If you woke up as The President of the United States, what is the first thing yo

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Kimberly Vaughn profile image74
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 11 years ago

If you woke up as The President of the United States, what is the first thing you would do?

2. cam8510 profile image91
    cam8510posted 11 years ago

Let's see.  I would fire the federal government.  Then I would have breakfast and go back to bed.

1. Skarlet profile image84
      Skarletposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha. I wish you were president.

2. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love your answer!

3. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

First thing I would do would be to shake things up.

I'd start by exposing the corrupt system to the American public. I'd lay out all the dirty laundry of bad, corrupt and tyrannical legislation over the past century. I'd reveal the fact that the private Federal Reserve Bank and its debt-based currency is an elaborate Ponzi scheme with a century-long fuse.

I'd reveal the techniques of tyranny -- the Problem-Reaction-Solution Hegelian dialectic. I'd air the crimes of past administrations -- how the Bush administration participated in 9/11 and in the murder of our own American citizens all for the greed of Bush, Cheney, the Neocons and their lust for power in the Middle East.

For more than a century, the Constitution has been slowly shredded, and like the proverbial frog in a pot on the stove, the slow boil hasn't disturbed us until it's too late.

I would repeal by Executive Order all laws that were unconstitutional. I would mandate that all laws be given sufficient time in Congress for thorough discussion before voting so that we don't have draconian, tyrannical legislation slipped through without so much as a moment to read that legislation.

I would act by Executive Order to kick all Corporate lobbyists out of Washington and would make it a treasonous offense for anyone to attempt to influence a congressman in such ways ever again. I would separate Corporation and State, making it illegal, by Executive Order, for any Corporation to contribute to the campaign of any politician. I would promote limits on individual campaign contributions, so that the very rich could not sway the country one way or another.

I would make it illegal for any officer, military or civil, to go into someone's property without a warrant. I would restore Habeas Corpus. I would restore Posse Comitatus. I would restore the ability of citizens to protest what the government is doing without fear of being arrested for a felony.

I would close Guantanamo and insist on the immediate trial of all individuals there. I would redress for the wrongs of those held there who were innocent of all charges.

I would arrest Bushy, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, Obama and others for treason and expend billions if necessary to get to the bottom of the corruption.

And then I would slash government to the bone. Pull back the military. Eliminate income tax. Abolish the Federal Reserve. And restore the rule of law.

So many presidents have stepped over the bounds of president. I would do the same to restore

Kimberly Vaughnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! You really have a plan! Sounds like you should be on the ballot for 2016. I am all about getting rid of Corporate Lobbyists and closing Guantanamo also.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I would attempt to bring Washington politicians salaries down to a level that isn't obscene.  They are making way way too much money and yet sit in judgment attempting to fix the economy.

It is so unfair and unbalanced.  They have perks up the "you know what" and still make more money in a year then I will in a lifetime.  I wish something could be done.

I agree! I saw a quote someone else wrote anout changing their salaries to minimum wage and seeing how fast things change. I would love to do that.

5. nanderson500 profile image78
    nanderson500posted 11 years ago

Announce that an alien invasion was imminent and then kick back on the couch with some popcorn and watch the chaos on television.

6. MickeySr profile image78
    MickeySrposted 11 years ago

My attention would first be aimed at abolishing political parties, so candidates would have to run as themselves not as the prop of a political machine, and then totally retool the campaign season and funding process - the first step to promote America to the land it was designed and so has the potential to be, it seems to me, is to wrest the system by which 'we the people' choose our government representatives from career-politics and special interests, so we have a better chance at getting authentic civilian servants as our elected officials.

Then I would attend to vastly minimizing the scope, power, and intrusion of government into the lives of 'we the people'.

I definitely think the campaign process needs attention.

7. glenn wallace profile image69
    glenn wallaceposted 11 years ago

Make sweet, sweet love to Michelle, all while humming "Hail to the Chief." Then I'd get the IRS on the phone and tell them a certain family in Colorado really should be exempt from having to pay taxes any more.

And then I'd probably feel guilty, and decide to do something actually productive, like institute real tax reform; cut back on military spending (seriously guys, we're winding down two wars. Shouldn't we naturally be able to cut back?); actually close Guantanamo like I promised to five years ago; overhaul those terribly wasteful, ineffective, groping jerks known as the TSA; and lastly, get Petraeus, Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and Arnold Schwarzenegger all together on a giant "what not to do in a marriage" speaking tour.

I actually laughed out loud at this one. Great ideas!

2. glenn wallace profile image69
      glenn wallaceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks!

8. Vik Beluso profile image67
    Vik Belusoposted 11 years ago

Withdraw all American forces from foriegn countries. Sign the Kyoto protocols. Resign.

I know that the Kyoto Protocols are suppose to prevent climate change and that pretty much every other country besides that United States and Canada are participating. I don't understand why the U.S. and Canada are not participating.

9. lburmaster profile image71
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Change the health care bill, make abortion illegal unless of a medical solution, change up the border patrol, then focus on the spending.

10. connorj profile image70
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7375086_f260.jpg

Simultaneously I would cut spending, invest in Canadian oil reserves and reduce the tax burden on businesses so they could begin to increase their workforce. Do you remember Reaganomics? Think about Reaganomics without the burden of foreign conflicts; I believe it would be a quick recovery and then we could focus on cleaning up our environment...

11. Levellandmike profile image79
    Levellandmikeposted 10 years ago

I would quote Richard M. Nixon: "I shall resign the presidency, effective noon tomorrow."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)