The Wild Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 66 discussions (97 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I remember the good old days around here, just thought I'd see if there is anything left.

Everything is on the table. Post any conversation you want. What is on you mind? What did you accomplish today or recently? What is your opinion about the latest fiasco reported on the media? Pin forum rules violations, but everything else is a go. I'll start.

AdSense has been outstanding lately.

Last doctor's visit was good news.

Got the bougainvillea trimmed.

Flipboard is useless as to generating traffic, but they do send me interesting articles to read.

I just got back from the new doctor's office. Totally positive vibes from beginning to end. I figured I'd be thrown out for sure when I had printed in big capital letters ""ONLY PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERED SERVICES ONLY" directly above everyplace where they wanted my signature on that multi-page contract. You can read more at [sorry, not doing links].

I looked up Atlantic hurricane season. Runs from June 1 to November 30. Maybe if one of them were to drop by DC, certain politicians might see the light.

Uh-oh. Irma is looking for Harvey, probably regarding child support.

Woke up at 6:30 in the morning to 84 degrees, wtf. Another interesting day lies ahead.

About HubPro Premium from where I posted elsewhere:

"Advantages make take awhile to happen, i.e., increased traffic over time. However, there's some things you should be made aware of in advance, so that you don't have a heart attack. They are going to select and overhaul your hubs that already have the highest traffic, so you need to keep an eye on those Amazon ads. You will be allowed to know the editor's name and to dialogue with her as much as you want. When the editor is done, you can change back whatever you want. However, the usual threats apply as to being thrown off the niche site, etc. Based on my own experiences as to results, you will not need to ask Lela to send you Nibbler's Xanax stash. In fact, HP is more than welcome to Hub Pro Premium any of my remaining hubs they wish."

The best proof there is Intelligent Life in outer space is the fact it hasn’t come here.

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Just because I don't react, doesn't mean I didn't notice.

If at first you don’t succeed, the hell with it.

As to the above four quotes, [sorry, not doing links].

Recent combat as to 82 Camaro versus State of California regarding smog test issues. The Camaro lost. Looks like my driving days are over.

A recent FB post of mine, don't bother going to my profile. Link not there.

"Interesting how dealing with one problem ends up solving another. A little while back there was news about how the Chrome browser is going to start messing with http sites (versus https). So I installed Chrome to start dealing with this situation as it will eventually apply to my own websites. Today FireFox did an upgrade. As a result my website editor suddenly started acting flaky. To make a long story short, the Blogger editor was no longer compatible with the FireFox browser. So I tried Chrome. Everything worked fine and dandy. Problem solved. As a side note. I use the website editor almost every day. So, looks like Firefox has lost a user and Chrome has gained one."

Well, I've commented enough for now. Let's see what happens. I'll drop by now and then; today, possibly a lot, going forward is unknown.

As previously mentioned, post whatever you want. Just don't do forum no-no's.

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@paradigmsearch,
      Wow! Your post would make a tremendous hub. Loved the material.
      I got up at 9:45 a.m. today, August 2
      Ate a light breakfast.
      Watched a little college football while drinking coffee.
      Checked out my messages on Yahoo and Facebook.
      Got more coffee.
      Watched (some) of another college game.
      Tom Herman, the highly-south college coach from Houston, failed to win today against his opener at Texas vs Maryland.
      Going to stop with the college jargon.
      I am going to rest tonight.

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

The media tells us what to think and feel by over-reporting some things and under-reporting others, and making implications as opposed to stating facts. More or less.

HP has been good lately in terms of traffic, etc. Admin once again seem to have made some good moves, plus Google updates have improved search results.

I'm currently in limbo. Will have to see how things go.

3. RoadMonkey profile image82
      RoadMonkeyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A friend just returned from Canada, where they also have large fires. She enjoyed an apple straight from the tree because she said everything over there currently tasted of smoke.

2. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 6 years ago

Adsense has been really good lately. Earnings have jumped. Hope it lasts.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Walked a total of 6.5 miles today.

I have 8 new Hubs in various states of completion to push out over the next several weeks. More productive than I've been in a long time.

Watching Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" on Netflix right now...still one of the funniest damn stand up routines ever filmed.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61

Not a typical day…

I gazed out the motel front window across the desert towards Los Angeles. It was fairly early morning. The usual desert air was crisp and clean. All was still.

“Did I get far enough away in time?” I wondered. I started to turn towards the television to check out the latest chaotic news.

Then came the flash. It was an air burst.

“Safe!” thought I.

Then I saw the rolling dust cloud filled with debris...

I dived down below the window and huddled against the low wall.

The roaring impact shattered the window, slamming the glass shards across the room embedding themselves in the opposite wall.

The roaring became louder…

I was wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------

Remember Bubble News? From that.

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
  6. NessMovieReviews profile image84
    NessMovieReviewsposted 6 years ago

Have just spent the past week alone with the kids while hubby has been on work trip, sent him camping yesterday upon his return home with his mates.

Gosh I'm tired but I still cooked an amazing pasta dish with bowtie pasta to amuse the kids- somehow they were still hungry afterwards so I still havent really stopped.

The new TV is being stupid and has disconnected the internet and I can't get it back on, I've wasted an hour trying. Hope its not broken.

An ongoing debate with a vegan who protested against a local butcher because of his trading name has resulted in me deciding I am now anti-vegan and that the sub group called 'unapologetic vegans' are fruit loops who go as far as to argue amongst themselves as to whether guide dogs for the blind are vegan or not (as its considered a form of animal cruelty) How do I know this? I infiltrated a Facebook group of the same name by doing some quick google research to answer their questions. #waragainstvegans #forreals.

Had some wine because even though it makes me tired, it relaxes me.

All my hubs are featured yippee.

I loved your post and hubs too.

7. paradigmsearch profile image61

Excellent.

I agree. Excellent indeed.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Two weeks ago our town was totally evacuated and nearly overcome by a large wildfire We live several miles from town, so did not need to leave.  Power was out for 30 hours-- but that was not so bad. Residents are back now and the town still stands thanks to heroic efforts and the VLATs-- (Very Large Air Tankers).

Since then there have been three more large fires with evacuations in the other direction which have been sending smoke  our way. This is the third day of very heavy smoke. The sun rises as a dull orange ball and spreads a yellowish ashy haze over the land. It seems as dense as our January fog and can be felt in the throat. All of this has been accompanied by an extended heat wave with temps in the 100's. Armageddon?  We keep thinking,  "This will be the last big fire this season", after all Fall is almost here.
    We are sheltering in place and doing chores that require little exertion. I need to clean out and reorganize the pantry.
    Our son and his wife live in Houston been there for about a year. Not directly affected by the water, but both of their workplaces were/are closed, many stores and businesses are still closed.
    Adsense is noticeably better and my Amazon is doing even better.  I've gotten lazy about writing.

9. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Make that 7. Punched out a new one this morning. Moving on to the next. Caffeinated and motivated! big_smile

10. paradigmsearch profile image61

@ Rochelle Frank. Well, that's an OMG! I am glad you are ok. What can us fellow CA do? If it isn't fires, it's earthquakes, we are long overdue.

@ My Favorite Cat. Alas, nary a hub. But am industrious as to WWNN.

@ Nate. You are right.

-----------------------

Jeez, NK is a real pain in the neck. This is going to be an interesting year.

Both pro and con Trump comments are welcome here. Another mess.

Next few days will be erratic, but eventually this thread will be my morning cup of coffee.

11. paradigmsearch profile image61

Not even noon and AdSense is already awesome. Thank you, HP!!!

12. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Hey paradigm, good to see you, love the updates.

First on my mind, Steely Dan co-founder passed away today. One of the best bands of the '70s. My favorites: "Peg," "Hey Nineteen," and "Rikki Don't Lose That Number." RIP Walter Becker.

HP traffic and earnings consistently up, good times for us currently. The niche sites work except for my meatball hub hmm. However, for the most part, love when someone else edits my hub. I've let go of what they take out. It's all good, whatever. Yes, I do miss the old days and old hubbers, been here 5 years now, have seen many changes, still love it.

So much in the news, so much sadness and chaos. All we can do is: Pray. Love. Protest.

I get it about doctors not telling you about tests not covered by insurance. Happened to me once. Got a $250 bill for an eye test because he wanted to use his new toy. I wrote him a letter stating I refuse to pay because I was not informed. It worked.

Lastly, my 18 year old car . . . lord! Expensive.

Back later for more updates. Happy Sunday. smile

13. paradigmsearch profile image61

@janshares. I love you, but you already know that.

@Ken. You do know you are an equal mess? Not current posts, but previous, same as me.

14. paradigmsearch profile image61

Labor Day Weekend and AdSense still perking right along.

15. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

New fire closer to us. They are working on it, but it is getting closer to night and the air attacks will stop.
    I think every available firefighter in California is working overtime for sure. Our prayers are with them, don't know how they stand the smoke-- it is bad enough here in the house.

This is the worst fire season in our area in 20+ years.

Adsense is doing well.

recently got a new notice--- spot fire with evacs one mile away.. we were scrambling to get some junk together... seems they got this one squashed before we had to leave.

Our county fair (very small county, thus a big event) is always Labor Day weekend. We didn't make it.

16. paradigmsearch profile image61

It is amazing how the hive mind works, https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … e-question

17. paradigmsearch profile image61

@Lela and Bob Cargill

Saw it, thank you.

18. paradigmsearch profile image61

@Liz

Saw it, thank you.

19. paradigmsearch profile image61

Both were as to WWNN, but HP still lives.

20. paradigmsearch profile image61

Looking at my porkchop belly as you read this. Smaller than it was a month ago. Success!

21. paradigmsearch profile image61
  22. paradigmsearch profile image61

I just dropped by AdSense, ToughNickel is truly awesome.

23. paradigmsearch profile image61

For the record, I used to have 90+ hubs here. Very long story. Maybe someday I will report it. Meanwhile, I am actually feeling the fleeting urge to publish a hub. Afterall, it's only been 3-4 years.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Go for it!

24. Max Dalton profile image83
    Max Daltonposted 6 years ago

This mildly reminded me of Allen Ginsberg's "Howl."

Thank you.

25. paradigmsearch profile image61
  26. Mamerto profile image92
    Mamertoposted 6 years ago

Been here for only two months or so, but things are doing well. After finding my audiences in facebook, each hub generates an average of 200 views. That's not much but for a newbie it's priceless! One of my hubs moved to letterpile and I'm ecstatic as a boy who talked to his crush for the first time.

27. paradigmsearch profile image61

You remind me of me. Keep doing what you are doing.

28. Mamerto profile image92
    Mamertoposted 6 years ago

Thanks!

29. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, despite feeling stomach pains, a shot mental acuity, and vision problems that won't quit; still got work done today. However, not complaining. Harvey-Irma-Jose certainly put things in perspective.

30. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, this thread certainly turned into a firestorm: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … vant-links . I've actually come up with an idea on how to fix the problem. The idea came to me during my second cup of morning coffee. Should I sell it to HP or just give it to them? big_smile

Meanwhile, onto my own disaster cleanup for the day. Once this day is done, the weekend is mine.

1. makingamark profile image70
      makingamarkposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So that explains your enigmatic post...

You can tell me - I'm interested! smile

paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Maybe this weekend. The wording would have to be meticulously careful; otherwise, all sorts of sensibilities would be ruffled. Besides, I'm curious what HP is willing to pay. big_smile

definitely got me intrigued now!

Unfortunately, my inference from https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … ost2910070 is that HP is not going to implement any procedural changes.

That's the way I was reading it too.
              Pity.

31. paradigmsearch profile image61

Oh, great. First the three hurricanes, now Mexico gets hit by worst earthquake in century. California definitely to be hit next; both San Francisco and Los angeles are way overdue.

32. Endy Noble profile image67
    Endy Nobleposted 6 years ago

I waited for that 12 midnight. The one you know. I was eager to see its birth. Behold it came and light went off.
    Then I had my laptop switched on for a bit of fun.
    Which do I check on first?
    Facebook says me!
    Twitter says I!
    Instagram says myself!
    LinkedIn says I have more!
    And hubpages says I am growing your dollars bit by bit!
    The campaigns were over and Hubpages won.
    And just when I was waiting for Adsense to load.
    My body says, "Oh I need some rest". I protest to have my eyes still for some more times.
    Beautiful!
    That is the last I know. I slept on my laptop....Without viewing my dollars.

Oh poor me!
    You could make all the dollars you want but you body needs some rest.

Don't forget that part!

33. paradigmsearch profile image61

Speaking of pay, I think our traffic/earnings are actually being affected by such a significant part of the US being such a mess right now.

34. lovetherain profile image82
    lovetherainposted 6 years ago

I am 44. Am I too old to go back to college? Am I too old to learn tae kwon do?

No and No.

In other words, do it. Both would be fun. And both would be good for you, both mind and body.

1. lovetherain profile image82
        lovetherainposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I want to do Chemistry, but I'm not sure which type of job I want. Probably some type of environmental clean up type job.

No matter what job you choose, Chem 101 is where you will start.

2. RoadMonkey profile image82
      RoadMonkeyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, I went back to College at 61. Do wharever you want, it's YOUR choice. I was dking the insanity workour classes in my 60s.

35. paradigmsearch profile image61

While we are at it, a junior college costs a lot less than a regular college or university. And surprisingly, the junior college usually has the better quality classes for the first two years. Just be sure they are accredited.

36. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, my personal note of the day...

A. Got the medical done.
    B. Got the government bureaucracy business done.
    C. Got the private-sector business appointment done.
    All of it today. Tomorrow to be equally chaotic

Hark! I just might do some writing Sunday.

As for next week, the whole week promises to be equally chaotic; but then might finally start slowing down. I hope.

Meanwhile, Paul E. certainly had an interesting few days; much more so than mine.

I don't know what to do about HP, I do want to kind of start writing here again. But my own site is equally fun, the critter even comes in first place in earnings amongst all the HP sites on some days. In fact, it's even beat all the HP sites combined on occasion. Not really a fair comparison; my site has exactly 100 articles, as opposed to my now only having 10 hubs here these days. Too bad there is no linking; synergy and all that.

Transferring to Straight Adsense can be a real eye-opener in some respects. One solid month of it, and you know which hubpages.com hubs and which HP vertical site content you immediately want to move to your own website. Clue: it's earnings you look at, not traffic.

I'll keep visiting the forums, leastwise until I'm banned again; I'm guessing I'll put my foot in it by the end of the year. It's just the kind of guy I am.

Final thought of the day. When one gets things done, the sense of accomplishment causes glimmerings of happiness.

37. Jesse Drzal profile image91
    Jesse Drzalposted 6 years ago

Don't get banned. We need more personality in here, not less. Good hearing.

38. paradigmsearch profile image61

Saturday. In the park. I think it was the 4th of July.

I think I'll remain in stasis as far as HP goes, leastwise until one of two things happen.
    A. Inspiration strikes, and I add a hub.
    B. An editor pokes me with a stick, and I subtract a hub.

Coffee just can't seem to wake me up this morning. Chores and other messes await.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
      Jesse Drzalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yea you are running a little light on articles these days I see.

Yep, going from over 90 hubs down to 10 is indeed kind of grim. There were two main reasons for the slaughter, both of which I've described elsewhere. Most now happily reside on my website.

39. paradigmsearch profile image61

Remember being a newbie? Remember what it felt like? I've reinitiated my very old philosophy of following the ones I happen to notice. That goes a long way towards making a person feel welcome here.

40. paradigmsearch profile image61

Sick and tired of Facebook never sending traffic to my website. Slackers.

41. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 6 years ago

Busy week with the grandchildren back to school. Hubby and the kids went out of town. Having more coffee than I should and getting more articles ready to add here. In between cleaning and dishes. THen it's me time before they all get back. Oh then it's laundry for this week of school. Fall is almost here and the yard is changing color now. Well I'd better get back at it. Have a great weekend. and don't forget to vote in the hubby awards.

42. paradigmsearch profile image61

I wonder what was on her mind...

http://nbc4i.com/2017/09/10/video-woman … ate-chase/

I mean seriously, life is complicated enough without deliberately going out of your way to get thrown in jail.

43. paradigmsearch profile image61

At last report, the UN is going to make a decision Monday that could result in a chain of events that will make our hurricane disasters pale in comparison. I am not talking politics, I am talking real world, immediate consequences. It's been on the news, but got shunted aside because of Irma.

Not kidding around here. If UN does it (and I think they will), there are only two dominoes left. I assign a 50:50 probability to each, thus 1 chance in 4 that it all really hits the fan this week.

44. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I just posted a thread about a traffic fall on my single page at Healdove. I can see it in the list of threads but when I click it (wanting to add something) I get:

Sorry, that discussion has been removed or does not exist.

Can anyone else see it? Can anyone access it?

You are right. Same thing happened to me awhile ago. I ripped into HP, thinking it was personal leftover from when I was banned. You have now just proven to me it was a glitch instead. As to how I fixed mine, you don't want to do that.

But I'll give this a shot: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … -needed-at

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just hope traffic fall discussions are not suddenly verboten.

Anyway, good to see you around PDS. I'm not that active in the forum these days. Been exposing myself to the real world more (that strange place outside of the internet and smoke-filled bars). Not sure how it will work out, lol.

You are right to keep doing that.

I'm forced the reverse. 82 Camaros and the State of California don't get along well when it comes to smog tests. I have lost the right to drive just today as a matter of fact.

Mulling things over.

That was a gold link. Thanks.

More to say, but will suspend.

45. paradigmsearch profile image61

I put myself out on a limb here. I hope you weren't really, really bad. lol

46. paradigmsearch profile image61

For men only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQM_zfYO7Q

The longer you watch, the better it gets.

Full screen of course.

If obnoxious ad, click back-forward. Might get rid of it, might not.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why only men?  She is very athletic , beautiful, graceful . Wish I could do that.

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

So many things I like about that video that I lost count.

3. Will Apse profile image87

I went to that video with a sense of foreboding but it actually made my day. Good fun. I wish I was twenty again.

Probably over a 100 people clicked that link, expecting something evil. You can certainly bet the moderators  clicked the living  daylights out of the thing. You'd think after 7 years I'd be trusted by now. Then again, who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men?  lol

I'm afraid I imagined a blonde with big teeth draped over a Corvette.

I remember that pic. I think there were $100 bills spread across the hood as well. lol

47. paradigmsearch profile image61

Got two medical calls today. Welcome to your future.

Dear Gentle Reader,

You have no idea what is in store for you.

Take what you have to the max.

48. paradigmsearch profile image61

A real excerpt from the instructions I got regarding an impending PET scan:

"...24 HOURS POST EXAM: AVOID ARMS DISTANCE FROM ANY KIDS, PREGNANT WOMEN..."

---------

Their caps, not mine. Just how much radioactive gunk are they going to pump into me anyway!!!???!!!

The pre and prep are also a miserable experience. And so is the actual procedure, itself.

---------

I'm seriously thinking of just bailing out of the whole thing and cancelling the appointment. Will think about it all day today and make my decision tomorrow. I would be interested in any advice or comments.

49. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 6 years ago

please just do it and go home after. They wouldn't ask for it unless it's serious. Then go home after and not in out in public for 24 hrs. I've done it and you can too. I had to also drink lot's of water to get it out of your body for that time too.

50. paradigmsearch profile image61

I wonder if my bed will glow in the dark for the next six months. big_smile

Doctors order medical tests at the drop of a hat in this town. I've actually wondered if there are kickbacks involved.

Maybe I'll go middle of the road and just procrastinate it.

The other alternative being to put it on my Things-I-Will-Not-Do-List, right alongside colonoscopies and flu shots.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, I guess it depends why they want to do it, benefit vs risk. Since I was hospitalized with the flu a few years ago, I get my shot. Colonoscopy, I've done it, but I'm way overdue.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)