How to download Flickr images so that I can use them for my hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. ishwaryaa22 profile image81
    ishwaryaa22posted 12 years ago

How to download Flickr images so that I can use them for my hubs?

I am trying to figure out this for a very long time but to no avail. Please guide me how to download Flickr images and use them for my hubs in an easy step by step manner, including the url and source. Thank you very much.

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 12 years ago

Hi. I've got a hub published which gives free image websites to use for hubs. It's really straight forward.  Can't add it here though. Pls MSG me if you can't find it.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are actually allowed to link to hubs that are directly related to questions.

3. moiponetsoka profile image63
    moiponetsokaposted 12 years ago

right click on the image you want then choose copy and go back to pictures folder or create a folder where you want paste then paste the image there.i hope that was helpful if not i hope you get another advice from hubbers.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

You should only use images from the Creative Commons in Flickr, the rest are not available to use without permission. To download images you click "actions" and then on "view all sizes". This gives you the option of download the large size of the picture.

I just use the link to the photograph and cite the source as the photographer.

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Hi ishwaryaa, I hope I can help you. Okay, first of all you have to decide what picture you would like for your hub. For example say you write about a town or city and would like a picture of the main street. All you have to do is write in the name of the town in the search box like you do when you want to find out anything on the web. When you get your google list of answers click on the words along the top of the screen that say images. This will bring up all the photos of the town you have googled. flickr is a good site to get photos but the best thing to do is write in the search box above the photos the exact name of the town, road or person you would like, followed by the words Public Domain photos. This way you are allowed to use them without copyright being a problem. When you see the picture you would like to use, just click on it and it will open. Then right click and choose save too.... this will open your gallery box on your pc and just press save. When you want to use it in your hub go into Edit mode, open the photos edit box and click on the green button this will open up your gallery and then all you do is click on your photo that you need and it will appear in your hub, okay?

6. Maralexa profile image83
    Maralexaposted 12 years ago

Homesteadbound wrote a great article about 7 months ago:  http://homesteadbound.hubpages.com/hub/ … o-Your-Hub

Cindy's hub helped me greatly.  And I use Flickr (advanced search) all the time.

7. craftybegonia profile image61
    craftybegoniaposted 11 years ago

You have to make sure those images are free to use. You cannot just grab images from the net. They have to be public domain.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)