile image62
    MrsBlunderposted 11 years ago

I'm ashamed to say it, but the answer for me would be World of Warcraft. :x

4. Veroniquebee profile image65
    Veroniquebeeposted 11 years ago

I think this would be a tie between Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights (+ expansions Shadows of Underntide and Hordes of Underdark), Dragon Age and Diablo.

Well, what can I say, I like to save the world, if not realistically, then at least virtually. smile

5. leakeem profile image79
    leakeemposted 11 years ago

Sins of a solar empire. It takes very very long to play. one of my game lasted eight hours!

6. M. T. Dremer profile image86
    M. T. Dremerposted 11 years ago

World of Warcraft has broken all kinds of time consuming records. I don't know my exact total, but if I added the play time up for each character, I suspect it would make me sad. For offline games, I think I spent the most time with Knights of the Old Republic. It was roughly a 40 hour game and I played it through at least three times.

7. UberGeek Infobox profile image59
    UberGeek Infoboxposted 11 years ago

Oh this one is easy!! As a whole it has to be the Pokemon series!! I put in over a hundred hours in multiple of them and I played hours upon hours of each of Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire and am now getting into Soul Silver.  These games capture you and provide a great number of ways to get to the outcome of beating the Elite Four and trying to catch them all while the "all" seems to reach higher and higher numbers in each newer game.

8. profile image0
    TrinityCatposted 11 years ago

Metroid Prime Hunters. I swear, I think I played online every single day for an entire year. Coming at second place would be Super Smash Bros. Melee.

9. gmarquardt profile image87
    gmarquardtposted 11 years ago

Battlefield 1942. For some reason, being able to run, fly, drive vehicles and boats, just makes for new gameplay everyday online. Too. much. time....

10. BraidedZero profile image85
    BraidedZeroposted 11 years ago

One of the Halo games most likely. I play lots of online games but my favorites are on the consoles. I have sunk endless hours into this series since it came out over 10 years ago.

11. profile image53
    kirkneelyposted 11 years ago

Final Fantasy IX on PSone took me just over 100 hours to beat.  That's the most time I've spent on a single game that actually recorded my hours.  Grand Theft Auto 4 I got up to 60+ hours once I had gotten 100% completion.

The old Warcraft games (1-3) and the original Starcraft were big time-sucks for me.  Those were the first games I would start playing at 9pm and keep saying, "I'll just finish building this base" and then "I got a attacked, I'll rebuild my infantry and build some static defenses, then stop and save" and then next thing I know, I see the sun starting to rise.  But that was many years ago....

12. SkySlave profile image70
    SkySlaveposted 11 years ago

I would say its a tie between Halo 2 for Xbox and Call of Duty Black Ops for the Xobx 360. For a while there i just couldn't put the controller down.

13. Kimberly Vaughn profile image73
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 11 years ago

I am addicted to the Oregon Trail: American Settler App for my Kindle Fire.

14. David Underwood profile image70
    David Underwoodposted 10 years ago

Presently? Dark Souls. I fupping hate that game, but good GODS it's addicting. I've raged at that game far more than any other that I've ever played, even rage-uninstalled it something like 20 times, but something keeps calling me back to the rage-fest that is Lordran. I recently started playing it again, starting a new character, and focused on playing solely online. (I was afraid of invasions and the like before because I knew nearly nothing about the game. Now that I know a whole heap more about how humanity and being Hollowed works, I spend most of my time human with 20k+ souls on me, almost at all times. Also, lag-stabbing like a boss.) I went from around 30 hours on my "main" file, (I used a trainer and played offline with that one), to almost 70 on my new one, all in less than a month. Whoof. Quite a time sink, this game.

Before that, though, I was trying to earn my real-life fortune in Entropia Universe. I spent something around 50 hours farming vibrant sweat from these nasty buggers near the starting area on Calypso, just to make the equivalent of $10. And then I spent all that on a spaceship that almost instantly ran out of fuel upon leaving orbit, and then got shot out of the sky by pirates. 50 hours of work, gone in less than 10 seconds. Rage-uninstalled that shit, post-haste.

But the main game that ate up a ton of my time is Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+. I spent over 100 hours farming for the Ultima Weapon, perfecting my fight against Sephiroth, filling up my Journal, and then getting my ass kicked to next Friday by the Lingering Will. Still haven't gotten 100% on the Journal, and I've resigned myself to the fact that I never will. I've instead decided to get 100% on my Trinity Archives in Birth by Sleep while I take a break from Dark Souls. I recently just lost over 50 humanity and 100k souls in Anor Londo due to my own stupidity. I think I need a break from that game for a while, else my computer might take a break from me, if you catch my drift... >_> lmao

1. warchild75 profile image62
      warchild75posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, It sounds like a lot of dedication you have to put into these games, I commend you sir!!

2. David Underwood profile image70
      David Underwoodposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not dedication, actually. More like perfectionism and a poor sense of time. xD lmao

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)