What's your "secret" vice?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Vasiliki Bouras profile image60
    Vasiliki Bourasposted 11 years ago

What's your "secret" vice?

2. wordsmith2418 profile image90
    wordsmith2418posted 11 years ago

Ice cream!!! Though the secret is showing on my belly and hips! I love ice cream, especially french vanilla and butter pecan. But I haven't tried a flavor i didn't like so far.  I have a bowl almost every night and if I had a rough day at work, I might have two. I keep trying to quit but then I start again and basically binge. I need to join Ice Cream Anonymous. LOL!

1. Laura Schneider profile image84
      Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

MMMmm french vanilla... I make milkshakes out of that with extra sugar and whole milk... I'll die next year, but MMMM they're good.

2. Vasiliki Bouras profile image60
      Vasiliki Bourasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Funny! The secret shows on your belly and hips! I wonder if they do have an Ice Cream anonymous?

3. Enni82 profile image59
    Enni82posted 11 years ago

Ice cream as well! And sometimes Mountain Dew!

Ice Cream so far is the winner in these "secret" vices!

4. CriticalMessage profile image67
    CriticalMessageposted 11 years ago

'Hot Sauce', sometimes I have been caught nursing on a bottle of it like a baby on a teat...

Like in the commercials Do you put that "sh*t on everything?"...You're addicted to that wonderful endorphin rush!

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Magazines!!!  I absolutely love, love, love magazines, and since I love, love, love them so much, they become my friends.  My glossly little friends . . .

Ha ha ha!! before the internet...I had tooooo many magazines! I'm sure you did too!

6. Catherine Kane profile image83
    Catherine Kaneposted 11 years ago

If I said, it wouldn't be a secret, would it?....

Touche! And good point!!!

2. Catherine Kane profile image83
      Catherine Kaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Course, my non-secret vice is Hubpages...

7. valery elias profile image51
    valery eliasposted 11 years ago

Not so secret, but it is chocolate! Any way I can get it.

You are a chocohalic....a very common problem today, I'm suprised there are no Chocoholic Anonymous meetings....

8. xstatic profile image61
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

So many vices, so little time... I have to echo Catherine Kane and say I could not possibly reveal the list...

Ha ha! That many, huh!?

9. Barnsey profile image69
    Barnseyposted 11 years ago

The problem with this question is that if I answer it my secret will be all out on the open! What!? So...here goes! Failure. Every time I get close to success and a new horizon...I screw it up in a Don knotts sort of fashion. I just cant help myself....shhhhhh....don't tell.

"Don Knotts sort of fashion". LOL

Okay, I won't tell, but it brings hilarious visions to mind.

I won't tell, your secret is safe...
      I also have a problem with messing up when things start to get good. I don't think your the only one who feels this way about success.

10. Laura Schneider profile image84
    Laura Schneiderposted 11 years ago

Cadbury's Creme eggs. Forget the cute bunnies and chocolate things in baskets, give me a dozen Cadbury's creme eggs.

I have to have at least 1 a year, or the world may stop and cease to continue.

11. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

Potato chips..I eat potato chips and Ice cream and chocolates when I am feeling sad..

Carbs are a proven source of comfort food, No suprise you gravitate towards those foods!!

12. c1234rystal profile image61
    c1234rystalposted 11 years ago

Certain reality television shows. It's so embarrassing lol.

So many of us feel the same way. This is why those shows are still on the air!

13. Peter Leeper profile image60
    Peter Leeperposted 11 years ago

Sadly... Vanilla sugar wafers..  I am addicted and not sure why...

Interesting, In fact...I'm having one now. For Breakfast!

2. Laura Schneider profile image84

Hey, don't feel bad. I used to be severely addicted to lemon drops (the little candies). Went on for a couple of years. I guess they're easy to get addicted to, because I know lots of people who are/were addicted to them, but I have no idea why.

14. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

Guilty pleasure...snacking in the middle of the night while hubbing and Mcdonald's frenchies while driving. Major sins. Lol!

The first step to recovery is realizing you have a problem! :-)

15. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

I enjoy Lady Gaga. And I am straight. And this is extra words because the hubpages said my answer was too short.

Ha ha! Even though your straight, Lady Gaga is famous for a reason, her music is catchy. I'm embaressed to admit it, but I have been caught singing along "I'm on the right track baby I was born this way..."

16. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

Those awful rag mags they have in the supermarket checkstands. Usually I just read the headlines while in line, but once in a while I just have to buy one.

Ahhh, so YOU'RE one of the ones keeping them in business... :-) So, educate us. What do you think--Roswell: real aliens or total hoax?

I know! It's like you could care less what the Brad/Jolie is doing, or if the Princess is pregnant etc...but the glossy pictures are tempting, and you just have a peek at who looks horrible in bathing suits this year and BOOM-Hooked! Ugh!

17. baby-care profile image59
    baby-careposted 11 years ago

I really really love chocolate and something sweets..I can't stop myself to adore it...smile

18. profile image0
    ksinllposted 11 years ago

Reality T.V.shows, as c1234rystal had mentioned.  My most embarrassing one includes a certain rock star.  Also, Nutella (chocolate and hazelnut spread, goes really good with Marscapone cheese).

Nutella and Marscapone!? Really? ...Rock of Love....VH1...my secret vice too. Also, that show where the Entertainer trys to find love in his basement...it all started with I Love New York for me :-(

19. BeccaWood profile image72
    BeccaWoodposted 11 years ago

Just know that you are the best thing that ever happened to yourself and live.

20. blogismylife profile image38
    blogismylifeposted 11 years ago

My secret vice is .......... food smile) healthy food of course , well sometimes fast food is accepted also smile)

21. nancynurse profile image70
    nancynurseposted 11 years ago

Staying up too late reading or writing. I usually pay for this in the morning!!!

I hear you! Your a night owl and can't help it. That's when most people have the time to actually get some research and writing done.

22. Dr. Haddox profile image60
    Dr. Haddoxposted 11 years ago

Hello Vasikiki Bouras.  Your question is very interesting. What is my secret vice? Once I tell you, it will no longer be a secret, right? (smile). It is more interesting when one defines what a vice is. Great definitions of "vice," within the context of your question are: 1) an evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit, 2) a serious moral failing, 3) sexual immorality, 4) a slight personal failing,  or 5) a physical defect or weakness.
    As you can see, a vice can be a very serious problem or "a little of nothing," as is noted in definition 4, "a slight personal failing."
    My secret vice is "a problematic love of sugar." I love sugar, lots of it. I like anything sweet, a lot. I like candy, lots of it. I like sweet drinks. I like cake, ice cream, etc.
    The problem is, I am a physician of status, with respect in the community, and I am looked up to as an upright person, whose character, and knowledge of "right and wrong," is beyond reproach. People who know me well see me as a flawless individual. Yet, I love sugar.
    I am a Japanese Nature Farmer, an expert on Organic foods and organic farming, one of greatest in the Global community, that is, one of the best in the world. Yet I have this flaw, this weakness this "thing" for sugar.
    I am addicted to sugar. If I do not overcome this addiction before it is too late it will surely kill me. How will that read in my bibliography, after I am dead and gone, "He kill himself because of an addiction to sugar."
    Take care.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

Wow Dr. Haddox, what an indeoth answer! because I have limited space to comment, I would have to say, as you may already know..many people also share that guilty pleasure! For me, it's salty foods! Luckily I don't have high blood pressure.

I was laughing through your entire post. I'm also addicted to dictionaries, so when you began with a definition I was caught. Socrates said, "The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms". If only we could find out what he said next...

23. livingpah2004 profile image59
    livingpah2004posted 11 years ago

Why would I want to reveal my secrets.? No way? Very clever.

24. Johnathan L Groom profile image36
    Johnathan L Groomposted 11 years ago

we all have secrets, and they are best told to ourselves- vices included....

Good one! It is a secret vice after all!

25. Ciel Clark profile image72
    Ciel Clarkposted 11 years ago

Gothic romances.  I majored in classic literature, am an English teacher, and love reading original and well-written books...  but my secret(ish) vice, (maybe similar to reality shows or gossip magazines of today), is reading Gothic romances written between about 1850- 1950.  It's not a secret to my librarians, but I don't broadcast this to the people in my immediate surroundings!

The most unique and totally not predictable answer yet. Gothic Romances...hmmm.. wow, That's a new one!

Haha, that's a good one. You must remember to bribe your librarians at appropriate holidays, however. :-)

26. That Grrl profile image73
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

Ice cream. Not a huge secret. I wear it well.

Funny!!

ROTFL I'm getting there myself. There's a certain thing called exercise that's the antidote for the side-effects of ice cream, but I hate exercise.

27. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 11 years ago

Has to be chocolate! Yummy!Yummy!Yummy!
    Topaz Blue

28. losefat101 profile image40
    losefat101posted 11 years ago

My secret vice is that I can keep secrets of other people vices. Haha!

29. Vegas Elias profile image61
    Vegas Eliasposted 11 years ago

My secret vice is something I have been enjoying just because it is a secret and I wish to enjoy it ever after. So I would not like to disclose it.

30. josh3418 profile image68
    josh3418posted 11 years ago

I love, love, love gummy bears. I could eat them all day,  Fortunately for my body, I often resist and rarely eat them(that is as much as I used to)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)