Good morning thread

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

At least for those in the Eastern US/Canada...

What do you have planned for today? I'm returning some clothes I don't like, I'm buying a fly swatter, and I'm getting my hair cut smile

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

buying a fly swatter? That IS interesting, I guess there is a story behind that.  smile I hope your hair comes out how you want it, it sucks so bad when they mess it up. to answer your pretty cool question, it is 9:31 right now. I am freaking out some cuz I stupidly read my horoscope, and it said to be ready for marital  problems tomorrow....sopmething I REALLY dont need right now. And my kids are gone for about an hour. My hubby is working, and so I should be cleaning and instead, Im catching up on email and well....forums. My plans are to drag myself out of hubpages, clean my house, get some groceries, harvest and roast the sunflower seeds, do some schoolwork with the kiddos when they return, laundry..and I will most likely entertain some phone calls from friends who are going thru crisis right now. same old same old.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning from Western US.
      I'm going to eat a good breakfast, wedding rehearsal at 10 am, 2pm build the dance floor in the garden where the wedding is held, and put all the sound equipment up,

and at 4 pm, walk my only daughter down the aisle to her marriage.

After that, I will celebrate for a while and then spend the rest of my mortal existence paying it all off.

And she was quite frugal. LOL

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope her day is beautiful!  How exciting!

2. Info Help profile image61
        Info Helpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like it's going to be a good day for you smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Good morning! Have a great one! smile

3. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Good morning. I'm planning to laze around in the house and then cut myself some slack.

4. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

we have friends coming in from out-of-town...

5. XTASIS profile image60
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

Good morning ! I will do some shopping.

6. smokenchic profile image60
    smokenchicposted 14 years ago

shopping, and then out to watch a local band tonight

7. mommyfreelancer profile image75
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

UW, your hair is short already! smile

Good morning to you, almost bedtime here in the Philippines smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not anymore smile

8. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Mowing the #*$% lawn and then a dove shoot in the afternoon.  Still hot here!

1. profile image0

darn, I wish it was hot here!!!!!!! we had the WORST sumemr, and now its almost winter. It rained for all but 3 days in June. ugh.

1. lrohner profile image70
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you on the east coast Redneck?

1. profile image0

how could you tell? was it all the RAIN!!!!!! Im in Maine, East as you can get in the US.

This summer the weather here in Connecticut felt more like Seattle! We had a week or two of nice weather in August, a couple of 95+ degree days in April and that's about it. Grey, rainy and cloudy.

9. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

it is 9 am here  good morning  going to take my student to brunch then i am home for the weekend to hibernate

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

or do you mean hubbernate smile

1. fortunerep profile image68
        fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, i am an hub addict, so I will be hubbing lol

10. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I am drinking coffee, persuing the WWW and buggering about in general. I made a great phone call to the UK earlier, which put a bigger than usual smile on my face. It's now 2pm and I expect I'll do nothing much this afternoon, over and above cook up some curry.

And for the record UW, I cut my hair yesterday. It was annoying the hell from me, dangling around. So I gave it a rare brush then took some scissors to it. It's now rather interesting. More so because I didn't use a mirror big_smile

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I plan on mowing my wee estate, maybe chipping some limbs and I must pick up dog poo. Some general chores more. Read some great hubs and mess about the forums some. Probably fire up the Weber later today and then take the rotten pups all for their daily walkabout.

1. profile image0

awww stop it, you love your pups!!! just not the poo.....

12. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Dog poo?  TKsensei must have visited you!

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean that little butt sniffer? haha

13. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Late start today -- just starting on my first cup of coffee. It's cold and rainy here, so probably won't be doing much of anything today except writing!

1. profile image0

rain in fall stinks. sad get a good book, and take care of yourself. Hope all is well....

14. Gemsong profile image63
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

It's about 9:30 am. I'm on my third cup of coffee. Finally had a good night sleep. Had an idea for a hub and doing research while spouse watches a fishing video.

Rather I was doing research but now I'm forums futzing around and watching my author score drop.

15. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Well 0840 in TX, but I haven't been to bed yet.  My "night owl" has really gotten out of hand at times since I retired (from the Air Force in Dec). If I get up by mid-afternoon, might make it to the commissary for groceries. If not, Sun or Mon.  Need to make the weekly call to Mom, or Sun or Mon.  Entirely possible I get nothing done today besides TV and HP.

LOL! You sound just like me! Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow! smile

16. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Good morning back. Put on my water-resistant walking gear and did my miles. Will do some house cleaning and hub writing today.

17. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Good morning, its 9:28.  I just finished my first cup of coffee.  I am enjoying some much needed peace and quiet while my husband is off watching my son's soccer game.

I'm doing laundry and need to clean the upstairs.

Its a beautiful day.  There are about 1000 geese out back, who are being very very quiet as they can hear the gun shots. Its Early Canadian geese season.  I believe these geese know what they are doing, because you cannot hunt within 500 yards of a home, they are staying close big_smile (giggles)

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are being overrun with these geese down here.  Not good to eat in my opinion.  They will land in a peanut field after the peanuts have been turned up to dry and eat them all from the vines.  Beautiful birds but terrible pests to agricultural interests.  The golf course owners hate them too as they make a mess on the greens.  Please Canadians, keep your geese at home!

18. Info Help profile image61
    Info Helpposted 14 years ago

Good morning everyone! It's quite gloomy outside today, perfect day to cook and hub smile

19. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Good morning to you all. Wow I wish it's still Saturday morning here. In any case, it's almost 11 pm here smile. So I'm also wishing everybody good night smile.

20. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I had a whole bunch of flies in my house last night so I tried to find a fly swatter. I could not find a fly swatter in Wal-Mart so I bought one of those bug zappers. That thing is completely useless. Does not zap anything including me when I touch it. So, it'll go back tomorrow. So, I went around with a book and got them all smile

I have been leaving my balcony door open for the cat so flies think this is the YMCA... No more of that. I guess they are looking for places to hibernate.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just open the window and let them out! HA!

21. smokenchic profile image60
    smokenchicposted 14 years ago

go to the hardware store and by some of those sticky things that hang from your ceiling...ain't to pretty, but it will clear them up pretty fast....lol. yuck fly's, with the children running in and out all summer I get a lot of them.

22. Envoy profile image67
    Envoyposted 14 years ago

Good morning hubbers (good night to some of you)

I am drinking my coffee then going to get busy finishing some tile work & paint in master bath.  Fun stuff smile
    Of course on my breaks will be poppin into hp to feed my addiction.

Congrats Daniel ~that's an awesome day!

23. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I was nursing a brandy-induced slight hangover, but had no choice but to get chipper seeing as I have 3 children who demand that from me smile  Besides that, I will be visiting all afternoon so that my poor hubby who worked the 12-8am shift last night can get some sleep 'sans brouille!'

24. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Well, it is afternoon now, but hiya. Trying to get motivated to write something anything so I started here.

Hope you all have a great day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)