How does it feel, when your hub is viewed, but not commented?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

How does it feel, when your hub is viewed, but not commented?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I have to assume that a lot of people will read it and not comment. I read a lot of articles online and do not leave comments. I might be researching something and want the information and am not really concerned about commenting to the author.

So I imagine that is true of people here, they might read a hub, nod in agreement, or not, and then move on.

I don't take it personally if they don't comment because the article is about the subject matter and not the writer.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks duffsmom, for responding to the question. I get your point and agree with it. The whole aim is that,  people  should like, what you write.

3. flashmakeit profile image60
    flashmakeitposted 11 years ago

i feel joy when I receive a lot of view from Google.  When I receive comments I feel even more joy so maybe I should write more comments on hubs if I can find the time to do that.

Hi flashmakeit!
      It is always a pleasure to  read your comments. Thanks for this answer. Have a good day.

4. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't mind. I do read other hubs and not necessarily comment on them. I also don't expect other readers to do the same. You mentioned "viewed", so if they only viewed it without actually reading it, guess there's nothing to comment about. Nevertheless, it's totally fine for me. I wouldn't take it personally.  But I always appreciate people leaving me some comments and the community do encourage it.

Thanks CrisSp, for your answer.  I feel 'reading' is important, rather than just 'viewing'. And a comment is just a way to encourage the writer, that his work is appreciated.

5. collegeman2 profile image69
    collegeman2posted 11 years ago

I have also read other peoples hubs and not felt a need to comment. Sometimes it is because the subject was something that I was not very familiar with and I do not have anything substantive to add, but that does not mean that I did not enjoy reading it.

Hi collegeman!
      Thanks for your answer. I agree with you. Enjoying the hub is more important. Have a nice day.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

That is most often the case. I appreciate comments, but don't expect them. Most people who read will not comment. I can tell by Google Analytics how much time they have spent on my hubs, if they spend a decent amount of time there, I can safely assume they liked it enough to read it. That is good enough for me.

Thanks Sherry Hewins, for answering the question. I think, that's what we should do---appreciate it ( the comments), but do not expect it. Thanks again.

7. Pop Culture World profile image82
    Pop Culture Worldposted 11 years ago

A lot of people don't have time to comment on what they read. Most are simply interested in getting the information they are looking for and exiting. I feel fine about this.

Thanks Pop Culture World, for your response. I got your point and I do appreciate it. Have a good day.

8. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

I'm fine with that. Honestly, I'm still amazed with how many people read what I write.

Thanks Iburmaster, for your response.  I am sure you must be having lot of viewership.

9. kellyteam profile image60
    kellyteamposted 11 years ago

I don't understand. I guess I thought that was suppose to happen. Obviously not. I wish more would so I know what I need to do to continuously improve. But, its all good. I'm grateful they take the time to read them.

Thanks kellyteam, for taking the time to answer the question. Even I feel good, when people read, what I write.

10. TeachableMoments profile image70
    TeachableMomentsposted 11 years ago

All I can hope for is that the reader enjoyed my hub and will come back again. However, it does feel nice when someone makes a comment. smile

Thanks TeachableMoments, for answering the question. I agree with your views completely.

11. Krysanthe profile image92
    Krysantheposted 11 years ago

I've never even given it a thought. I rarely comment, but do read things.   To be honest, I don't want a lot of comments that say "good hub,"  so I don't expect someone to comment unless they really have something insightful to say about the topic of my hub.

Thanks Krysanthe, for taking the time to answer the question. You are right,  insight comments are greatly appreciated.

12. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

I had a hub which reached about 100,000 views before ever getting a comment.

Unless the hub is EXTREMELY helpful or controversial, most people are just happy to read and leave.

1. kellyteam profile image60
      kellyteamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's good to know. Thanks.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Hi WryLilt!
      WOW! For your page views.  It must be very satisfying to see such a great response. I appreciate and agree with your views. Thanks for answering the question.

13. msLarayne profile image61
    msLarayneposted 11 years ago

It's perfectly fine.  It's nice getting feedback from others and having a dialog, but it's not always going to come.  That's like expecting to always win a grammy lol. It makes me appreciate when I do get comments that much more!

Thanks msLarayne, for your response. I agree, a dialogue or interaction is always welcome. But, it can not happen every time. Have a good day.

14. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 11 years ago

It honestly doesn't bother me at all since there are a few articles I read on HP and online in general that I really enjoy but don't feel I have anything worthwhile to write about it. I think when I leave a comment that just says 'great hub' then the writers might wonder if I've actually read the hub at all, so unless I can say something worthwhile, then I leave the comment out. I guess that some folks who read my hubs are just the same as me.

Thanks Seeker7, for responding to the question.  I agree with you. Have a good day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)