Do I alone shudder in horror imagining a Romney Whitehouse and foreign relations

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 11 years ago

Do I alone shudder in horror imagining a Romney Whitehouse and foreign relations?

"Corporations are people, my friends"?!
    "I like firing people".
    "If elected President, my first act will be..." (to undo everything Barack Obama accomplished)!!
    How 'bout having your own agenda - your own opinion, instead of flip-flopping around like a fish stuck on land every time you think the political winds change?

2. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

No you are not alone.  I feel the same way.  The problem with all poiitical entities today, is that you can't hold these people accountable for anything they say or do once they get in office.  That applies to presidents, congress at federal, state, and local levels on both sides of the aisle. That's why they flip- flop around like fish on land.

Romeny is corporatist who has Super PACs that wiil spend gazillions of dollars to attack Obama. The money comes from corporations and monyed interests that have an agenda that does not represent the peoples interests. I shudder to say how he will deal with foreign policy. I'm sure as a corporatist, he has many big business foreign connections.

Republicans are very good at being cohesive and developing effective propaganda. They are much better at it than Democrats are. Sad to say, but I think that gives them a political edge...we can only hope.

3. Lions Den Media profile image60
    Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years ago

Stan could it be possible to dispense with the melodramatics? Legally - Corporations are people so I'm unclear as what your astonishment is with that fact of law. Certainly you've most likely worked for a corporation and as such received checks from the company. And furthermore it's most inconceivable that you did not run to the bank to cash that check. Then there is the fact that you are posting a question on the website of a corporation. Hence, what I shudder at is your hypocrisy!

Then there is your quote "I like firing people" which is taken out of context, whereupon what he stated was he likes being able to fire people that are not performing, as opposed to continuing to pay that person for inferior work. But apparently Stan, you prefer paying people for incompetence.

You know Harry Truman ended the WWII w/the Japanese by obliterating two cities with two atomic bombs and thus leaving them in rubble. So the President accomplished something, but it left one hell of a mess -- do you not clean up the mess?

Obamacare is a the atomic bomb unleashed on America. This Obamacare bill was claimed not to be a tax. The court ruled that is was a tax. Would Obamacare have passed if it were claimed to be a tax - certainly not. Currently health care under Obama has increased approx. 30 percent this year alone. The argument asserted by Obama was that it would bring down costs.

So what you are arguing in favor for is: INCREASED TAXES, unlimited insurance premiums, higher insurance costs, lower quality of care and adding yet another government entitlement program. Perhaps your decision was predicated on the fact that you think the other gov. entitlement programs, which are poorly operated and ALL bankrupt (Medicare, Medicaid, SS, $57 trillion in debt = bankrupt = fire the employees in charge).

You are also claiming that "allowing government to tax Americans for NOT engaging in an activity the government wants you to engage in" is simply wonderful. You apparently do not "SHUDDER" at the newly obtained unlimited power of the gov to TAX all Americans without restraint. So excuse me if I'm not shuddering over foreign policy -- because America has already been taken over from within.

1. lostdogrwd profile image60
      lostdogrwdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

2000 a surplus and eight years later a 11 to 14 trillion dollars debt that the people is told we have to paid and because a  republican told you it a debt that it not a tax. and on top of that the feds own SS( which is paid for) close to 50 trillion.

2. peoplepower73 profile image89
      peoplepower73posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it interesting that you abide by Citizens United becaues it's a law, but you don't abide by Obama Care.  It's a law as well.  The tax you speak of is for only those that refuse to get insurance.  That's 1% of the population.

3. Lions Den Media profile image60
      Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LD your facts are incorrect. Obama spent $5 trillion 4 yrs. Bush spent $5 trillion 8 yrs. Clinton spent $2 trillion and left Bush $5 trillion in debt. Also the gov doesn't own a darn thing, the taxpayers own it. SS by the way is BANKRUPT.

4. stanwshura profile image71
      stanwshuraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm a hypocrite 'cause I've dealt with and patronize business, work for a paycheck and yet find absurdity in Mitthead calling corp. a thing?  Brush up on your grammar, honey (and your logic).  No melodrama from me.  Hypocrisy?  You're drenched in it.

5. Conservative Lady profile image70
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for putting all the facts together in your answer Lions Den - I was getting ready to start my rant when I saw your sane and succint response. Saved me a lot of typing! I agree with your response 100%

6. Lions Den Media profile image60
      Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Stan - what's your point? Perhaps you should know of what you speak before vomiting forth obtuse irrationality. So Princess, I've provide you the definition of a corp to enhance your knowledge base http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation smile)Thanks

7. stanwshura profile image71
      stanwshuraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, dear lioness.  Okay - newsflash.  My knowledge base does have gaps!  So does yours!  Dear *God*, NOOO!  The yang for me, however, is a solid command of that to which I dare to write.  And, I'm literal.  A corp≠a person, it's OF them.  Get a clue.

8. peoplepower73 profile image89
      peoplepower73posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lions Den Media:  Just to keep the record straight, social security is not bankrupt.  It has 47 million dollars. Accoding to the Congressional Budget Office(CBO), that will last until 2037. At that time, it will still able to payout 70%.

4. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 11 years ago

if he win, this country deserves everything he said he will  do. the people in this country already elected a person who has oil friends and BANKRUPT EVERY BUSINESS HE EVER OWN  in former president Bush. ( check it out) and he bankrupt the country and oil price as high as $150 a barrel and gas as high as $5 a gal.Romney make money buy buying up business and consolidating or bankrupt to consolidated to make money and he will do the same as president and the only job growth will be job to sever the rich for penny and any manufacturing job still here will be out of the country and outsource government jobs to India or somewhere else.

5. junkseller profile image77
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

Romney would be a disaster. He will carry out the mythical Republican agenda, cutting taxes in a misguided belief in their magical powers to create jobs while keeping spending high fighting wars against imaginary enemies. High spending and low revenue = deficits = increasing debts = a very poor economy. And that would be without even considering the other disasters which would result from his black-and-white view of the world and his love affair with fossil fuels. Any of the three of those things would be bad by themselves. Combined? well, it might be time to consider moving (or to seriously start thinking about space colonization).

People shouldn't ever elect someone for whom regular people are abstract concepts, or they will find that they are treated as such.

6. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 11 years ago

There is a split in our country right now, one very visible even here on these hubs.  You find the well informed Hubbers who are able to articulate well their positions.
    And you find other Hubbers that are basing their beliefs on what they have heard in the media and in their daily lives.
    That takes cares of about 80% of the people, with everyone else falling in the other 20% that don't fit neatly into those two.
    The majority of the first group support Romney, and most of them have small misgivings, but they understand enough of the facts, and many of them enough of accounting/math to know that Obama is taking us in the wrong direction economically, and if he gets four more years, based on everything HE has said, things are going to get even worse if he gets four more years.

things are worse now than they were two years ago... we are going in the wrong direction.

#1 Romney wants to take on China's trade status, Obama will not

#2 Romney wants to lift all of Obama's regulations which practically ban all new coal mining, and his near stop to all new oil drilling... this issue does not just effect jobs, it effects future energy prices.

#3 Obama promises to raise taxes on business, Romney won't, but he does want to lower corporate taxes (which are the highest in the world).

Obama's problem is he wants to do all these 'good' things... he has doubled the number of people on Welfare from 47 million to 109 million that alone now takes up more than 25% of Fed spending in this year's budget;
    Obama wants to heavily regulate coal burning and coal mining, but more than 50% of the Nation's electricity production comes from coal... 50%

Good intentions... without a full grasp of the costs

Obamacare another perfect example, new taxes that will hit us all come 2014, higher costs for insurance despite promises that they would be lowered... good intentions, that will hit a lot of struggling working families in the pocket book.

Obama's whole concept that the Federal government can fix these problems will just create more taxes, more red tape, more struggles for those that already have jobs...for those 25-50 million Americans (depending on what percentage you want to count) unemployed will only suffer more.

Another example of Obama putting ideology ahead of reality, DoD spending cuts set to hit on January 1st 2013 will equal 1,149,464 Jobs lost according to the Center for Security Policy, 9/10/12...and not one of those poor people will get word until after the election

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)