I have been waiting two weeks now to get my account reviewed by Google.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. rob211rp profile image75
    rob211rpposted 11 years ago

I have been waiting two weeks now to get my account reviewed by Google.

My account was partially approved and I am wondering how long it will take to get full acceptance to google adsense.

Also, do you guys really earn money at this site and how much? How can a person get more traffic from people who will click on ads?

2. missa72542 profile image90
    missa72542posted 11 years ago

If you got an email saying something about "We've done a partial review" then you are accepted. I got this email but nothing was showing on my website.

Go into your google adsense account. Play around with the website and then create an "ad code". Just create a simple default one and after you do that, you should start seeing ads on your hubs in a few hours/the next day.

Let me know if that helps.

I've been here for 2 months and I've earned a total of $4. The money was extremely slow at first. I barely made $1 in the first month. But this month it really picked up because I paid a lot of attention to backlinking and getting my hubs out in the public. I've also written 34 hubs in that time.

As long as you take everyone's advice, you'll see the potential to make money. (Pay attention to backlinks, write about search friendly topics, etc.)

It's really fun here, and the community is great. I can't think of a better place to write on the internet.

Also, welcome to HubPages! I'm sure you'll love it here smile

rob211rpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have associated my accounts on hubpages and it is now showing active but I went to google adsense and it shows still under review. I read and looked around and it said that I needed the ad code which I got but now where do I enter it at?

2. missa72542 profile image90
      missa72542posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Okay, At this point go to the AdSense website. i forgot the website url, just Google adsense if you don't know either. Click on "My Ads" at the top. Then you should see "New Ad Unit". Click this and enter a name for a unit. Then "Save and Get Code"

3. missa72542 profile image90

Let me know if that works for you. You don't have to do much else besides entering in a name for your unit.

4. rob211rp profile image75

Well I just got 2 cents put into my hubpages account today so it all must be working. However; it still shows account under review on adsense? I and no money on that site. If you have any more tips let me know. Thanks!

5. missa72542 profile image90

You wont actually make that much money from AdSense. Most of your money comes from HubPages, but you needed adsense to start on HP. Just keep writing, having fun, read tips from other hubbers and you'll be well on your way smile Good luck to you!

3. Tommyknocker profile image57
    Tommyknockerposted 11 years ago

I was in the same problem as you. Go to your earnings page and click the ad sense configure button I think. Then click to say you already have an ad sense account.

Then type the login details of Ad sense.

It should then say your linked up or something.

1. missa72542 profile image90

Oh right, this too. Forgot about this step.

4. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 11 years ago

Hi, there, Rob!
    As far as I know, the partial approval is telling you that you have to contribute more articles or hubs that will meet Google AdSense standard. That's what I did when I was told that my first application was denied due to insufficient published materials.
    My first payout came after nine months here in the Philippines thru Western Union. I was so excited. Then, the succeeding payout was every after 3 months.
    But when I enrolled at the HP's Ad Program, my Google Adsense earnings dwindled. I had to ask the Google people why is it happening. Still, I am waiting for their response.
    To get more traffic, you can promote it on Facebook (share it) or Twitter (tweet) and Pinterest (pin it). There are lots of sharing sites where you can gain followers that will be interested to click your ads.
    Best of luck to you, brother!

P.S./By the way, you can also include, Google+ and YouTube in order to gain more audience at your page:)
    There are lots of things that you can manage if you are already enrolled at Google AdSense.
    You can also open your Blogger account. where you can link your hubs. Blog about it.
    There are lots of possibilities. Take it slowly but surely. smile

5. thecrazzykylex profile image40
    thecrazzykylexposted 11 years ago

By estimating your big expectations, I bet Adsense is going to be a real disappoinment for you. The truth is you are going to make $0.1 per month. And I don't think you have been here for more than 3 years.

Regarding Adsense approval, my suggestion is better make a blog on blogspot (as it is owned by Google) and then apply for Adsense. Don't worry, you can use the same adsense account for all your websites smile

6. DDE profile image46
    DDEposted 11 years ago

Your account is still being reviewed, it would take a while and I agree with missa72542

7. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

Don't worry.  It may take such longtime sometimes.  I too face such case but for a shorter period with 1 week..  You may also check with adsense site.  Some people earn well. but many don't earn anything.  We need to work hard for revenue.

8. livhappy profile image60
    livhappyposted 11 years ago

To answer your first question, I have been waiting a couple weeks now as well. I generally takes up to four weeks but can sometimes take longer. Sometimes it could take only a few days. But, yes people do really make money from this site. If the work is put into it then it can actually become a huge success. A woman I have touched base with makes between 6 and 8 thousand dollars a month. Granted she has been doing this for years. It doesn't always happen right away and can take awhile for your hubs to become known. Google also keeps a close eye on whether you click on ads from your own page and whether you are having other people purposely click on ads from your page for you...they will find out. So the best bet would be to be involved in hubpages by commenting on hubs, asking and answering questions and hub hopping. Also, try getting your hubs out there on other social networking sites. Good Luck : )

9. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

If earning money is your focus and you are looking for a significant amount of money, then put your energy into setting up a lemonade stand.  To see $100 per month in income, you will likely need a daily traffic level of well over 500 hits per day at the very least.  With the domain system and the way Google has de-indexed some of its subject matter in searches, that level of exposure become more difficult all the time.  I have one article which really broke outside the HP world and went a bit viral in a few short months.  That single hub now has three to four times the accumulated traffic of my best hubs.  What did I do to get it there....nothing that I was aware of.  There may be a few people here at HP making a fair amount on a monthly basis but the vast majority of them are here to write first and the little money coming from it is a nice extra.  ~WB

Could you elaborate on what a lemonade stand is?

10. cheetah786 profile image52
    cheetah786posted 11 years ago

get .com domain and try to approve adsense from there. you will get one step approval.. earning from is tuff job at initial stages, but once you build a good blog or hubs you will get autopilot income..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)